JDSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JDSU Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

3.1

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

the interview was not difficult but it took almost 3 weeks but it was an easy part working with the recruiter was easy and feel like you are talking to someone who understands you.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDSU (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

45 presentation, includes introduction about yourself, more detail about the work or research experience shown on the resume to highlight your skills. Question and answering are also included.
    3 interviews with 3 different group of people. Each of the interview lasts about 30min, and there will be 2 interviewee. The interview questions includes some general questions, such as wants your career plan, what part do you think you'll like about the job, or what area should you learn more for this position; then technical questions about skills required for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JDSU.

Interview

Very easy and simple questions. A lot were geared towards behavioral questions, but overall be yourself and answer to the best of your ability and you should do just fine.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JDSU.

Interview

submit resume through friends, got call from recruiter, phone interview by manager, then on site
    simple questions, most related to previously experience, if you worked in the same area before you're easy to get in if they recognize your background

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at JDSU (Milpitas, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had two back-to-back interviews with senior management. Both were conducted over the phone. They didn't really ask me many questions so much as described the role. They were in need of someone quickly, and wanted to ensure my personalty was a good fit. The two interviews were 30 minutes each, and a decision was made a few hours later.

Interview Questions

• As stated, they didn't really ask questions. They explained the role and wanted me to ask my questions. I asked about company culture, who I'd be working with, potential for the position to expand beyond expected, type of work I'd be doing, etc. They did ask about my expectation of the role, but did not inquire as to my skill-set; I suppose my resume experience proved sufficient.   1 Answer

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JDSU (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview started be email asking about availability for phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled and occurred the following week. Interview was successful, however, when recruiter asked what the salary was at previous employer, it was too high. She was going to check with VP HR and also speak to the hiring manager to possibly schedule another interview. Just received email from recruiter if I'm still available and I replied, but have not received response from recruiter. Process by email is slow.

Interview Questions

• Last email from recruiter was a question whether I have found a job or still available.   1 Answer

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JDSU (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

The interview process consisted of series of phone interviews with three different managers. All interviews were conducted remotely via telephone. The difficulty depended on the manager conducting the interview. Before being cleared to be interviewed, I was asked to submit samples of my work.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage pressure from above to do something you believed was professionally ineffective?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JDSU.

Interview

HR screened potential candidates. Short list then provided to Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager would usually interview via phone to start and then bring 1-3 finalists for face-to-face interviews. Usually met with 3-5 people on the team for 45 min each. Decisions were made within a week or two of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was out of the ordinary. It was a blend of technical/experience questions along with testing how you would fit to the company culture.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position had a fairly tight range for what could be offered. They have well defined job rating system and location based pay formula. The main item they can play with is Restricted Stock Units that vest over time.

R&D Interview

Interview

Interview process was fair and asked questions that pertained to the job. You go in to the interview and you have a board of other Engineers that sit across the table from you and each has a list of question that they ask you. They also ask some personal question to get to know about you outside of work

Interview Questions

• Very specific protocol questions and what I liked about their products   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JDSU (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

Using a recruiter, I got to meet with the Sales Manager for a face to face interview. They have your resume on hand for reference, so it's really your personality that can set you apart from the rest. Be excited (don't fake it), show you really are interested in sales.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?, and then sell it to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My Recruiter did the negotiating for me.