JDSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JDSU Interview Questions

3.3

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JDSU (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

The interview process consisted of series of phone interviews with three different managers. All interviews were conducted remotely via telephone. The difficulty depended on the manager conducting the interview. Before being cleared to be interviewed, I was asked to submit samples of my work.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage pressure from above to do something you believed was professionally ineffective?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at JDSU in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a minimal three part process. First interview via telephone from an HR person and the second one is from the Manager via the telephone. The third interview is in person with the Manager. The HR person asked a couple of odd questions I thought that had nothing to do with the process, but nothing against the law.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult questions, just I feel unprepared interviewer almost as if the person had not read my resume or didn't recall it.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JDSU (Bloomfield, CT).

Interview

Went through 2 phone interviews before I was selected to fly out to headquarters. On-site interview consisted of a 30 minute presentation and one on one interviews with managers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JDSU in February 2013.

Interview

Met them at a university career fair and they wanted to do an on-campus interview the next day. Got a response from them requesting me to fly out for a second interview but never heard back from them after trying to schedue the interview.

Interview Questions

• Say we have a doubly linked list, but the pointers have been corrupted by the computer. How can we reconstruct the linked list?   1 Answer

Characterization Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JDSU (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

First, phone screen of about 1hours, and then on-site.
    During the on-site, I was requested to give a presentation. Then I was interviewed by a few managers and colleagues. Each one takes about 1 hour.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JDSU (Milpitas, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The process started with an online job application submission for the role. I was then contacted my a recruiter via email and phone to schedule a time to speak. We spoke for over an hour. The recruiter was very concerned that I came off as dry via telephone and didn't appear to be interested in the role. I had actually applied to a manager level role a couple months prior and the recruiter stated that she was concerned that I was just applying to this role out of necessity and would soon quit. Anyway after a lot of pacifying the recruiter I was contacted by a second person from HR who had a better relationship with the hiring manager. This person coached me to be more lively and excited as thats what the hiring manager was seeking. A few day later I spoke to the hiring manager via telephone. It was a standard background review with a few technical questions. She told me that I seemed qualified but wanted to speak to a few more candidates. At this point I was completely done with the company. However a week or so later the second HR recruiter contacted me to come in a meet with the hiring manager in person. The process would be come in for the hiring manager to "see" me. Potentially followed by a meeting with the hiring manager peers for another visit. And then a final visit with the group senior manager/ executive. There was no way that I was willing to go through 3 more days of interviews after I had already had so many phone interviews. I constantly felt like I had to reassure them and pacify them. It was like when you have an insecure mate constantly accusing you of cheating. They keep stating that I wasn't excited enough, interested enough, and so on that I became completely disinterested in withdrew my application from further consideration

Interview Questions

• describe the closing process.
      describe how to do a budget.
      describe how do you handle conflict.
      will you quit after a few months?
      Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JDSU (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

Regular process. Met with potential Director, then flew to meet his boss. provide technical description on previous works. answered questions. company covered all expenses. didn't work out as hiring was abruptly terminated.

Interview Questions

• previous experience, both technical and people management.
      they are very interested in what I am asking for salary.
      Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JDSU (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

This interview was during an Photonics Exhibition where there was an small Job Fair. Went to the JDSU booth, one of the representatives look at my resume and took me a side and ask me the following questions:
    1) What are the Maxwell Eqns.?
    2) Describe Fourier Transforms
    3) Do you have experience using Matlab?
    4) Asked things from my resume.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JDSU (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2009.

Interview

Initial contact was made to me from the corporate office. Very nice communication by email and telephone. The interview was started by the department head and I met with a few more people afterwords. Once with two interviewers. With the first interviewer, I was straightforward with two points on the job description that I was lacking. He let me know that it was no big deal. The last interviewer let me know that those two points were a negative. I wasn't sure who would be making the final decision. A few days after the interview, I called to check the status of the decision making process. I could never reach the department head. Later I called the Senior Mechanical Engineer and he acted surprised that no one had contacted me. He would not tell me if I was still a candidate, but I knew by his response that I was not. The next day, the corporate office contacted me to tell me someone else had been chosen.

Interview Questions

• How would I design their product to make it better.   1 Answer

Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at JDSU (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

First round was telephonic, Second Round was F2F, Third Round was HR over telephonic.
    interview schedule was flexible, you need to choose the time according to you ease.
    interview panel could be size of 3-5 people.

Interview Questions

• What you will do to motivate the engineer or team   1 Answer