JDSU Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JDSU (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2009.

Interview

Initial contact was made to me from the corporate office. Very nice communication by email and telephone. The interview was started by the department head and I met with a few more people afterwords. Once with two interviewers. With the first interviewer, I was straightforward with two points on the job description that I was lacking. He let me know that it was no big deal. The last interviewer let me know that those two points were a negative. I wasn't sure who would be making the final decision. A few days after the interview, I called to check the status of the decision making process. I could never reach the department head. Later I called the Senior Mechanical Engineer and he acted surprised that no one had contacted me. He would not tell me if I was still a candidate, but I knew by his response that I was not. The next day, the corporate office contacted me to tell me someone else had been chosen.

Interview Questions

• How would I design their product to make it better.   1 Answer