JEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Interview was set for a certain time. Showed up early, paid for parking, and received temporary badge,. Waited 30 minutes for interviewer to show before getting up and leaving.. Never received notification they were running late and no one checked on me.

Interview Questions

• Which company needs to reevaluate interview practices?   1 Answer

Database Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JEA in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and was asked to sit for an in-person interview. After a couple of days the interview was canceled due to 'Everyone took off that day'.

Haven't heard back yet but have been assured that they will eventually get around to it.

Declined to Answer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JEA (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The whole thing was a horrible joke, and the joke was one me. They first contacted me about salary requirements. Then they wanted a copy of my college transcript from 20 years earlier. No telephone screening or anything. They asked me to come in (from out of state) as a final candidate and offered only two possible interview timeslots. I opted for 8 am. No one was there to meet me on time. They brought me up late (starting late) and ended punctually. The questions were written in advance and one could not ask questions.

In the end, it was apparent that they were going through the obligatory motions but were promoting from within.

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JEA.

Interview

The entire process took 3 months from start to finish. The process is painfully slow. After applying if you meet the requirements you are schedule to take an exam, that you must pay for. Once a passing score is made you are scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview is scored and you have to make a passing score as well, once that is done you are placed on an "eligibility list". Questions asked at the interview range from education, computer software expertise, work history & hypothetical questions pertaining to possible incidents that could happen in the position & how you would handle it.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Interview

Too many steps for a position that does not pay that much. I understand that they are a public company, but it took over one and a half month of tests, interviews, etc to finally get an response