JELD-WEN Group Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JELD-WEN Group Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at JELD-WEN

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Lexington, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Was not a formal interview. I was hired by a manager for which I had previously worked and another manager that I had a short informal discussion. It was very short and considered it to be more of an exploration of possibilities than applying for the position.

Interview Questions

• General discussion of past experience particularly my knowledge of Lean tools   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for JELD-WEN

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Bend, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a career fair which led to various phone interviews with plant managers across the country. Went to one in person interview which followed a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe 3 traits a good leader should possess. Which of these traits do you think you have?   1 Answer

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN in October 2017.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a career fair at my university. I also applied for the same position in multiple locations on their website. About a month and a half later, I got a call from a recruiter to set up a phone interview for the next day. That went alright, asked basic questions about leadership, explained the position, and then told me he would call me to set up another interview.

Two days later, he called me again to arrange a time for me to interview (over the phone) with the supervisor of the location I'd work at. He was very helpful, told me what I should prepare myself for, the questions I was going to be asked, and stuff.

This interview (second round) was a bit more technical with more specific questions, but nothing hard. I had room to ask questions myself and then was told I'd be contacted if I move to the next round for an on-site interview.

About a week later I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Round 1. What is lean manufacturing? What is my leadership style? What was my GPA? What assets do I bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • Round 2. If I had had conflict in a team and how did I solve it. How to handle someone who is not putting in the effort. Explain a leadership role I have had. If I was familiar with the working environment of a manufacturing company.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview

in house interview with 3 people. On site interview. Not very professional. Did not feel at ease. Short interview. Did not feel good about the company or job. Would not work there.