JELD-WEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JELD-WEN Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.4

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one of the most transparent that I have been involved with. First contact was with the internal talent management group; initial phone screen discussed position details in enough detail to enable a broad salary discussion as well. Each interview phase and next steps were very clear.

Interview Questions

• Discussed position needs, work-style preferences. They were very interested in finding a candidate that was a good two-way fit rather than simply someone who could fill their needs but would be unhappy in the company culture.   Answer Question

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grinnell, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Grinnell, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out application, called back for interview 2-3 days later. I was interviewed individually by one person. He went over all aspects of the job, brief background of company, the companies expectations for me while doing my job, and in their employment. was told would be notified whether I received job offer or not.

Interview Questions

• If someone wasn't doing their share of the work what would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

1) What’s your opinion of the role of learning in sales?
    Being thrown for a loop by this question is a sign that your candidate isn’t a life-long learner, which is becoming increasingly important in sales.

2) How do you keep up to date on your target market?
    Even if the target market of their last job is totally different than that of the one they’re interviewing for, this will show you their ability to find and keep up to date with relevant trade publications and blogs.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a conflict   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Klamath Falls, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting resume online, was contacted by outside 'headhunter.' We arranged time for phone interview. I was surprised at the amount of time and in depth questions! I guess I passed, because I was allowed an online test that took a couple of hours to complete. Once again..kinda crazy for a Customer Care position. Then came a personal interview, with several supervisors.. At that point I was no longer interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Plant Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

First phone interview (he was in SC and I am in TX) he never called, apparently due to an emergency. The rescheduled call, he didn't mention it, not even an apology. He came across quite cold and uncharismatic, like a machine. Can't imagine I would have enjoyed working for him.

Software Catalog Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Klamath Falls, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked me technical .NET questions along with general basic computer science questions about multi threading, data structures, and software testing. I then was asked to write programs for 2 problems from Project Euler (great site btw for preparing for interviews), using any programming language syntax I wanted, although he wasn't super concerned with that. I chose c++ since I was the most comfortable with that at the time.

Group Manager (Operations Manager) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Yakima, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

long and tedious. i believe i applied through linkedin and possibly craigslist. the initial recruiter passed me onto another recruiter who ended up being a know it all jerk, and i hung up on him and referred the negative feedback onto the recruiter who referred me. the poetic justice is that i got the interview even though the know it all jerk said i didnt have the six sigma training. :) in any case, i was put in with the corporate recruiter who worked exclusively with jeld-wen. after a bit of phone tag, i was invited in for an onsite interview. they were really concerned about me being "over qualified" for the position, but they really seemed like some very humble and forward thinking guys so i continued the interview. next after a few weeks, i was invited back to interview with the general manager and then stuck around for an in depth plant tour. after still convincing the general manager i am not a "flight risk" i was told to expect a call from the HR director with yet more questions. a couple weeks later and some more phone tag, i was talking with the HR director who really seemed to like me and told me he was going to put in raising the base salary with some added perks.
    i was offered the position a week later. all in all, a long, tedious, but rewarding experience. :)

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tama, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Tama, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very disorganized and unprofessional setting. There was only one nurse working that was expected to cover multiple physicals and drug tests for new hires, while still assisting current employees. It took roughly 1 1/2 hours for my first interview because the CEO was not previously informed of the time by the head of HR and he was not able to come. A second interview had to be scheduled at a later date with the CEO, which consisted of him asking me multiple questions as to why Tama and Toledo do not work together better as one community...he didn't touch much on the position I was interviewing for! Just overall unprofessionalism on many levels. I was quoted 3 different hourly wages between my two interviews, none of which I was offered at start.

Interview Questions

• Could I handle working with a multi-line phone system professionally?   1 Answer

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview

in house interview with 3 people. On site interview. Not very professional. Did not feel at ease. Short interview. Did not feel good about the company or job. Would not work there.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter, then GM (site visit), then two VP's. Process took a few weeks start to finish. Really not bad at all for an international company. Very positive impression of site manager and staff. Just not the right time for this particular move. Nothing negative about the interview or the company. I believe they are sincere about turning the business around and treating their people professionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style   1 Answer

Personal decision based on other offers closer to existing home. Thought I was ready to uproot but I need a few more years to make that career move when both kids are in college.