JELD-WEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Klamath Falls, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting resume online, was contacted by outside 'headhunter.' We arranged time for phone interview. I was surprised at the amount of time and in depth questions! I guess I passed, because I was allowed an online test that took a couple of hours to complete. Once again..kinda crazy for a Customer Care position. Then came a personal interview, with several supervisors.. At that point I was no longer interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a very positive experience! The recruiter was in consistent contact and always followed up with he advised he would. Very friendly. The questions were very detailed and well thought out. I give this process an A+. Great team to work with.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions regarding Supply Chain processes and procedures   1 Answer

Senior HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Klamath Falls, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

It wasn't a brief process. First a phone screen with a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then the divisional director. Then they flew me out to the site to meet with the hiring manager again, the benefits manager, the VP of compensation and the plant manager. The day after I returned home I interviewed by phone with the VP of HR. Two days later I got a blanket "no thank you" email. No feedback or phone call.

Interview Questions

• Through all stages the questions were very particular to employee relations. There seemed to be almost no focus on anything else and no concern about the capabilities beyond ER.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Bend, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a career fair which led to various phone interviews with plant managers across the country. Went to one in person interview which followed a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe 3 traits a good leader should possess. Which of these traits do you think you have?   Answer Question

Global Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR rep after submitting online. Short screening interview with HR. Next was phone screen with hiring manager. Hard to get a word in edge wise. Weeks waiting for next step. Invited to headquarters for face to face. HR rep barely had time time to say hello. Offered nothing about the company. Good interview but hiring manager did most of the talking. Told there was two other candidates. Presented a 30-60-90 day plan and a template for policy. Hiring manager asked me to stay and participate on a team call regarding a project. Had good interaction. Waited weeks again for next step. Told there will be interview with 2nd level VP supervisor. Waited week for call. Just rehashed hiring manager questions. HR rep was virtually absent during the process. Didn't get invited to 2nd face to face with General Counsel. Process seemed to be made up as it moved along.

Interview Questions

• Do you like coming into a position where you are building the capability?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one of the most transparent that I have been involved with. First contact was with the internal talent management group; initial phone screen discussed position details in enough detail to enable a broad salary discussion as well. Each interview phase and next steps were very clear.

Interview Questions

• Discussed position needs, work-style preferences. They were very interested in finding a candidate that was a good two-way fit rather than simply someone who could fill their needs but would be unhappy in the company culture.   Answer Question

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grinnell, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Grinnell, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out application, called back for interview 2-3 days later. I was interviewed individually by one person. He went over all aspects of the job, brief background of company, the companies expectations for me while doing my job, and in their employment. was told would be notified whether I received job offer or not.

Interview Questions

• If someone wasn't doing their share of the work what would you do?   Answer Question

Software Catalog Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Klamath Falls, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked me technical .NET questions along with general basic computer science questions about multi threading, data structures, and software testing. I then was asked to write programs for 2 problems from Project Euler (great site btw for preparing for interviews), using any programming language syntax I wanted, although he wasn't super concerned with that. I chose c++ since I was the most comfortable with that at the time.

Plant Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

First phone interview (he was in SC and I am in TX) he never called, apparently due to an emergency. The rescheduled call, he didn't mention it, not even an apology. He came across quite cold and uncharismatic, like a machine. Can't imagine I would have enjoyed working for him.

Group Manager (Operations Manager) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Yakima, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

long and tedious. i believe i applied through linkedin and possibly craigslist. the initial recruiter passed me onto another recruiter who ended up being a know it all jerk, and i hung up on him and referred the negative feedback onto the recruiter who referred me. the poetic justice is that i got the interview even though the know it all jerk said i didnt have the six sigma training. :) in any case, i was put in with the corporate recruiter who worked exclusively with jeld-wen. after a bit of phone tag, i was invited in for an onsite interview. they were really concerned about me being "over qualified" for the position, but they really seemed like some very humble and forward thinking guys so i continued the interview. next after a few weeks, i was invited back to interview with the general manager and then stuck around for an in depth plant tour. after still convincing the general manager i am not a "flight risk" i was told to expect a call from the HR director with yet more questions. a couple weeks later and some more phone tag, i was talking with the HR director who really seemed to like me and told me he was going to put in raising the base salary with some added perks.
    i was offered the position a week later. all in all, a long, tedious, but rewarding experience. :)