JLL Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial phone interview, followed by three more phone interviews with various levels of management. Then completed an excel modeling exam. After that, I interviewed in person, passed a background/drug test and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for JLL

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

HR really needs to work of their communications skills - both internally and with the candidates. During the interview process, I spoke with HR at both Chicago and NYC - there were a lot of false promises made on the position and how quickly they will follow up on a particular position. 2 days is really 2 weeks in the JLL world. Don't tell a candidate that they are a prime choice and then follow up a few weeks later saying that they are waiting to hear back from another candidate, especially when you post a job as an immediate hire.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied directly online. Was contacted by a woman from HR who performed a 10-15 minute screening interview to basically confirm I was a real person and get a better idea of what kind of candidate I was. Received a call back letting me know I was selected for an in-person interview. It consisted of four separate sit-down interviews that were mostly personality based, very few technical questions if any. I was given a case study test that had you model out a five year cash flow and then comment on it in a PPT using charts from the data created.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL in November 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and a standard interview with a short case/assignment. Everything was straight forward, and I thought I did fine. Oddly, I never heard back from them. I was told to expect something within a week or two, but heard nothing. Followed up was told that they were still interviewing and making decisions, and that I'd hear back within a few weeks. Unfortunately, they never contacted me again. Regardless of how they perceived me during the interview process, its pretty rude and unprofessional to string a candidate along and then cease communication. Hopefully other candidates didn't have a similar experience.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with two VP's who talked to me about two different positions for about an hour. In person interview was roughly four hours long and consisted of speaking with 10-14 people and a case study. The case study is not that difficult if you have any understanding of Accounting and Finance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a some room for negotiation, but its very small. Experience is really the sole determiner.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

HR called and did a phone screen as a general review of my background and my salary expectations

The following week I was called in for an In person interview. I met with a Senior Analyst first. Then the Senior Analyst left and a VP and Managing Partner came to meet with me.

The questions were about past experience and skills but it was not highly technical .

Interview Questions

• After being interview by a Senior Analyst the managing director came in and his first question was "what questions do you have for me?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter was is line with the salaries posted on Glassdoor so there was minimal negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with three different members on the team. The phone screen was purely behavioral questions, and the in person interview involved basic real estate finance questions, nothing too difficult. They had me demonstrate Excel knowledge, but nothing too intense. Overall seemed like they were looking for a culture fit, and just wanted to make sure you understood the basics

Interview Questions

• Describe how you deal with criticism from superiors   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

2 Rounds - first with EVPs of Capital Markets groups. Asked a few technical questions. I had to also do an argus test. It was a short retail model.

Interview Questions

• Explain IRR in laymen terms and what is cap rate compression.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JLL (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Invited to interview in person after other candidates had already completed phone interviews and first in person interview. Interview with 2 team members simultaneously for an hour, then met with 2 executive team members simultaneously for an hour. After sending a "thank you for the interview" to all four individuals, didn't receive a response until three weeks later informing me that they were no longer hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• As a seasoned professional with diverse expertise, why would you want a lower-level position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

A phone scan, then was called in. Met with 5 members of the real estate team. They were friendly, but tough. Make sure you have data and exel skills.