JLL Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JLL Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial phone interview, followed by three more phone interviews with various levels of management. Then completed an excel modeling exam. After that, I interviewed in person, passed a background/drug test and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for JLL

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL in November 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and a standard interview with a short case/assignment. Everything was straight forward, and I thought I did fine. Oddly, I never heard back from them. I was told to expect something within a week or two, but heard nothing. Followed up was told that they were still interviewing and making decisions, and that I'd hear back within a few weeks. Unfortunately, they never contacted me again. Regardless of how they perceived me during the interview process, its pretty rude and unprofessional to string a candidate along and then cease communication. Hopefully other candidates didn't have a similar experience.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with two VP's who talked to me about two different positions for about an hour. In person interview was roughly four hours long and consisted of speaking with 10-14 people and a case study. The case study is not that difficult if you have any understanding of Accounting and Finance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a some room for negotiation, but its very small. Experience is really the sole determiner.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

HR called and did a phone screen as a general review of my background and my salary expectations

The following week I was called in for an In person interview. I met with a Senior Analyst first. Then the Senior Analyst left and a VP and Managing Partner came to meet with me.

The questions were about past experience and skills but it was not highly technical .

Interview Questions

• After being interview by a Senior Analyst the managing director came in and his first question was "what questions do you have for me?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter was is line with the salaries posted on Glassdoor so there was minimal negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with three different members on the team. The phone screen was purely behavioral questions, and the in person interview involved basic real estate finance questions, nothing too difficult. They had me demonstrate Excel knowledge, but nothing too intense. Overall seemed like they were looking for a culture fit, and just wanted to make sure you understood the basics

Interview Questions

• Describe how you deal with criticism from superiors   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JLL (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Invited to interview in person after other candidates had already completed phone interviews and first in person interview. Interview with 2 team members simultaneously for an hour, then met with 2 executive team members simultaneously for an hour. After sending a "thank you for the interview" to all four individuals, didn't receive a response until three weeks later informing me that they were no longer hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• As a seasoned professional with diverse expertise, why would you want a lower-level position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with 8 individuals in total in 30 minute incements. Interview took two hours. For one half hour I was interviewing 4 people at once. I thought this was excessive since it was for an entry level position, but the interview process only lasted one day, so I suppose they would rather crame the process instead of having intervewees travel to the city multiple times.

The people whom I was interviewing with all went to prestigious universities and half of them had MBAs at ivy league B-schools or Booth, and it appeared that they want all their employees to share this common quality.

They asked me the typical questions, but I got caught up when they asked me why I was interested in real estate which is why I believe I didn't get the job. Point is, know a lot about real estate and be able to illustrate why you want to be in this industry.

7 out of the 8 people seemed relaxed and fun; however one of the 8 was very awkward. Overall, the atmosphere seemed ver relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What interest you about real estate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I came initially to meet the manager of the group and the day before was asked if I could stick around all day to meet with various project managers. It became an interview that lasted from 9-4:00. Everyone was really nice and told me about the company and how it was structured. The most important thing they wanted out of my interview by far was to have me talk to many group members to see if I could get along with them.

Interview Questions

• One team member asked me why I wanted to work in their group and started negating all my reasoning. It was rather intimidating, but I had a feeling that that was the guys way, so I held my ground. I know now that's his personality to provoke a reaction in jest as a test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Teams of two, mostly personality fit. Company seems to care more about pedigree than skill fit

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JLL (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was very very long. You wait at least one or two weeks between each step.
    Also, there were a lack of communication between the teams, which leads to few confusions when they talk to you.
    The face to face interview last one hour and your are in front of three managers.
    At the end of the process, I receive an impersonal email saying that I was not selected, with no feedback. But on the other side, they ask you some feedback to improve their interview process. As the Golden Rule says: "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself".