JLL Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JLL Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL in April 2016.

Interview

Informational and insightful details about the team and company's culture and the business. Introduce to higher management and give you a picture of how the team / office works

Phone screening from HR, move to 1:1 with manager and phone call from finance director

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for JLL

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a couple of rounds of interviews and most were about my background. The type of interview where they ask you to walk them through your resume. Why do you like this type of work? What do you want to accomplish in your career? They were also look for fit within the group. Most of the people I've met and worked with have been excellent co-workers.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone with hiring manager, one-on-one a couple weeks later, then two-on-one the next week. All behavioral. Prep for standard questions and you should be fine. JLL is system and data heavy on the finance side. Financial technology is also important. Need good accounting skills. The fit with the team is really important. Interest in real estate is helpful.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict? What do you believe the role of your manager should be? Would you rather be liked our respected?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's a little room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was invited for office interview. Not too much technical questions. It's for about fit.

Interview Questions

• Your resume looks a lot like IB focused. Can you explain why you chose to apply to this financial analyst position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with other analysts, in person interview with the manager(s). MOst departments try to be as lean as possible, so by the time they are interviewing it is because they have an impending need. Furthermore, this means that they do not have a lot of bandwidth to train you on the job so you will need to have the skills they need when you walk in the door or demonstrate you will be able to pick them up shortly after. For example, modeling financial statements and building valuations are different skills but showing you are familiar with excel lets the interviewer know you can be brought up to speed quickly enough to make it worthwhile to hire you.

Interview Questions

• How good are you with excel?
      Can you explain NPV?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Received a call from HR after applying online and calling in a few times to check on status. Went in for 1:1 interviews. Met with 2 seperate people and one phone interview due to team member located out of town. Good interviewers, typical questions for fit, personality, some behavioral based like what was the last time you had a problem and how did you overcome it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficulty at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JLL (Bellevue, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

Getting the Interview: I was referred for the position by an internal employee. The position was not officially posted at the time of the initial e-mail exchange. Following a recommendation from that internal contact in addition to a second internal contact, I was called by the hiring manager.

Phone Interview: The phone interview was very casual and friendly. We discussed the intent for the position. We agreed to proceed with a face-to-face interview on-site. Interview details were coordinated directly with the hiring manager via e-mail.

On-Site Interview: The interviews took place in the office workspace which was on a secured office floor. The office space was typical cubicles with lower walls. Office environment seemed quiet and professional and all were dressed in business casual attire.

The interviews consisted of two 30 minute 1:1 sessions. The first session was with the hiring manager and took place in his office. The other was with a subordinate of the hiring manager and took place within a conference room large enough for about 16 people. Both interviews focused on typical interview questions (work history), responses to various senarios, personal values and/or character questions. There were no particulary odd or obscure types of "curveball" questions.

Interview Follow-up: Following the interviews I received positive feedback due to my very closely aligned work experience. I followed up with an e-mail to each of the interviewers within days. I never heard anything from the subordinate, but the hiring manager followed up with me within about a week by a phone conversation. At that time I was informed that the client opted to cancel that position in lieu of another more critical position to be filled due to the current financial environment.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview had the following steps:

1- a 15-minutes screening call
    2- a 45-minutes Interview with HR and a manager from the department I was applying for
    3- a one-hour case study
    4- a 30-minutes Interview with an international director

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They have you do a project that focuses on your real estate analytic capabilities. Its not overly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL in September 2009.

Interview

It wasn't that bad, besides the excel talk