JLL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

177 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

First I was interviewed by the hiring manager. Then I was contacted by head research analyst of norther CA, had another phone interview. Then we set up another interview where I had to come in. First I had to take an Excel exam in 15 mins. Then I was interviewed by three people.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Cleveland, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

There was no phone interview. The in person interview was scheduled through email, not on phone but that was fine with me. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and was basically asked if I had any questions instead of being asked questions.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL in June 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews. Initial screening by HR followed by phone interview by hiring manager. Hiring manager described the position , responsibilities, company background information and asked if I had any questions. A comment the hiring manager made that stands out in my mind as a red flag was "you seem to be overqualified" which is the new buzz phrase used by HR and hiring managers to say "we think you are too old". Strange given that JLL touts itself to be one of the world's most ethical companies and a strong proponent of diversity. Diversity also includes diversity with respect to age. An ethical company would never discriminate against someone due to age.

I was told I would be contacted within two weeks regarding next steps. This did not happen. I attempted to contact HR after not hearing anything by phone (always goes to voicemail and got no follow up to my messages by HR). I then emailed the HR person who initially interviewed me to check on the status of my interview and for any feedback. No response.
    Disappointing experience overall.

Interview Questions

• You seem overqualified for this position   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL in June 2017.

Interview

I received a message from HR less than a week after applying to set up a phone interview. They asked basic questions (work history, why I was looking for a new position, etc). I was told the next steps would be another interview with the hiring manager. I got a call a few days after setting up the next round. The HM asked why I was interested in the industry, and some situational questions (ie: tell me about a difficult client/etc). I followed up with the recruiter a week and a half later and never heard back. I had to log back into their careers site portal two weeks later to find out that the job had been closed and my application was not selected.

Assistant Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Racine, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was with four members of the JLL team, as a meet-n-greet. Great dynamics of the interview team, creating a enjoyable dialog on the expectations of the position advertised and the qualifications of the applicant.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with facility mechanicals?   1 Answer

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I first spoke to HR for a 30 minute phone screen. After I passed that step, they invited me to come in in person to interview with the hiring manager and a peer to the hiring manager, both of which were also 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• They were all behavioral based questions, tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when X, etc, etc   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very professional and comfortable. Great environment and seems to be a solid company with team environment. Phone screening a little uncomfortable but face to face was much better. Hard to express ones knowledge over the phone. Went on interview knowing they had already made a decision but glad I did. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths ?   1 Answer

HR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR in a few days to schedule a phone interview. The whole interview felt very awkward, as if the interviewer either wasn't experienced or interested. Only asked me one question "tell me about yourself" and then proceeded by asking me if I had any questions. I asked more questions than I was asked, and the questions that I had asked elicited very short and vague responses. The total interview was supposed to last about 30 mins and it only lasted about 10. At the end, the interviewer didn't even say anything in relation to the next steps or the process. The last words before she hung up were "thank you, talk soon." This left me very confused as to whether I even had a real interview or not. Very disappointed as I spent hours researching the company and the role, it all just felt like a waste of time. Never heard anything back from them so I assume I didn't get the offer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I found the job posting on Indeed. I was emailed by an HR rep to do a pre-screening phone interview- it was standard, probably about 15 minutes, and fairly positive, with no additional application process required. I was contacted one day later by a manager to schedule an interview at their offices. I met with the two managers I would be supporting if hired. The interview was non-confrontational and friendly. I felt at ease. The next day I followed up with a mailed note. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with accounting principles? (I'm paraphrasing- can't recall the exact wording)   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

JLL wasted my time asking me to go for interview in their Chicago Office (AON building). THey already had in mind internal candidates and they did not even had decency to respond on any of my follow up emails. I would not consider this company again!!!