JLL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JLL Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2017

2.7

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

First I was interviewed by the hiring manager. Then I was contacted by head research analyst of norther CA, had another phone interview. Then we set up another interview where I had to come in. First I had to take an Excel exam in 15 mins. Then I was interviewed by three people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

You first receive a screening call from Chicago office. Then an email inviting you to a casual interview a week later. You are interviewed with the team you will be potentially working with about 3-4 members. You basically have to run through your experience, day to day, and how JLL can help you grow and progress your career.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long, unorganized and confusing. During the entire process your are not sure if you are still in the running or if they have considered other candidates. It seemed that only when I contacted my recruiter or hiring manager did the process move forward. At first I was not sure if that was a test, but I later found out through my experiences that they are simply disorganized and the interview process is very decentralized. Stages of the interview process were quite rewarding, especially when meeting executives within the company. Throughout the process I was met with optimism concerning my success and potential fit within the company. It eventually led to an official offer that I was content with, but like any offer, I negotiated a slightly highly starting salary. My counter was met with my initial offer being rescinded entirely. The reasoning for my offer being rescinded was due to budgetary issues, but there were many contradictions in the email that led me to believe the reasoning was vindictive in nature.

To JLL, please do not make a prospective candidate go through almost 3 months of interviews, extend an offer, only to rescind the offer in the last possible minute. I notified my current employer of my intention to leave, I could of been stuck in the middle with no job.

To others applying for a job at JLL. Be very forward on how long the interview process will take and ask when they plan on filling the position. I advise to tread very carefully when negotiating your starting salary, and it is probably best to go through HR directly rather than your hiring manager.

Lease Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I applied online and got a call the following day for a quick screening. Then I was emailed about more information. The position I applied for was put in hold but then a few days later I got an email asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was great- I met with two groups of two people who were in the team I was being interviewed for. The questions weren't run of the mill at all, which I enjoyed, and focused mainly on my responsibilities in my current position. They told me I'd hear back in 1-2 weeks.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a great phone interview with recruiter. We discussed the required skills needed for the position and that I had a background in multifamily. I would be reporting to two managing directors.

Interview Questions

• We discussed all of my skills that were a match for the position.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next week for a phone screen interview (I scheduled the phone screen a couple days after). Waited another week and received an email for an in-person interview at their Downtown LA office. Once arrival, I met with two of their accounting staff members. After they left, two senior accounting members interviewed me. Overall interview was around 2 hours (30-45 minutes per group). After waiting for two more weeks, I checked the online portal and saw I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting questions. Know your journal entries about accruals and know basic accounting equation -> Assets = Liabilities + Equity. They gave me accounts with specific numbers and had to plug each one into a group to find the answer.
      Ex. Machinery $10k Land $10k Payable $10k
      What is equity?   Answer Question
    • Asked about what type of excel function would be used in a certain scenario.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Extremely long interview process. Several months for an entry level job. Interviewed with people that a year later, I still haven't worked with. Job does not really resemble the advertised position, either. Very disorganized onboarding process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

Initial interview is there more of a personality screening and to see if candidate can meet job expectations. Then you must meet with the team(s) you will be supporting to make sure you're a good fit. After that there is a skill exam that covers topics such as calculating commissions to duplicated a marketing piece.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks?
      Have you ever dealt with a difficult employee and how did you handle any confrontation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

I actually didn't receive an interview. I previously worked for the client and the client decided to transition my role to JLL. The client requested that I be transitioned to JLL to stay in the role.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at JLL (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied through my university and JLL was in need of researchers. My professor knows the HR coordinator and he helped arrange the interview process. The interview was slightly unstructured and very minimal questions.

Interview Questions

• Because they needed researchers, my professors recommendation was all that was needed.   Answer Question