JLL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JLL Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.7

Associate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

First there was a phone screen. Then I was invited for an in person interview. Met with three people: 2 seniors and a VP. Couple days later was invited for a second interview. Again, interview with three people: two seniors and a manager. Two days later I got a call for an offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer was fair. Do your research on the going rate for the position

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

It helps to work as a temp within another JLL office. Resume got passed on and called for interview. Met with GM and AGM for a relatively casual interview. Mostly to ascertain skills and fit within the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an urgent request during an especially busy time?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL in November 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and a standard interview with a short case/assignment. Everything was straight forward, and I thought I did fine. Oddly, I never heard back from them. I was told to expect something within a week or two, but heard nothing. Followed up was told that they were still interviewing and making decisions, and that I'd hear back within a few weeks. Unfortunately, they never contacted me again. Regardless of how they perceived me during the interview process, its pretty rude and unprofessional to string a candidate along and then cease communication. Hopefully other candidates didn't have a similar experience.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Corporate HR to establish validity of experience and interest. Discussed the role, the overview of the team and client work. The resume was then passed along to the hiring manager. The hiring manager also did a phone screen and then did an assessment of skills and knowledge areas in order to match experience to the role. Then invited me to meet the team in the office to sit and discuss the role in-depth, discussed expectations and further assess my thought processes through situational based scenarios by discussing what was handled in past experiences.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JLL in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I did not hear for months so I gave up hoping for it but then out of the blue I was contacted via email to schedule phone interview. I think it went well but that position had a very specific requirement (expert level in V-look up - which was not listed in job announcement, on purpose, I presume). I didn't get this one but since the recruiter liked me, she referred me to another position of Lease Administration Analyst, which wasn't virtual but was nearby. I went for in-person interview with the hiring managers. The position sounded ok and pay was ok and I think they liked me. The next step would be to take their evaluation test which I was told would take 2 hours or so. I did not continue since I wasn't too much interested in the Lease Administration position. What turned me off the most about it was how they described it as "hive mentality" (as if it was a positive), very strict work hours, mandatory lunch hour, working under your customer's watchful eye (in customer's building) and separated from the rest of the company. It seemed like a dead end which I am trying to avoid.

I tried to reach out to the same recruiter later about another opening I saw that was closer to what I was looking for since I still think JLL is a great company but I did not hear back. I've applied to few more since then. No luck yet. I haven't given up though!

Interview Questions

• If your supervisor had to describe you in only one word, what word would he/she use?   Answer Question
    • Describe a scenario where you would use V-lookup.   Answer Question

Project Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter about the open position. A phone interview was initially scheduled with recruiter but then changed to the Hiring Manager. After speaking with the hiring manager, I was immediately contacted for the in person interview with the hiring manager. It was more of a behavioral interview to test my understanding of excel and project accounting. I knew the hiring manager really liked me and that I would be close to getting an offer. I had an additional and final interview with the project director. A few days later, I received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple process: recruiter presented offer, I told the range I was expecting with my counter, and was met in the middle.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JLL in October 2015.

Interview

It started with a telephone interview with HR which was more of a screen and to cover any inconsistencies with my resume. Then it moved on to telephone interviews (2) and ended with an in person interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

Took me two rounds of interviews, very qualitative most likely due to my lack of prior experience. Had a relatively easy time overall despite the length of the process.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JLL (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Laid back, non-intimidating. Interview took about an hour interviewed with two Finance Managers. I was asked more about my previous work experience more than I was asked the typical interview questions. I think I gave an overall good interview. The opportunity for future advancement was the best quality of the interview.

Interview Questions

• No exact interview questions.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at JLL (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

REally short. Just came in and Interviewed with the head of the office. He was charming and I think he was just trying to get a sense of what type of person I was. Not necessarily how much I knew about real estate.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Real Estate?   1 Answer