JLL Lease Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lease Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I applied online and got a call the following day for a quick screening. Then I was emailed about more information. The position I applied for was put in hold but then a few days later I got an email asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was great- I met with two groups of two people who were in the team I was being interviewed for. The questions weren't run of the mill at all, which I enjoyed, and focused mainly on my responsibilities in my current position. They told me I'd hear back in 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for JLL

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR who scheduled a phone interview. Was then called back to schedule a face to face interview. Fairly simple interview questions - why do you like this type of work, have you ever had a conflict with a client/ your manager, a time you created or improved a process, past/current experience. I had a list of questions to ask, as they thought this was a plus. I interviewed with total of 4 people- 2 managers, and 2 employees.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very comfortable. Had to complete a background check and drug screening.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

1 day of in person interviews with several (I think it was 4) managers one on one. Had to take a test and abstract a sample lease. Had to later go for a drug test and background review performed by HireRight (you would submit your information online).

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous experience prepares you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview and felt that it went very well. Was then set up to go into the Pittsburgh Office and meet with 3 of the managers. The managers were very very knowledgable and very easy to talk too. Once done with all of the I was given a test to look over a lease contract and pull different information from it. I was very nervous about this part but the one manager made me feel very comfortable during the entire process. She did mention that the hiring process was very slow and that if I did not get the job I would hear from them the next day. I did not hear from them in the coming days so I was hoping that I had gotten the position. It has been about a month and still have not heard back from them, my online application still says in review. Lets hope the HR department is just very very slow and good news ocme ssoon.

Interview Questions

• One of the interview questions was in regards to my problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Bedminster, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online in January 2015 and was contacted in mid-February for an interview. The interview went well. Was also informed that I would have to take an Excel test and a Lease Abstracting test the following week. I prepared for the Excel test by taking online tutorials so I would not be completely unprepared. Test was supposed to be 2 hours long, yet I was only given an hour and 45 mins to complete this test. So of course more emphasis was placed on the three questions that I was not able to answer and therefore was not selected for the job. I am convinced that they don't test every applicant for this particular position, only certain people. People need to understand that not every person does well in test-taking situations.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities and experiences on previous jobs?   Answer Question

Lease Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

Received a call from the corporate recruiter for an interview over the phone. After the phone interview I went in to the office for a face to face interview. I received a call two weeks later with my offer. Simple and straight forward interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Initial interviewer by telephone very personable. Traveled to office to take a 30 minute abstract and rent calculation test on a day when the director was in the office. The director was a direct contrast to the personable, warm, and inquisitive person who conducted my telephone interview and who greeted me before the test.

Interview Questions

• Lack of questions. Lack of eye contact. Lack of interest in me. That was my experience with the director. The director spoke at me. Delivered a time share sales pitch like someone who was burned out but obligated to go on with the charade.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered low salary but high bonus potential IF the company paid bonuses that year. I countered for a higher salary. They gave it to me leas $1,500 and with a much lower bonus opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview process consists of one 30-min phone screen with an internal recruiter about background and interest in position, then a one-day series of 2-4 <1 hour interviews with middle managers followed by a 45-min exam based on a sample commercial office lease. You do not receive details about your performance on the exam, offer or no offer.

Interview Questions

• If you don't have a related background in real estate, why are you interested in this position? (For most applicants this is their first job in commercial real estate.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

JLL negotiates slightly. They are more likely to increase your offer based on your current salary than increase their offer for any other reason (e.g. market rate, years of experience, personal hardship).

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted through e-mail by a corporate recruiter, asking if I am still interested in a new opportunity. We agreed on a 30 minute time slot 3 days later, during which we further discussed the company, the role, and future career goals. Corporate recruiter offered me an in person interview at the end of the phone screen.

During the in person interview, I met with 3 managers, and a 6th year Analyst. Very smooth interview process. Felt very conversational, opposed to formal / stern. Took 2.5 hours.

Typical mix of questions, including behavioral ones. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just know exactly what your desired role entails, and be able to elaborate on how your skills fit that mold. Also, know the basics regarding the company's objectives and goals.

As for the skills test, it was very straightforward and overall easy. Simple math, and analytical thinking.

Interview Questions

• If someone in your group is not contributing to the team, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although I tried negotiating, they didn't budge. Nonetheless, I was comfortable with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Bedminster, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a short chat. The person I was originally supposed to interview with was tied up so I interviewed with another supervisor who reported directly to the VP/Director. She said there was no actual position they were just interviewing to anticipate turnover because bonuses were being issued? Very odd. I came back about two weeks later for the skills test and was supposed to meet with the director but again she was MIA. I never heard back after that.

Interview Questions

• I think if you have no experience at all with retail leases the skills test might be difficult but it is at least 50% basic business math.   Answer Question