JLL Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY).

Interview

JLL took my life out from underneath my feet by dealing with the demon that is Omnicom.

After promising a high retention and acing an interview I was denied a position despite being practically guaranteed one. Several weeks later I was contacted again by someone saying that there was an open position for me. I met with the hiring manager and we hit it off great. As I was leaving the interview I was told how excited they were to bring me on board and that he thought he could learn a lot from me and I from him. We left things that he would get back to me in a couple days

2 WEEKS later I get an email from someone I've never met saying that there just wasn't a position for me leaving me to the dogs.

Thankfully I never stopped applying for other jobs and haven't lost any momentum but I am disgusted with the way this corporation has jerked me around. Were this not a professional site I would unleash a string of obscene descriptions to fully detail how hurt and confused and angry I am at what one of the supposed most ethical companies in the country has put my family and I through.

For future reference JLL, if you have already denied someone employment after having a hand in stripping it away from them in the first place, DO NOT reach out unless you are 10000% there's something waiting for them on the other side.

This is not a nice thing you've done JLL. May your profits echo the emptiness of your promises.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

There will be no case interview. Rather more about familiarity of real estate market. The company does a lot of sales and transaction. So show your sales skill. Also it varies depending the department you are interviewing to. If it's valuation team, then technics like DCF is a must known. Other than that, it is not very high-tech.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

HR really needs to work of their communications skills - both internally and with the candidates. During the interview process, I spoke with HR at both Chicago and NYC - there were a lot of false promises made on the position and how quickly they will follow up on a particular position. 2 days is really 2 weeks in the JLL world. Don't tell a candidate that they are a prime choice and then follow up a few weeks later saying that they are waiting to hear back from another candidate, especially when you post a job as an immediate hire.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was laid back and pleasant. Initial call from a recruiter at JLL and then two rounds of office interviews. There were no difficult questions. Mostly conversational.

Interview Questions

• My interviews were all conversational. I might have been asked some basic questions about strengths and weaknesses and few one off questions, but it was mostly conversations about my experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called me back spoke with me about the position. The next day I had one interview with the JLL team. 3 days later I had one with JLL and the client. After that i was asked for 3 references and 2 days later i received the offer.

Interview Questions

• In your short time here. What do you think our area of opportunity is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY).

Interview

Usually you'll have 2-3 interviews with different people. The first interview is usually over the phone. When you apply online you won't know the exact location until the interview.

Brokerage Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very informal throughout the process, brokers strongly preferred someone with three to five years of experience within the city. This is reasonable because otherwise you spend three to five months learning the business and the market at opposed to spending that time generating business. This is entirely a draw-based position.

Interview Questions

• Name where the different districts of New York City   1 Answer

Analyst REIB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through a round of interviews, the duration being of about 2 hours. It was conducted by 4 analysts on the team who all spoke with me individually. I never had the chance to speak with any senior members. The first was heavier on the technical side of questioning, while the others were mostly behavioral, asking that I run them through my resume, and then leaving it up to me to ask them questions. At the end I was told a second round of interviews would be conducted within a couple of weeks, however, I didn't hear back for over a month and when I did it was from their headquarters in Chicago. I was admittedly a bit underqualified going in, but I had a solid referral.

Interview Questions

• How would you value the office building we're in right now?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Very minimal. It was a referral. I interviewed in NYC with their client - who owns real estate in Bellevue. The interview was limited to relocation discussion and salary requirements.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was fast and seamless. A screener called me from HR in Chicago to qualify me for the position. After that, the hiring manager contacted me and scheduled an in person interview. The interview process was quick as it lasted about 30 minutes and was stress free and loose.