JLL Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JLL Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JLL (Stamford, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had phone screen with HR and an in-person interview 2 days later.

Interview was with managing director, very friendly and engaging. Asked me about my current employment and typical questions (why JLL, what do you know about this position, etc.). Said HR would be in touch as to whether or not they would be interested in proceeding with me. Only negative of the experience was that I wasn't contacted for 2 weeks and wasn't given the notice that they had chosen a different candidate until following up on two different occasions. Overall seemed like a great working environment and company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for JLL

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. Applied online and was contacted 3 weeks later for a phone interview. First phone interview with a member of HR. Very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What do you know about the company? etc. Second phone interview with another HR with similar questions. Was contacted 3 days later to set up an in person interview. Met with the second HR lady and the most recently hired analyst. They asked me about why I wanted to work there, why I was interested in real estate, how I would value industrial real estate, what I knew about Excel, Google Earth, loopnet, etc. Then was given a timed Excel Test with a 45 minute cap. Pretty difficult Test to do in 45 minutes so I just prioritized what I thought they cared about the most. Created a Pivot Table showing property sales, explained two graphs showing changes over time, showed basic excel sum, average, count formulas. Was asked to create two semi-complex bar graphs that I didn't even have time to get to. I thought I did bad because I didn't answer everything, but apparently I did well enough since they contacted me an hour later to set up a final interview with brokers and the Director. That was a week ago. We are still working to find a time that works for everyone. Overall it's been an average process, just very time consuming. Kind of annoying since I have another offer (less salary) that I've been kind of stringing along to see what happens here.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to multi-task to meet a deadline that required you to give a presentation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

In-person, finalist interview was preceded by a few phone interviews and skills test. Phone interviews lasted roughly 20 minutes each.

In-person interview was multiple one-on-one interviews with individuals from various divisions - brokerage, research, HR, etc.

Finalist interview last nearly 3 hours. Questions were very general, and often the same questions were asked by varying team members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, didn't get response until 3 week later, offering me an interview for a location and position for which I hadn't applied. The interview was very basic -- asking about experience, background, and interest in position and company. After 2 interviews which seemed to go well, they again failed to close the feedback loop. Very unprofessional and poor experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses, experience and why JLL.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The ad said that the above position would be in Walnut Creek/Sacramento, I assumed that maybe there were two positions. I live in SF and was going to ask about the Walnut Creek position.

The first interview was a phone interview. The HR employee who was to interview me, rescheduled 3 times. Twice at the last minute. When this person did finally maintain the appointment, the call was 20 minutes late (for a 30 minute interview) with no explanation.

The interview began with the usual questions, and about 10 mins in, the interviewer asked me if I was willing to travel to Sacramento a few days a week. I said no, sorry, Walnut Creek was the furthest I was willing to travel, at which the interviewer said that he/she "thought so".

I was frustrated that this wasn't a question posed in, perhaps, the very first email, rather than wasting both of our time.

The interviewer seemed like a nice enough person, but it was a very frustrating experience.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

Had an initial interview with their HR lady, seemed to go quite well. A couple weeks later they called me in to meet with several of the brokers working there, I was a little more nervous and it wasn't as smooth an interview. Never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - the questions were all fairly standard   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JLL (Bethesda, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

This was the typical behavioral phone interview to gauge interest and personality. I spoke with a corporate HR person not based in the office for which I was being interviewed. She asked the normal fit questions. Why are you interested in JLL? Why are you a good fit for JLL? She asked how I liked to organize myself.

I thought the call went well but I was not their ideal candidate because I didn't receive a call back.

They took about a week to respond with the normal form rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to stay organized?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Seven rounds of interviews in total, which is quite a long and time-consuming process. First interviewed with HR, then Head of Research, followed by interviews with the different brokers. Mostly behavioral questions, but should have decent knowledge on the local property markets.