JLL Staff Accountant for the PDS Department Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JLL Staff Accountant for the PDS Department Interview Questions

Staff Accountant for the PDS Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

My interview was for a staff accountant position at the Los Angeles office for their PDS department.
The interview process (at least for me) consisted of 1 initial phone screening interview after which I got invited to visit their offices in down town Los Angeles. I met with the regional director of finance and the person who would have been my immediate supervisor for a 2:1 interview. This interview was very friendly and I was asked a few questions about my experience and skills as well as a few behavioral questions. These two guys seemed quite intersted in me and seemed impressed by my qualifications. At the end of the interview I felt really good about my performance and the next day I was invited to the second round of interviews. This interview took place at their other location in LA and consisted of speaking with a vice president, an executive vice president, and an HR person (a 3:1 interview). The interview was also very friendly; however it felt repetitive as they asked many of the same questions. Also remember to take extra copies of your resume as the people I met with the second time did not have copies of them, they barely knew what my name was to be frank. This 3 people did not seem too impressed by my qualifications and mentioned that my college is known as party school (which it is) but I was still puzzeld about it since I never thougth it would be relevant. Even if it had been my university still managed to out rank their alma matters so I still don't understand why the party school reputation was brought up.

On another note the culture doesn’t seem bad, it doesn’t seem great either. Both of the LA offices were very quiet when I got there (you could practically hear a nail drop on the carpet 5 rooms away) not sure if that is a good sign or not, just thought I would mention it. I thought I did quite well in all of my interviews; however I did not get an offer (so either I didnt do as well as I thougth or other applicants did amazing). It’s a shame really, since I drove quite a bit to get there from northern california. That life I suppose.
My advice would be to prepare for the most common interview questions.
If you have the skill set for the job and are genuinely interested in the real estate industry, the best of luck to you!

Interview Questions