JOANN Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JOANN Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at JOANN Stores

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JOANN Stores.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I was called to schedule an interview. A few days later I went into the store for a short interview and was offered the job at the interview. After completing the background check I was officially offered the job and filled out the new employee paperwork.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, they ask typical retail questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, pay is $8/hr.

Other Interview Reviews for JOANN Stores

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call in less than a week. Manager was super nice over the phone, asked for an interview the following day. I went in and the whole thing took about 10 minutes. I brought a copy of my resume, which he was glad I did. He asked me pretty basic/easy questions, and told me he'd like to hire me. He explained duties of the job, the dress code, and even offered to contact Jo-Ann stores in the area of my college when I go out of state, so I could have a job even when I leave the Jo-Ann in my area. :) He said I would receive an e-mail with a job offer, although all I have received (almost a week later) is an e-mail about work opportunity tax credit. I walked out of there super happy, and employed! :)

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Tucson, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was simple 1:1 and the manager seemed pleasant at the time. The so-called "on-boarding" process, (new-hire tax papers, background check etc.) was done on-line, and took about a week. The only 'training' was about 3 hours of chat and handing us papers about the company's history.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Receive a call from store manager two weeks after submit my application. I make an appointment for the interview for the couples days. the day of the interview I came in and the store manager was waiting for me the interview took about 20 minutes. The manager was so nice and polite he explain everything about the company.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores in October 2015.

Interview

I got to the store at the appointment time and was shown to the back office. The hiring manager asked me if my availability had changed and asked why I want to work at Joanns. A few other basic questions then she told me how I would be able to accept the job via email. Very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you shop at Joanns frequently? Why do you want to work at Joanns?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very nice woman who interviewed me! The ladies that worked there were also very nice. I asked one of them at the fabric cutting station and she was delighted to hear that they would be getting help, she redirected me to the manager who led me into the break room to hold the interview. Basic interview questions, but nothing too pressy or difficult answer- no bull.

Interview Questions

• What do you do outside of work and school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Dublin, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

She basically just threw the job at me and didn't really ask any questions. She was rushed and just gave me the basics about the company. She wanted to know how soon I could start.

Interview Questions

• She asked if I was ok with making $9 and hour.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Berwyn, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an in-person interview within 5 days of submitting my online application. The interview was casual, more perfunctory than anything, and lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Jo-Ann Fabrics, or a craft store in general?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Florence, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was more of a get to know you conversation that did not assess your customer service skills and abilities. I believe I only got the position out of need for employees and the experience I already had in customer service.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work under pressure and at a fast pace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Dayton, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Got an application in store (it's all online now), turned it in, got a phone call with a few questions and scheduled an interview. A few days later I got a call letting me know I got it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a manager told you to do something one way, but you thought it would be better to do it a different way.   Answer Question