JOANN Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

1.7

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JOANN Stores.

Interview

I filled out an online application, i recieved a phone call from Kaye. I contacted her back but she was out of the office. I called again and left my name and number with a really nice employee. I recieved an email offer of employment for part time which is perfect for me.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for JOANN Stores

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Redding, CA).

Interview

They put us in a room with 3 managers and 4 people who were applying for jobs and asked us each the questions in frOntario of each other. It sucked because it felt like we were competing.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores in April 2017.

Interview

Interview itself took about 15 minutes at most where he just asked a few questions one on one. Availability is key when applying to Joann. I didn't get the job because I wanted to work only over the summer and he wanted me to work long term and to move up with my "career" at Joann. Very odd to me when he explained that training takes a year to complete when I've read a lot of experiences on this website where employees get little to no training and are usually very overworked.

Interview Questions

• When are you available?   1 Answer
    • If you could have one superpower, what would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Brandon, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

2 part interview, once with a manager at another store, and a second interview a few weeks later at location where applied to. Slow to onboard and officially start on schedule.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and straight forward. They responded within 2 weeks and I got an offer after the interview process. Overall one of the easier interviews I've had to go through.

Interview Questions

• What kind of knowledge do you have that could help with this job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores in March 2017.

Interview

Basic interview, not a long process at all. Thought I did incredibly well, but there were so many applicants and only one position available, so I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Dublin, CA).

Interview

Dont wear jeans. No need to overdress either. Be prepared to be asked what creative skills you have, and learn the layout of the store beforehand. Be prepared to have to roleplay selling handsoap at the checkout.

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Edina, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager was very nice and we laughed together, and I wasn't nervous. She was confident and asked me a few questions, looked over my resume and then told me she'll call me in a few days, then called me the next day and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a customer had a difficult question, and how you went about it to answer i?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grants Pass, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Grants Pass, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Cattle call, nothing one on one. 8 other applicants show up at a table and wait, very unprofessional. Then after management late for interview time everyone sits there wondering WTF is going on? Elementary questions, first statement Is "This job pays minimum wage so leave now if you don't like it " what kind of a mature professional talks to a room of people like that? A lot of young kids work there as 28 hours a week per employee is allowed except management that gets full time and a lot of money, so when they cut your hours they receive your pay instead.

Interview Questions

• How many inches are in a yard, (really).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Very to the point and simple, in and out very quickly. Told an associate I was there to interview and was met by the manager and taken back a few moments after.