JP Morgan India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JP Morgan India Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JP Morgan India in October 2011.

Interview

Asked technical questions on java and algorithms but really easy ones. It was mostly a behavioral interview but i guess that's how it is when these companies come to hire on campus. The work was not as non technical as I had expected because of the interview process, that was nice.

Customer Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JP Morgan India in March 2017.

Interview

First round was of hr where he would ask a stupid question take through your profile. And j p Morgan has a life saving policy of Not hiring people with more than six months gap in work. Second is voice and accent round nothing negative here but will be the same question tell me about yourself and your profile. Third round is more of a conversation but to much depth questions would be asked also would not be given a feedback at all.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was conducted on weekends. Peeety much surprising that they were conducting walk ins.Scheduled Interview timing was 10.00 AM. Interview started at 11.30 AM. Total 4 rounds were conducted out of which 3 were technical rounds & last one was managerial round. Technical rounds were okayed. I think I've cleared 3 rounds that's the reason they have invited me for managerial round. In managerial round question were based on my project. They were more interested in my project & was not able to give answers of some of the questions. They directly told me that they will get back to me in next week. I understood that they had rejected me. It was surprising to me that based on managerial round they had rejected me..... Felt disgusting but later thought that it was not last interview of my life..

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Interview focussed on valuation methodologies, a few questions on the 3 financial statements, and a spontaneous case discussion on one of the sectors/industries of your choice. The interviewer also focussed more on fit, since in equity research you work with one team covering one sector. So, fit with team members is another important aspect judged in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions around valuation methodologies   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate a bit, but the salary offered was a generous hike to my prior salary, so did not require negotiation.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JP Morgan India in September 2016.

Interview

J P Morgan came to our college to hire interns for their various offices across India. The exam pattern consisted of one written aptitude test followed by two interviews. First interview round was technical one and the next one was HR one.

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Should have good technical competency on the job described - 1st Round
    Should be good to impress Managerial discussion - 2nd round
    Should have good leadership qualities - 2nd round
    Should be flexible to HR discussions - Final round

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose JP Morgan   1 Answer

Negotiation

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I have attended JP Morgan interview two weeks back; first two were technical rounds and followed by Manager and HR round. The interview process was slow, but overall it was good. After completing all the rounds there were no updates from HR. Its happen same thing last year as well with me. Before processing the profile itself it is good to filter instead of completing all the rounds and not selecting the candidates based on the expected salary, experience. Etc. If JP Morgan not ready to pay the expected salary and not ready to wait for notice period then it is good to filter in the initial step instead of filtering after HR round. I assume JPMC need less experience people having less package those can get good hike.

Interview Questions

• Core Java, Spring , Hibernate, Collection, Database , REST Websergice   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JP Morgan India in May 2016.

Interview

I had applied through a hiring agency, it took quite some time. They rescheduled my interview 3-4 times. Interview was through phone screening, after rescheduling for so many times, they called without prior information and took interview

Interview Questions

• Concentrated more on multithreading, exception handling and design pattern   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had got an invite for Women's walk-in drive at 9 a:m on a Saturday. The actual interviews started around 1.
    They had organized breakfast & lunch packets, hence the wait was not so torturous. Till 4, some people including me had not been called for the first round, hence we complained to the HR. At this point HR informed the panel had already left for the day!!!
    I requested the HR to try conducting a telephonic round & luckily a panelist in Mumbai was available, hence a video-conference was arranged. After a day or two I got a mail invite for a face-to-face round. A Director took the interview. He didn't ask role relevant questions. I never got a feedback from HR about the interview result.

Interview Questions

• He asked the following questions:
      1- Explain your roles & responsibilities.
      2- Where do you stay
      3- What are you hobbies
      4- What are your strengths and weaknesses
      5- What turns you off
      Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Not worth the time, the first interview was scheduled which was a telephonic round where i recieved thd call dot on time. Once cleared thd next technical was scheduled few days later, got a confirmation mail from hr for same but no one called on the day of interview, after waiting for a day dropped a note to hr and called as well but no response for two three days. After that the hr calls and apologizes as the panel was stuck with some project work. Would have apreciated if this was notified earlier. Post that the f2f interview was scheduled once that was done the panel mentioned that they will notify the hr about my candidature and response seemed to be positive. Its been more than two weeks now even after following up on emails abt the updates and calling the hr there is no response for the same. Would appreciate to atleast update on the candidature whether its a reject or accept. The experience is pathetic with zero professional behaviour