JP Morgan India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JP Morgan India Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JP Morgan India in October 2011.

Interview

Asked technical questions on java and algorithms but really easy ones. It was mostly a behavioral interview but i guess that's how it is when these companies come to hire on campus. The work was not as non technical as I had expected because of the interview process, that was nice.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

I m considering the interviews at least 10 people attended on that day(while waiting for the next round of interview after clearing the first round,
    got enough time to discuss the interview process and questions asked to each one)

Given interview two times in a month. Shortlisted the profile from a JOB Portal. Only limited people were called for an interview.
    This is for a QA position. The persons who are taking an interview are not really trained or very limited knowledge about the technology they are recruiting for.
    The interviewers are not confident. They are not logical enough to engage the conversation in a right way. They have very few questions in mind, everyone will be asked the same questions.
    No matter what you have mentioned in the resume and how you answer. They always insist until they get what they think is right.

They do not want to have any Manual Testers on the floor and one designation like an SDET. Their goal is recruiting some one who is strong at technology for QA positions.
    The interviewers are not SDETS but the bad thing is most of the interviewers are Manual Testers who have been with the company quiet for some time.

The questions are very basic and very particular about the syntaxes and method names. we are expected to remember every method name of JAVA.
    They simply do not like algorithmic approach and expect us to write code what they have in their mind.

No Question is logical and very straight forward. Don't really get a clue in case if the question can not be answered.

Tips to clear an interview
    Do not read JOB Description before you attend an interview
    Do not show too much programming skills(They do not understand as they never used to it)
    Stick to the basics and focus on the implementation using the existing JAVA/Tool methods
    Drive the interview with out getting into too much details of the technology
    Restrict yourself to one technology/Subject interviewer is familiar with

Interview Questions

• OOPS concepts
      Some programs on Strings-Specific about the method name, You can not write the logic, least interested in the logic. They need the exact syntax and method name.
      Some basic questions which one normally do not focus on (System.Out.Println) what is Out and why it is?
      Discussion about static, final, finally with out many logical questions on them
      Other questions about the past companies, If you have left early any of the previous companies
      They remind you your experience in every minute of the interview for the wrong reasons   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

HI ,
    I have been interviewed by JP Morgan 2 weeks back.
    First round was telephonic and cleared it.Second round was conducted F2F after one week.Cleared and HR scheduled the VP telephonic round of interview after one day.Surprisingly didn't received the call.So called HR, she apologize and said i will be informed if any further round needs to be done.I thought i got rejected before giving VP round of interview.Again surprised as got a call from another HR to give the HireVue coding test first.Then managerial round and then VP round and lastly HR round.By this time already felt screwed up so lost interest in giving further interviews and informed the same to HR .So finally she got irritated and sent an email that i will not be considered again.
    I thanked her for not considering me again as i will save my days in future from this company.(It was my dream company but shattered badly by the hiring process).

My advice to candidates to ask clearly from the HR in email the interview process and then proceed further.After all Its your time and effort you are investing, so invest wisely.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The interviewer just kept cutting me in the middle and asking the next question in case I knew the answer to a question otherwise he would just keep checking his mobile phone.

Java Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

2 Solid technical rounds and 2 managerial rounds and One HireVue Test.

In the first Technical round:

Angular js
    Angular packaging

How to Sort HashMap based on Values

TreeSet works for Primitives but not for Immutables

Interview Questions

• Data Structures,Immutability,Hashing,Comparator   1 Answer

Customer Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JP Morgan India in March 2017.

Interview

First round was of hr where he would ask a stupid question take through your profile. And j p Morgan has a life saving policy of Not hiring people with more than six months gap in work. Second is voice and accent round nothing negative here but will be the same question tell me about yourself and your profile. Third round is more of a conversation but to much depth questions would be asked also would not be given a feedback at all.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

This was for a python developer position, interview was a cake walk to be honest. No where close to questions asked at e-commerce companies.
    There were 3 technical rounds, out of which one was with the VP and after that HR. Everything was done in a single day.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the average salary of employees based on their teams and then get the Nth largest average from a table using sql   1 Answer

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was conducted on weekends. Peeety much surprising that they were conducting walk ins.Scheduled Interview timing was 10.00 AM. Interview started at 11.30 AM. Total 4 rounds were conducted out of which 3 were technical rounds & last one was managerial round. Technical rounds were okayed. I think I've cleared 3 rounds that's the reason they have invited me for managerial round. In managerial round question were based on my project. They were more interested in my project & was not able to give answers of some of the questions. They directly told me that they will get back to me in next week. I understood that they had rejected me. It was surprising to me that based on managerial round they had rejected me..... Felt disgusting but later thought that it was not last interview of my life..

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JP Morgan India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Interview focussed on valuation methodologies, a few questions on the 3 financial statements, and a spontaneous case discussion on one of the sectors/industries of your choice. The interviewer also focussed more on fit, since in equity research you work with one team covering one sector. So, fit with team members is another important aspect judged in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions around valuation methodologies   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate a bit, but the salary offered was a generous hike to my prior salary, so did not require negotiation.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JP Morgan India in September 2016.

Interview

J P Morgan came to our college to hire interns for their various offices across India. The exam pattern consisted of one written aptitude test followed by two interviews. First interview round was technical one and the next one was HR one.