JP Morgan Securities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Vice President Investments Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JP Morgan Securities (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Meet with district manager, then two more interviews, with the investment area manager, and then the branch district manager (who can ultimately put the kibosh on the whole thing if they don't care for you. Once you past the gauntlet you are forced to cater to the branch managers whims so as to keep your job.

Interview Questions

• What is most important in being an advisor? Helping people, making money, or getting praise.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JP Morgan Securities (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got phone interview on the same week. In person interview the following week. Easy interview. The manager and senior accountant both quitted recently. I wonder what happened. I was told to expect to work long hours.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours?
      Did you supervise anyone?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JP Morgan Securities.

Interview

Long chat for 2 hours. Describe past experience. How do you handle daily issues. Implement some data structures. Work out some brain teasers. Describe some issues you encountered in the past

IB Analyst Interview

Interview

Completed summer internship and got job offer. Easy to get. They just want work horses who don't think too hard or people to suck up and feed into the IB model.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF or a leveraged buyout.M&A basic questions dealing with accretion dilution and earnings projections.   Answer Question

ECM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JP Morgan Securities (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Submitted my application and got an email about a first round interview a few days later. Interviewed with the analyst and associates on the team, nothing very technical, just basic walk me through your resume and tell me about yourself, a question on how to think about the IPO process and what I think ECM does to reach out to investors.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JP Morgan Securities.

Interview

It was a 30 minute interview without much questioning. It was more like a conversation which was pleasant. They explain the role and asked how that sounded to me. Interviewer expressed what they liked about my experience and skills.

Interview Questions

• If your idea is not accepted, are you ever bothered by that?   Answer Question

Private Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JP Morgan Securities (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Recieved call from Managing director met him one on one, seemed like a high pressure position but looked like a great company. I decided to not pursue the opportunity at this time.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a team enviornment   1 Answer

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JP Morgan Securities (Bronx, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

went well. met with direct manager and DM on same day. basically had two interviews. did not know it would be that way but it went well overall. was asked about my sales experience and to "sell" a product to them

Negotiation

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JP Morgan Securities (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Mostly softball questions like, "Explain a time you were faced with a challenge and how you resolved it". Your investment, interpersonal skills will be tested.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation unless you are joining with part of a team including brokers.

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JP Morgan Securities (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I met with someone in HR who went over previous work experience and asked questions that were relevant to the finance industry, then interviewed with the entire team through 1:1 interviews about 30 min each. The interview process took about half a day.

Interview Questions

• Your manager wants you to do a task for him, but you don't know how to do it and he is too busy to teach you how. How do you get the task done?   Answer Question