JR Simplot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JR Simplot

2.7

Patent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID).

Interview

Started with a 15 minute phone interview with HR, then a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. Subsequent invitation for an onsite interview where the primary aspect was a six person panel asking me questions.

During the interview process, I was promised by the hiring manager that my complete compensation would not be less than my previous work. A job offer was extended, it was about 7% less. After sharing details of the compensation and benefits package differences, the company abruptly pulled their offer, quite frankly in a rude manner. An excuse was fabricated about the reasoning.

Interview Questions

• 1) How have I worked with folks in the past.
      2) What advice would I give to the company regarding patented technology which they would like access to.
      3) My previous work accomplishments.   Answer Question

Lab Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Causual phone interview to get to know my personality. Asked the basic interview questions with two people present. Very friendly, said it would take 30 min but completed in about 15

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot in March 2015.

Interview

I went through the online application and then received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was set up for a couple days later and took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term goals? 3-5 years
      Why are you the best person for the job?
      Lowest acceptable wage?
      Describe your ideal workplace?
      Do you like work individually or in a team?
      Describe a difficult situation in the workplace and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Othello, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Othello, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I networked before the interview to find out more about the position and how strong of a candidate I might be for this position. One thing led to another and I was put in touch with the corporate Marketing Director. He was very helpful and encouraging and continued to encourage me for other positions even after I was not chosen for this position. I have been very impressed with many of our company's executives. As it turned out, I did not have the experience the hiring manager was looking for when I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were focused on my marketing experience, of which I have little.   1 Answer

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in August 2012.

Interview

It was excellent. HR called and had brief interview. Then she set up in person interview at the company laboratory. Interview panel was nice. Whole process was completed within a month. They offered excellent moving package. I appreciate it very much.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID).

Interview

Process is fairly straight forward. You apply online, wait for a recruiter to get back to you. If they like you, you'll get aphone interview, if you pass that, you'll interview with a panel of people including a recruiter for the company, and 2 or 3 managers/ supervisors. They get back to you fairly quickly if you got the job (within a week or so).

Interview Questions

• They ask lots of behavioral type of questions. So be ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleroi, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at JR Simplot (North Charleroi, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

you interview with HR rep, Warehouse supervisor and Warehouse Mgr. They ask you what are your strengths, what did you do for a past employers to go over and above, and why should we hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. The second was a relaxed 3-person/panel interview including the recruiter and two developers. Overall the interview process was pleasant enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where lack of communication resulted in confusion and project difficulties.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in October 2018.

Interview

After applying online, a Simplot representative attended a career fair in my area so I went to this career fair and made contact. I was later contacted for an screening interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with personal or direct selling   1 Answer

Energy Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Both HR and technical interview together. 4-5 people took the interview, some technical persons and 1 HR. Interview duration was 30-40 min. No unexpected questions. All of them were quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe any situation where you made a difference
      2) Describe any situation where you resolved a conflict   Answer Question