JR Simplot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2017

2.7

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleroi, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at JR Simplot (North Charleroi, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

you interview with HR rep, Warehouse supervisor and Warehouse Mgr. They ask you what are your strengths, what did you do for a past employers to go over and above, and why should we hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Sensory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email by the hiring manager and another interviewer. Then a phone interview was scheduled; it was a typical phone interview with the usual questions: describe your work history, how'd you hear about the position etc... Then I was contacted again by the staff for an in person interview, and that used the STAR interview style, and the emphasis was more on team fit than anything else, but there was a portion of the interview where I was asked to do some simple math problems.

Interview Questions

• How would you clean a large house after a party, if you only had two hours   Answer Question

Digital Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a couple phone interviews that were just behavioral questions. Then moved onto a 30 in person interview to meet some of the team and go over resume details and more behavioral/slightly technical questions. It was very straightforward and they responded to any questions quickly most of the time

There might be a tech interview normally, but as the team had recently been formed at the time, it was just kind of combined with the in person.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Group interview with eight people representing human resources and various levels of operations management, including the person to whom I would be directly reporting to. Virtually all questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a specific occasion in which you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.   Answer Question

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. The second was a relaxed 3-person/panel interview including the recruiter and two developers. Overall the interview process was pleasant enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where lack of communication resulted in confusion and project difficulties.   Answer Question

Lab Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Causual phone interview to get to know my personality. Asked the basic interview questions with two people present. Very friendly, said it would take 30 min but completed in about 15

Patent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID).

Interview

Started with a 15 minute phone interview with HR, then a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. Subsequent invitation for an onsite interview where the primary aspect was a six person panel asking me questions.

During the interview process, I was promised by the hiring manager that my complete compensation would not be less than my previous work. A job offer was extended, it was about 7% less. After sharing details of the compensation and benefits package differences, the company abruptly pulled their offer, quite frankly in a rude manner. An excuse was fabricated about the reasoning.

Interview Questions

• 1) How have I worked with folks in the past.
      2) What advice would I give to the company regarding patented technology which they would like access to.
      3) My previous work accomplishments.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes and was just a lot of general questions asked by an HR employee. She has little knowledge of the actual job and did not even work at the same location. Then, a few weeks later, they called me for an "in person" interview. It was a group of 4 people at a different location as well. They asked the basic interview questions, "where do you see yourself in 5-10 years" "why do you want to work here" etc. She promised to let me know by the end of the week. As I left, I saw the next interviewee waiting his turn. She did, in fact, call. To my surprise, as most places say they will and never do. But she called and said they chose someone from within the company. Later that day, I saw that the re-posted the position. So, I guess they just didn't like anyone they originally interviewed but didn't want to say that. Weird. Anyway, I probably wasted enough time and energy interviewing at Simplot (3 interviews total in the last month), so I will focus on other companies.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JR Simplot in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through their website. Had a phone interview a week later (early march). After passing the phone interview I then was asked to come on site (early April). Arrived 15 minutes before the interview and no one was there to tell me where to go it was an empty room except for some chairs. The HR manager showed up through the front door 5 minutes before my interview and had to get the panel together so the interview started 10 minutes late. Finally after the interview I was given a deadline when they would reach out. They date was suppose to by mid April but they extended it to early May. They then extended it one more time and did not let know until I had reached out to them. Overall very disappointing.

Territory Sales Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Talked with 2 individuals on the phone. Interview process is pleasant, casual talk. I matched their job description, they like my resume/experience and attitude, but did not move me forward. It makes me question if they meant what they said.