JR Simplot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sensory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email by the hiring manager and another interviewer. Then a phone interview was scheduled; it was a typical phone interview with the usual questions: describe your work history, how'd you hear about the position etc... Then I was contacted again by the staff for an in person interview, and that used the STAR interview style, and the emphasis was more on team fit than anything else, but there was a portion of the interview where I was asked to do some simple math problems.

Interview Questions

• How would you clean a large house after a party, if you only had two hours   Answer Question

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. The second was a relaxed 3-person/panel interview including the recruiter and two developers. Overall the interview process was pleasant enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where lack of communication resulted in confusion and project difficulties.   Answer Question

Lab Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Causual phone interview to get to know my personality. Asked the basic interview questions with two people present. Very friendly, said it would take 30 min but completed in about 15

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes and was just a lot of general questions asked by an HR employee. She has little knowledge of the actual job and did not even work at the same location. Then, a few weeks later, they called me for an "in person" interview. It was a group of 4 people at a different location as well. They asked the basic interview questions, "where do you see yourself in 5-10 years" "why do you want to work here" etc. She promised to let me know by the end of the week. As I left, I saw the next interviewee waiting his turn. She did, in fact, call. To my surprise, as most places say they will and never do. But she called and said they chose someone from within the company. Later that day, I saw that the re-posted the position. So, I guess they just didn't like anyone they originally interviewed but didn't want to say that. Weird. Anyway, I probably wasted enough time and energy interviewing at Simplot (3 interviews total in the last month), so I will focus on other companies.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JR Simplot in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through their website. Had a phone interview a week later (early march). After passing the phone interview I then was asked to come on site (early April). Arrived 15 minutes before the interview and no one was there to tell me where to go it was an empty room except for some chairs. The HR manager showed up through the front door 5 minutes before my interview and had to get the panel together so the interview started 10 minutes late. Finally after the interview I was given a deadline when they would reach out. They date was suppose to by mid April but they extended it to early May. They then extended it one more time and did not let know until I had reached out to them. Overall very disappointing.

Territory Sales Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Talked with 2 individuals on the phone. Interview process is pleasant, casual talk. I matched their job description, they like my resume/experience and attitude, but did not move me forward. It makes me question if they meant what they said.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Panel interview with with cross department group.

They didn't appear very interested from the start. I got the impression that an offer had already been extended to someone else and they were just going through the motions.

Not much more to add here other than perhaps have some less senior people participate in the interview; only interviewing senior staff doesn't give the applicant much idea how your overall culture is.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot in March 2015.

Interview

I went through the online application and then received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was set up for a couple days later and took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term goals? 3-5 years
      Why are you the best person for the job?
      Lowest acceptable wage?
      Describe your ideal workplace?
      Do you like work individually or in a team?
      Describe a difficult situation in the workplace and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Supervisor In A Chemical Plant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Initial call from HR followed by a face to face. All that was asked were situational questions in your past. Over the course of a 20 year career it's hard to answer so many of that type of question in a real substantive way. I came prepared for those questions but not for the entire interview. It was a panel interview of 4 people and all they gave were first names not titles. It lasted about 40 mins

Interview Questions

• How did you improve a process. Walk us through the whole process   Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in January 2014.

Interview

Just a phone interview with HR. Lasted about 30 minutes. Typical questions, tell us about yourself, why are you interested in the job, etc. Give example of a time when...etc