JR Simplot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JR Simplot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.7

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Group interview with eight people representing human resources and various levels of operations management, including the person to whom I would be directly reporting to. Virtually all questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a specific occasion in which you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.   Answer Question

Food Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in June 2013.

Interview

Panel interview style, 4-5 people. Questions are engineered around situations. Ex: "Tell me about a time when.....describe the situation, what your actions were and what the outcome was". Each panelist takes turns asking a question and then they all rate you on a 1-5 scale for each question. When you leave, they add your score which is a large majority of their decision making. All panelists discuss but the hiring manager usually has the final say. Just because you have the highest numerical score doesn't necessarily guarantee you the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a major decision and the information provided to you was inadequate.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Othello, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Othello, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I networked before the interview to find out more about the position and how strong of a candidate I might be for this position. One thing led to another and I was put in touch with the corporate Marketing Director. He was very helpful and encouraging and continued to encourage me for other positions even after I was not chosen for this position. I have been very impressed with many of our company's executives. As it turned out, I did not have the experience the hiring manager was looking for when I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were focused on my marketing experience, of which I have little.   1 Answer

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. The second was a relaxed 3-person/panel interview including the recruiter and two developers. Overall the interview process was pleasant enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where lack of communication resulted in confusion and project difficulties.   Answer Question

Shared Services Interview

Interview

Straight forward and simple, behavioural questions that were based on your experience, 3 stage interview process with HR, hiring manager and then the head of function. Some technical questions to test subject matter expertise. Quite a friendly environment

Lab Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Causual phone interview to get to know my personality. Asked the basic interview questions with two people present. Very friendly, said it would take 30 min but completed in about 15

Patent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID).

Interview

Started with a 15 minute phone interview with HR, then a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. Subsequent invitation for an onsite interview where the primary aspect was a six person panel asking me questions.

During the interview process, I was promised by the hiring manager that my complete compensation would not be less than my previous work. A job offer was extended, it was about 7% less. After sharing details of the compensation and benefits package differences, the company abruptly pulled their offer, quite frankly in a rude manner. An excuse was fabricated about the reasoning.

Interview Questions

• 1) How have I worked with folks in the past.
      2) What advice would I give to the company regarding patented technology which they would like access to.
      3) My previous work accomplishments.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in August 2012.

Interview

It was excellent. HR called and had brief interview. Then she set up in person interview at the company laboratory. Interview panel was nice. Whole process was completed within a month. They offered excellent moving package. I appreciate it very much.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes and was just a lot of general questions asked by an HR employee. She has little knowledge of the actual job and did not even work at the same location. Then, a few weeks later, they called me for an "in person" interview. It was a group of 4 people at a different location as well. They asked the basic interview questions, "where do you see yourself in 5-10 years" "why do you want to work here" etc. She promised to let me know by the end of the week. As I left, I saw the next interviewee waiting his turn. She did, in fact, call. To my surprise, as most places say they will and never do. But she called and said they chose someone from within the company. Later that day, I saw that the re-posted the position. So, I guess they just didn't like anyone they originally interviewed but didn't want to say that. Weird. Anyway, I probably wasted enough time and energy interviewing at Simplot (3 interviews total in the last month), so I will focus on other companies.

Human Resources/Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in April 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at our campus Career Fair. She emailed me a couple weeks later saying there was an open position. I applied online and was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was offered the job a couple days later. The whole process was extremely painless.