JR Simplot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JR Simplot Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2017

2.7

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JR Simplot in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through their website. Had a phone interview a week later (early march). After passing the phone interview I then was asked to come on site (early April). Arrived 15 minutes before the interview and no one was there to tell me where to go it was an empty room except for some chairs. The HR manager showed up through the front door 5 minutes before my interview and had to get the panel together so the interview started 10 minutes late. Finally after the interview I was given a deadline when they would reach out. They date was suppose to by mid April but they extended it to early May. They then extended it one more time and did not let know until I had reached out to them. Overall very disappointing.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot in June 2009.

Interview

Was given the impression from the very start that the interview was a formality and that a candidate was already chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the job?   1 Answer

Light Labor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot in February 2009.

Interview

there was really no process. You took a test,. had a one on one interview. If you were hired they had you take a drug test at the hospital and the informed you what your shift and hours would be. That was all to it.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lathrop, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Lathrop, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Behavior based interview. Hardly knew anythinga bout me at the end of it.

Old culture

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2011.

Interview

Group panel for about 1 hour. Basic behavioral and skills questions. Standard H.R. questions are given because like most posted positions, they already have a candidate in mind. You have to apply to show you are interested in growth, but you won't get the job. Positions are protected for personal interests of upper management so middle management is not very capable or talented.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a situation when..... How would you handle....   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Interview process was quite simple as I already knew many of the people within the group from past employer activities with the company. My extensive experience in product management / development was an obvious fit for the position the company was trying to fill. Pay scale was already established and was reasonable so there was not a lot of negotiation on salary necessary..

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected but again, the position that I was seeking was one that I already had many years of experience and I was already strongly familiar with the product line that the product management position was responsible for managing.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot in March 2015.

Interview

I went through the online application and then received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was set up for a couple days later and took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term goals? 3-5 years
      Why are you the best person for the job?
      Lowest acceptable wage?
      Describe your ideal workplace?
      Do you like work individually or in a team?
      Describe a difficult situation in the workplace and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, ID

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Aberdeen, ID) in January 2011.

Interview

i was interviewed by two people. The setting was pretty laid back, with the normal interview questions being asked. The interview was about an hour long, and was less nerve racking than I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Agronomy Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Idaho Falls, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a very nice interview conducted with the Simplot Grower Solutions manager. The setting was business casual and the mood was relaxing. I felt like I as among friends. The interviewer asked simple questions that were relevant to the job and took time to get to know me. The interviewer was also very respectful in how he conducted questions.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience have you had?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Talked with 2 individuals on the phone. Interview process is pleasant, casual talk. I matched their job description, they like my resume/experience and attitude, but did not move me forward. It makes me question if they meant what they said.