JR Simplot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JR Simplot

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a person with the personality of a rock. They wanted a super engineer but were willing to pay for a mid range engineer. They really did not make this clear up front. Don't waste your time with this company. They did not even have the courtesy to email to tell me I did not have the job. This company sucks.

Interview Questions

• All they seemed to want to know was could I manage a project over 50 million dollars when not one of them could possibly do it themselves.   1 Answer

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in January 2014.

Interview

Just a phone interview with HR. Lasted about 30 minutes. Typical questions, tell us about yourself, why are you interested in the job, etc. Give example of a time when...etc

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot in August 2014.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager, another manager and the HR representative. Everyone was friendly and cordial as you would expect. The interview lasted for about 2 hours and was more of a conversation versus and question and answer session. The meeting was run by the hiring manager the HR rep was not very involved.

Interview Questions

• The typical "name an obstacle you had to overcome and how"?   1 Answer

Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Lodi, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

JR simplot uses behavioral interviewing techniques, questions are centered around how you would and how you have handled past and future circumstances. They ask what was the worst job you ever had and what your favorite job ever was. If you succeed in the first interview they will call you back for a second and possibly offer a position.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst employer you ever had?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you ran into conflict with another employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer a base salary per hour. If you would like more money they may decided to hire someone else.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes and was just a lot of general questions asked by an HR employee. She has little knowledge of the actual job and did not even work at the same location. Then, a few weeks later, they called me for an "in person" interview. It was a group of 4 people at a different location as well. They asked the basic interview questions, "where do you see yourself in 5-10 years" "why do you want to work here" etc. She promised to let me know by the end of the week. As I left, I saw the next interviewee waiting his turn. She did, in fact, call. To my surprise, as most places say they will and never do. But she called and said they chose someone from within the company. Later that day, I saw that the re-posted the position. So, I guess they just didn't like anyone they originally interviewed but didn't want to say that. Weird. Anyway, I probably wasted enough time and energy interviewing at Simplot (3 interviews total in the last month), so I will focus on other companies.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Panel interview with with cross department group.

They didn't appear very interested from the start. I got the impression that an offer had already been extended to someone else and they were just going through the motions.

Not much more to add here other than perhaps have some less senior people participate in the interview; only interviewing senior staff doesn't give the applicant much idea how your overall culture is.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, ID

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Aberdeen, ID) in January 2011.

Interview

i was interviewed by two people. The setting was pretty laid back, with the normal interview questions being asked. The interview was about an hour long, and was less nerve racking than I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caldwell, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Caldwell, ID) in July 2013.

Interview

i had to apply on line and wait to hear from the company for a couple of weeks. then i went in for a math test and written test that were on line. after that, i had to do this troubleshooting test on a crank machine. it took a long time, maybe an hour. then i had an interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• talk about a time when you didn't get along with others   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Group interview with eight people representing human resources and various levels of operations management, including the person to whom I would be directly reporting to. Virtually all questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a specific occasion in which you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in April 2019.

Interview

They called me and spoke with me on the phone for about 30 minutes to get to know me better and my personality. Asked about my background and why I was applying for the job. They then flew me out to Boise a few weeks later to meet with everyone and the team. Interview went pretty well. HR rep emailed me saying she would have an update for me the following week. I never heard back from them. I emailed and called but they never took the time of day to get back to me. They ghosted me! Pretty disappointing in the overall process. Their Boise headwaters was completely beautiful. Maybe it was a good thing I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Questions

• With your previous experience, describe to me a time where you had to deal with an external conflict at work?   Answer Question