JR Simplot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JR Simplot

2.7

Digital Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a couple phone interviews that were just behavioral questions. Then moved onto a 30 in person interview to meet some of the team and go over resume details and more behavioral/slightly technical questions. It was very straightforward and they responded to any questions quickly most of the time

There might be a tech interview normally, but as the team had recently been formed at the time, it was just kind of combined with the in person.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, ID

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Aberdeen, ID) in January 2011.

Interview

i was interviewed by two people. The setting was pretty laid back, with the normal interview questions being asked. The interview was about an hour long, and was less nerve racking than I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Talked with 2 individuals on the phone. Interview process is pleasant, casual talk. I matched their job description, they like my resume/experience and attitude, but did not move me forward. It makes me question if they meant what they said.

Agronomy Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JR Simplot (Idaho Falls, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a very nice interview conducted with the Simplot Grower Solutions manager. The setting was business casual and the mood was relaxing. I felt like I as among friends. The interviewer asked simple questions that were relevant to the job and took time to get to know me. The interviewer was also very respectful in how he conducted questions.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience have you had?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Shared Services Interview

Interview

Straight forward and simple, behavioural questions that were based on your experience, 3 stage interview process with HR, hiring manager and then the head of function. Some technical questions to test subject matter expertise. Quite a friendly environment

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2011.

Interview

Group panel for about 1 hour. Basic behavioral and skills questions. Standard H.R. questions are given because like most posted positions, they already have a candidate in mind. You have to apply to show you are interested in growth, but you won't get the job. Positions are protected for personal interests of upper management so middle management is not very capable or talented.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a situation when..... How would you handle....   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot in June 2009.

Interview

Was given the impression from the very start that the interview was a formality and that a candidate was already chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the job?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Interview process was quite simple as I already knew many of the people within the group from past employer activities with the company. My extensive experience in product management / development was an obvious fit for the position the company was trying to fill. Pay scale was already established and was reasonable so there was not a lot of negotiation on salary necessary..

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected but again, the position that I was seeking was one that I already had many years of experience and I was already strongly familiar with the product line that the product management position was responsible for managing.   Answer Question

Energy Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JR Simplot in May 2009.

Interview

I found the job posting through my career services at the school. I then was scheduled for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was selected to come tour the plant and offered a position as an intern.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had an employee with different cultural backgrounds and how you reacted to the situation?   Answer Question

Master File Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JR Simplot in August 2012.

Interview

I received a voicemail on a Friday from JRS stating my resume had been received and that the HR person would like just a couple minutes of my time to clarify a few things. When I called back, the "clarification" was a round of 10 questions. Some of which were:

1. What's your best strength?
    2. What's your weakness?
    3. What's your goal(s) for the future?
    4. What type of management style do you prefer?
    5. What would your current employer say about you as your top assets?
    6. Why are you leaving?
    7. What's your wage requirements?

The pay range for this job was $12-$15 although I got the impression it would be difficult to get $14 or $15. However, parking is free downtown and the HR person mentioned a benefits package.

I was told if I was selected for a further interview, they would call, and she emphasized this...it was a little off putting, but other than that the interview was handled professionally and the person was courteous. However, I'm not expecting a call back because my wage requirements were a bit higher, so I will likely be unable to review the process further.