JSW Steel Junior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)).

Interview

Very Easy. Some basic questions on chemicals. The interviewer had more or less made up his mind from the resume. Was just trying to verify if the candidate sounded as per the resume.

Interview Questions

• 1) Chemical Composition of a chemical you use in your daily life.
    2) Steel making process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for JSW Steel

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. It was a skype interview with one HR and a marketing person. Interview was easy as such with HR questions dominating over marketing questions. Nothing technical was asked as such.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why JSW?
      Do you like travelling?
      etc.   Answer Question

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangaon (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Mangaon (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

The process started with Pre Placement Talk after which I took a technical aptitude test, which consisted majorly of materials & metrology, steels & alloys, fluid mechanics, Strength of materials and likes. Following this, I underwent a group discussion having 10 members. Then I had a technical interview with 2 senior managers and HR interview with Asst. Manager-HR.

Interview Questions

• Technical:
      Basics of my final year project and seminar
      Favourite subject and some questions related to that (I chose refrigeration and material science)
      Steel making process
      Questions about my summer internship

HR questions:
      Possibly all the questions one could ask. My interview lasted for about 40 minutes.   1 Answer

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was chill and easy. The interviewer was a technical person. He was asking some basic questions about my major. This is for an entry-level Graduate Engineer Trainee. My experienced friends said their interviews were challenging and tough. I was asked about what factors to consider in so-and-so situations, and how I would respond to emergencies and crisis.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR questions and broad tech questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The package was fixed for entry-level engineers.

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panipat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Panipat (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

Written -> GD -> PI

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toranagallu (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Toranagallu (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

As the interview is a part of campus placements and campus is in self house control. It is a direct interview for the aspirants through JSWECE.

Interview Questions

• Why do you left your previous organisation ?   1 Answer
    • Will you left JSW if you feel same here also.   1 Answer

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Chennai (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

Written test then shortlisting then Group Discussion and then an Interview with Technical as well as with HR.

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellary, Karnataka (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JSW Steel (Bellary, Karnataka (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Was a very chilled interview.

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellary, Karnataka (India)

Application

Interview

Hired through campus recruitment- there were more than 500 students on that single day; there was a mass-presentation about the company for like 1 hour after which was a timed (1hour) written test (objective - general engineering/aptitude/personality); for chemical engineers, there was an additional subjective test; more than 60% were screened off with the written test, results were out in like 3 hours after the test; the HR interviews followed which lasted less that 30 min; This was followed by a technical interview which again lasted around 30min; HR was easy - speak well and clearly; technical interview started with questions about my resume and later general knowledge about steel, iron making etc - again it was not very difficult but speak well.
    The decision about the hire was conveyed around 1.5 months later.

Interview Questions

• HR questions - What are your strengths, weaknesses, why are your grades bad in this particular semester (pointing to my transcript), career plans; tell me about yourself??   Answer Question
    • Technical - I remember vaguely having a conversation about corrosion and its prevention, something about blast furnace working principle, role of coke (coal) in the blast furnace, difference between coke and coal, general questions based on my resume, was asked again about my bad grade in that particular course/subject/semester.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there are no negotiation possibilities on a campus interview - the payscale is pretty much fixed and is mentioned in the company presentation; compensation is pretty good though!