JTEKT North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vonore, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JTEKT North America (Vonore, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university, got a reply from HR shortly after asking to schedule a one to one interview, then interviewed with a manager on site. Got an offer immediately.

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JTEKT North America (Clemson, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

What you have to do is spend a beautiful tale of intriguing wonderment and and get them grasping at your every word and then when you finally get close just say WAMMO thanks for the JOB!

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JTEKT North America (Plymouth, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the Customer Service Manager via phone and had about a 10 minute interview and then I was asked to come in person to meet with her again. Very informal interview, discussed my previous jobs and how they related to the one I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why I left my other position.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JTEKT North America (Plymouth, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Very common interview questions were asked during both the phone screen and the in-person interview. The interviewer was both friendly and easy to talk to. It was a very enjoyable experience overall.

Production Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ennis, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at JTEKT North America (Ennis, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

The HR manager and director of operations (plant manager) were great to speak with. A tour of the plant was also well worth the time. The biggest downfall here is the VP from Japan. His english was extremely broken making an already stressful interview almost unbearable. I pointed to what I could on my resume to help him understand. He nodded as if he did understand. I guess that was not true. I later found out from the recruiter that the VP said I didn't answer his questions, and this would not be a good working relationship... Go figure!

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JTEKT North America (Plymouth, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy although the actual job did not reflect the questions in the interview for the expectations were a lot different from what I was originally told.

Interview Questions

• The asked me to describe previous work experience per my resume and explain the connection with the job description interviewed for.   1 Answer

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JTEKT North America (Columbia, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

Over the phone Interview. Very "basic" basically asked what your strengths/weaknesses are. How do you feel about working in certain environments (i.e. lab)? How fast do you type? Do you like to work under constant supervision?

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JTEKT North America (Plymouth, MI).

Interview

I applied for an internship through my college roundtable and received a call for an interview a few months later. Had 1 phone interview and 1 on-site/lunch interview. In both the interviews I spoke with my supervisor and someone from HR. They were very nice and took me downtown for lunch. We talked about the internship position in details; the type of work, training, my background on the field, how I may be able to contribute. I was given a tour of the facility with the company history and we talked about upcoming projects that I might be working on.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were straightforward and none of them were unexpected. I was asked about my motivation and we mostly talked about details from my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JTEKT North America in July 2018.

Interview

I received a call from the HR guy, and did a brief phone interview. A little over a week later, he called me back for an in person interview. It was a panel interview with two others. They basically were talking about how this is still a new department, they were still getting everything in place, they supervisor was still pretty new himself, there weren’t really any training procedures, etc. they basically admitted that things were pretty unorganized at the moment. Not really want you want to hear when looking for a new job. They also failed to mention, until pretty deep into the interview, that it was a call center position. One of the questions I like to ask is if there is a guideline to where a new hire should be after 30,60, and 90 days- and how is success measured. They couldn’t really answer that. It seems like this could eventually be a great position, but everything is still in chaos, and it was obvious that it wouldn’t be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Norman behavioral questions. They also asked where I eventually wanted to be in my career.   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JTEKT North America (Westlake, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with an onsite manager and the hiring manager who worked offsite. The interview process had standard questions, including why would you like to work here and what would make you the best candidate. Most questions had already been asked during previous phone interviews.

In the end, I never received a response back about the position after interviewing. I interviewed at the beginning of July and towards the end of August I still heard nothing. I reached out to HR and the hiring manager and they told me they were making a decision at the end of July. 3 weeks later, nothing. I ended up seeing the job being reposted. Very disappointed, as it is very unprofessional to not even notify candidates who have come in for interviews whether or not they received a position. Just does not set a good example for future employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for JTEKT?

What makes you stand out from other candidates?

What accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question