JUUL Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JUUL Labs

2.6

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JUUL Labs (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Very thoughtful process to really understand me as a candidate: my goals, values and career objectives. Extremely responsive and transparent throughout the entire process. Interview process execution speak highly to the professionalism and culture I would like to radiate across our team.

Interview Questions

• Collaborative two-way interview process: thoughtful discussion about my background, relevant experience and development goals as well as candid discussion about JUUL's mission/values and the role of the strategy team as part of the journey.   Answer Question
    • Case presentation to understand how I structure problems, apply analysis and draw insights from data and extrapolate relevance to the business.   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at JUUL Labs (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

There were at least four phone interviews with various people in DC, New York, and San Francisco before my in-person interview in San Francisco with 3 separate individuals. They were all pleasant and conversational in nature, but the scope of the role was unclear and it had not yet been determined who exactly the position would report to, so I got the impression they needed the buy-in of various people before moving forward, and I wasn't 100% clear on what specific skill sets they were evaluating me on.

Interview Questions

• What is an issue on which you have had to pivot as a policy manager?   1 Answer
    • What is your management style?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JUUL Labs (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Juul is located in the Dogpatch area in San Francisco. I met with the hiring manager for an initial interview and it went fairly well. We talked longer than was originally scheduled. At the end I was asked to assemble some questions I might want addressed in a second round.

Interview Questions

• What type of person are you, someone that has wide knowledge over many domains, or someone that has deep knowledge in one particular area?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JUUL Labs (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

A phone screen, coffee with one of their developers where we discussed various technical topics at a high level, then a 4-hour on-site visit, which covered a variety of topics with an emphasis on testing reasoning abilities and skill rather than superficial "gotcha" type trivia questions that are so common in tech interviews these days. I met a lot of fun, friendly, driven, intelligent people who care about making the world a better place. They did their best to make me feel welcome. Very pragmatic, effective, and even enjoyable process. Big thumbs up.

Interview Questions

• For one portion of the on-site: Work through the architecture of their sign up and age verification workflow on a whiteboard. It was not a "whiteboard hazing" type of interview; the interviewer and I worked through it collaboratively. It was very practical, fun, and effective.   Answer Question

Social Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JUUL Labs.

Interview

The entire interview process was friendly and upbeat. The internal recruiter and the direct manager for this role were very excited and passionate about finding the right candidate to join the team.

Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JUUL Labs (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Straightforward process. Had an initial phone screening followed by interview with hiring manager. Behavioral and case questions as well as an executive presentation.
    Overall the process was very smooth. HR team also was incredibly responsive throughout the process.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JUUL Labs in October 2018.

Interview

First round is phone screen with the recruiter. Second is 30 min phone interview with a Sr. Chemist. Pretty easy tech question. The Sr. Chemist who interviewed me seemed not knowledgeable enough to understand my answer. He even surprised when I told him an easy solution. The whole interview was more like collecting ideas, instead of knowing people. Although he was very happy with me and assured he'll get back to me in a week to schedule further process, later I found out the recruiter has already declined me the same day when I finished this interview.
    DO NOT waste your time on this company. They are not interested in hiring people! Phone screen is just to make sure you're qualified to solve their problem. After done collecting your ideas, then they'll throw you away. This is my worst interview experience.

Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JUUL Labs (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

I had a 30 minute interview with the HR representative for the position. It was a simple interview with an overview of the company, position, etc. and a review of my job history and skills. Questions were all skills based, no situational questions. The position was a bit of a bait in switch because the posting was listed for a major city but the position was actually in a suburb 50 minutes away. That was a huge bummer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with external audits or auditors.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JUUL Labs in October 2018.

Interview

Smooth and friendly, the process was not complicated. Everyone that interviewed me was friendly and very helpful throughout the process. 5 interviews with 5 different people, 3 phone and 2 in person interviews

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JUUL Labs in August 2018.

Interview

Very hectic and unprofessional. Avoid this company at all costs unless you like to waste your time with a very lengthy interview process that takes up to 4 months! HR or hiring managers would not update you or reply back to you for weeks. I had three phone interviews and was promised for an office interview but it went dead at some point because they actually have no idea about the direction of the company or what they were looking for while they are playing hide and seek with FDA. the role changed million times and they did not even bother to explain the change in the last call. Sometimes it felt like they were just fishing for creative ideas.