JW Player Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JW Player

3.5

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JW Player (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a call with an HR rep. to do a phone screen. The phone screen was straightforward and went well. Upon completing the interview the HR rep. sent me an assignment to create a presentation walking them through a piece of technology. This was also quite an easy assignment, however, a bit time consuming while also working full-time. I sent the assignment in and got an OOO so I forwarded it to the person on their OOO email. After not hearing back until the following week, the person told me that they had just filled the position but would review the test and if I was a good fit for another position they would reach out. Simply put, it felt like time wasted having completed the test when it seemed that they already had someone in a later interview stage.

Interview Questions

• Why does your past experience fit this role?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for JW Player

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JW Player.

Interview

First round phone interview, followed by 2nd round phone interview, followed by a 3 hour in person interview in office consisting of meeting with the heads of different departments, as well as sales reps. From my experience I found this process very comprehensive, however after 2 weeks the company has gone dark and will not respond to emails. I realize NYC is a competitive job market - but don't leave people in limbo! A simple email response letting candidates know they are not going to move forward would go a long way, and speaks volumes to level of ethics practiced in the start up environment. My advice, if you need a job/pay cheque and have excessive time on your hands to go through the lengthy interview process than this is the place for you, roll the dice. You may have better luck than I did. Overall not a good interview experience because of the aforementioned.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked to do role play on the spot.   Answer Question

JW Player Response

Jul 27, 2015 – HR Director

It's our company policy to not give feedback on candidacy decisions, however we do make it a part of our process to let candidates know in a timely manner when they are no longer being considered for... More