JW Player Software Engineer, API Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JW Player

1 Interview Review

Software Engineer, API Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JW Player (New York, NY).

Interview

there were 2 rounds of phone interviews. The first round was pretty basic with just talks about why I interviewed for the job. This was done by the HR. The second round was a code paired interview while on the phone with an engineer on the team.
The third round was on site where I had to meet with 6 people for a total of 2 hours. Everything seemed fine and there were a few things about server architecture which I didn't know. I answered all the API stuff fairly extensively and spoke about my projects.
It was very disappointing when I got a generic email saying that I had not been selected without giving a reason, especially after investing so much time to go and interview during work hours. Some personal touch would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• describe a process to check if a binary tree is complete, perfect or balanced and write a pseudo code   Answer Question

JW Player Response

Jul 27, 2015 – HR Director

It's our company policy to not give feedback on candidacy decisions, however we very much value anyone that we consider for a role at JW Player.

We have a thorough interview process, not only for... More