JW Player Junior Data Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

Junior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JW Player (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

JW Player has a really intense interviewing process and they really do not leave any gaps in the process. I believe I started interviewing with JW Player in the month of February, 2017 through Indeed.

They gave me a hackerrank coding challenge which I completed without any hassle. After that, I had an HR screening round and followed by a technical phone screen with one of the Managers in the firm. I don't remember the exact question and I haven't interviewed in a while but I believe it was a really popular stack question. I later got invited for the onsite interview in the month of March.

Now, this is where the fun starts. I actually went through 7 rounds of interviews. The first round was a data architecture interview which I'm sure I did horribly. But then I caught up in the next few rounds which were Software programming architecture (they were checking for my OOPs programming style), Coding interview (Again 2 popular questions from leetcode), debugging round (Fixing errors in the code using debugging), System architecture (They're checking if you can design an efficient system for an entire product), interview with the Manager, and finally an interview with the Product Owners (they asked me about my previous work experiences, and asked how I went about solving a few technical problems).

So overall I gave 10 interviews for the junior data engineer position, which is funny but also shows that JW Player takes their interview process very seriously. I'm definitely going to try again!

Good luck!