JW Player Partner Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JW Player (New York, NY).

Interview

I have never felt more disrespected by an interview process in my life. There were 4 steps to the interview process, two phone calls and two in-person interviews. For the second phone call, I was to speak to the hiring manager. The first time we had a scheduled interview, I got an email 5 minutes before the call time asking to reschedule, which I didn’t see until I had been waiting for 15 minutes. Things happen, that’s understandable. We reschedule for another day, and this time I’m just ghosted completely — no email or anything to explain the silence. I have to follow up via email to ask if they need to reschedule again, which we eventually do and we finally have the call. For the third in-person interview, I met the whole team and was reassured by the fact that everyone seemed extremely nice and professional. I move on to the fourth round, where I’m tasked to create an entire presentation and present in front of the whole team. This was surprising to me, given that the position was a somewhat lower to lower-mid level position, but I put a lot of work into it. After the presentation, I get encouraging feedback and I get an email requesting references shortly after. They call my references and I get a phone call from the director of recruitment, which I assume to be an offer call. Instead, I am told that the company has decided to cease hiring for this position entirely, though that the team really enjoyed meeting me and that it is no fault of mine. Something isn’t working right at this company if you have a candidate go through all of the measures only to eliminate the position at the last minute. Not only did they waste a ton of my time (I had to give a full blown presentation!), they wasted my references’ time as well. Extremely unprofessional and telling of how things operate there, and I advise people applying to this company to be wary of red flags in the interview process.

Interview Questions