JW Player QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JW Player (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The overall experience was really disappointing. The first round of the Interview was a Phone Interview with a director of the department. it consisted of basic questions. Next round of the interview was an on-site techical interview with 5 different Engineering Team members. It was evident that 4 out of 5 members had no prior experience of conducting an Interview. They had non clue about what questions to ask, nor did they have clear understanding about the Job requirements they were interviewing me for.It clearly seemed they were junior Engineers since they could not even answer any of my questions, and two of them even got really nervous. I eventually had to give them the answer. Nevertheless, one of developer was extremely good and well prepared. He asked the right questions and showed great professionalism. The final round of the interview was another disappointment. The first part of the interview was with the head of product who asked good questions but kept on cursing to try to prove that he was a tough guy and had great product in the pipeline. Unfortunately, when I asked about some of the well known products in the market to understand if they were in the pipeline, he gave a really vague response but started bashing my current employer. Anyways, this part of the interview ended weirdly as he drifted to an off topic. Next part included one inexperienced engineer from the last round and one developer. The developer had good questions to ask but QA engineer asked the same questions he asked the last time and by now I was completely sure that he had absolutely no clue, nor was he looked happy. He was clearly forced to conduct this interview. I really wished that I could spend sometime with him and train him better. Finally, the last part of the interview was with the CEO, and he was no doubt a very professional individual with great understanding of the product, and had great vision for his organization. He asked the right question and gave absolutely perfect answers to my question. I was really impressed by this Interview and that made me even more Interested for JW player. I knew my experience will not only help the team but the entire organization if I had such a great CEO.

I got an email a week later that I was not chosen for this postion. I sent a Thank You note and offered my help in the future.

I would recommend the management to define a better interview process. HR should also look into this process. Interview should be conducted by the appropriate people not by the entire organization.

Interview Questions

JW Player Response

Jul 27, 2015 – HR Director

We do appreciate you taking the time to interview with us and I will definitely take into consideration your comments. We are constantly evolving and improving our interview process as we rapidly... More