Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied and heard back from the hiring manager about 5 business days after to setup a phone interview. Following the phone interview (about 1 day later) I was contacted again to setup an in person interview which took place about a week later. I was contacted again a few days after for another phone interview. And finally a few days later I had my 4th and a final interview (phone as well).

I was offered the position about a week after my 4th interview. Went through the background and drug screen (results take about a week) and then received my welcome letter.

TL/DR: 4 interviews (1 in person, 3 phone) whole process from application to welcome letter was 6 weeks.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted about 15 to 20 minutes. They mostly told me about the job an my day to day responsibilities. An asked me if I had any questions about the position an my work from home experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in November 2019.

Interview

Intro call, coding challenge, code review with team. Later on, a verbal offer and some high level benefits. I never talked to an HR rep or corporate resource... only technical staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to optimize and scale the coding solution   1 Answer

Lowball offer, and since no HR resource was in the mix it seemed strange and awkward to negotiate with tech staff... this is a large company that should have more polish with the final step of a hire.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in September 2019.

Interview

I received a call from HR asking for my availability for a phone interview. He asked a few general HR questions but nothing in depth. I was scheduled for a phone interview with a mid level manager and her boss. Both were very friendly. Most of the questions were dealing with my past experience and projects I had worked on. Nothing too crazy. I was told I would be contacted in a week with more details. It actually took about two weeks for them to let me know I wasn't selected along with feedback from the hiring managers. I suspect they probably were waiting for their preferred candidate to accept the offer before making the announcement to other candidates. Was treated well overall despite not receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the project you worked on that you were most proud of? Why?   Answer Question
    • Can you walk me through the deliverables and process a Business Analyst is responsible for throughout each stage of the Software Development Life Cycle?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Remote, OR).

Interview

Interview was 30 mins. Interviewer was unprepared, didn’t have my resume or any information pulled up. Was told I was the first to be interviewed so I would hear back within the week. Was called back an hour after to be told that my experience (8 years of IT) was too basic and they’re moving onto others. Don’t bother applying for this position if you have no experience in finance, banking or their products. Any amount of IT experience doesn’t mean anything to them. 10-15 minutes of the interview was dedicated entirely to telling me how difficult the job is, despite the fact that if I didn’t already know that, I wouldn’t have applied.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Remote, OR) in April 2019.

Interview

Brief quick questions. Not so thorough when it comes to decision on future employees, explaining the high turn over rate. Interview questions if employed will be about company metric goals and if they do not align with what they have It seems as though they don't believe in working with you although you to achieve their goals.

Interview Questions

• How is average handle time or after call at current employer?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Albany, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

Long Interview with multiple people. Phone interview as well. They were very nice. Didnt have to wait long to get into the interview. I felt like I was prepared. Questions were fair.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied Online, Initial Interview with the Hiring Manager over the phone, Second Interview over the phone with the Admin of the location, Third in person Interview with two supervisors from my department. Job Offered.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle difficult/escalated customers. What do you do in order to take care of them?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in December 2018.

Interview

There were 3 associates that asked a few behavioral questions, and then left me alone to do 2 different editing and writing prompts. I was left hanging for weeks until I contacted the recruiter to learn that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unhappy with your work situation   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in October 2018.

Interview

Lots of tests and tricks to see if you know programming. Looks like they had a bunch of longtime employee programmers leave the company. They were asking about looking at old code by previous employees and trying to figure it out and fix interface problems. In confidence one of the interviews said they got rid of a ton of programmers and now they do not know what to do or how to fix problems with the existing code. He said they had lots of programs they know nothing about but need fixes and updates.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to look at existing code and fix a problem with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to find a problem with a previous employee's code and how you fixed it.   Answer Question