Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Expected 2-3 years professional experience for an entry level position like so many others, told me to look at a posting for data entry instead. No communication after the first phone call.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have for this entry level job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

Exaggerated, 3-8 interviews sometimes all the way up to GM (aka EVP). Even for entry level personnel. I personally don't understand the need.

Interview Questions

• This is a company that is trapped in the world of the 70/80's. They will ask questions about your age and ability to manage children and work. You will get one of two interviewers one that doesn't know what the job entails and/or one that asks question total out of scope for the position. But that's what makes it fun.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation...? there wasn't any you take what they give. In the case of JHA I can go to their competitors for much more money at anytime. Oh and they don't have you sign a none compete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in August 2010.

Interview

HR filters many of the applications but that does not prevent a manager from looking through any applications that the company receives. Some managers prefer to allow HR to filter applicants while others prefer to look for themselves. In either case, HR will call and tell you that a manager would like to set up an interview. The first interview may be in Springfield or Monett depending on the group structure. It will usually be just the hiring manager in the first interview. They will ask general questions about who you are and what your experience is as well as what you are looking for in future terms. They will tell you about the company and group that you interviewed for and usually close by asking if you have any questions. The first interview is usually fairly generic.
    The second interview is almost always a technical interview where some current employees will ask technical questions in a group environment that ranges from two up to five depending on the position and expected experience. The questions are not usually scripted and can be rather random.
    If there is a third or fourth interview it is rare. It does happen on occasion. These interviews will generally be a mix in style between the first and second interviews.
    Typically, the second interview will only be between a small select group who moved through the first interview. It is not uncommon to get an offer within a few days of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you not want to use string.format?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I distincly remember my interview at their office in San Diego a while back. I had just graduated from school and was scheduled for an interview. It seemed like a nice place to work. A nice building by the 8 freeway. They had me take a test that lasted about an hour or so in an office they designated for me. The lady shut the door behind me and I began to take the test. When I completed it and opened the door all of the lights were off and the door was locked to where I couldn't leave. Thankfully, after walking around the floor that I was on I found a woman in a cubicle who I scared the hell out of and told her what had happened. She unlocked the door and I bailed. I later got a generic email saying that unfortunately they were going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember, all I could think of was how I was abandoned.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website. Had an initial interview with the person who is the manager of the position I applied for. Also was contacted by another HR person, who asked some questions and went over benefits. The manager then gave me a technical programming assessment, which was not that hard. The manager then scheduled a 1.5 hour group interview, but the actual interview only lasted 20 minutes. It was with the manager and two more senior managers. They asked typical interview behavioral questions.

I got the feeling that what turned them off was that I gaps in my employment. That is fine, but it seems like a waste of time to interview me and give me a programming test when you could have figure that out from the beginning. I benefited a lot from the technical assessment, because I learned C# in the process of doing the test.

The whole process was a bit clunky and inefficient, indicating to me a highly bureaucratic firm that interviews people inefficiently. If they gave me an assessment and time with their senior managers, only to reject me based on my resume, what does it tell you about the company?

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you have made and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you collaborated with a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick once it started. The recruiter reached out to let me know that an interview was being scheduled. I interviewed twice for the position before the offer was made.

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Interview

The technical recruiter interrupted my morning walk with a cold call. I reluctantly agreed to apply for the position. I wasn't looking for a new job. The interview went quite well, or so I thought. A couple of weeks later I was told I was no longer being considered for the position because I wasn't "technical". I have a bachelor's in computer science, and a master's in information systems. I also have 30 years of experience as a programmer, developer, and database administrator. In addition I have a number of technical certificatons. I'm even a certified IBM DB2 database administrator for z/OS. So, I was obviously confused about how I could have gone overnight from being "very technical" to not "technical".

Interview Questions

• How do you add an index to a very large table?   1 Answer

Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Huntsville, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview went well but never got a face to face interview. Everyone seemed really fine and hopeful yet they never asked me for another interview with no helpful responses.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in October 2013.

Interview

Initial communication by phone from Recruiter, received an e-mail with open dates/times. Responded back to the Recruiter, received a confirmation and went on the interview.

Interview Questions

• None - routine interview process, very straight forward and friendly people.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview

The process takes a very long time because management is slow to hire people. Be prepared to wait at least a month.

Interview Questions

• It is according to who is asking. Some questions like strength and weakness are difficult because they expect you to say certain things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.