Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.8

Tech Interview

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager and onsite interview with hiring manager and other manager. I never even heard back from these guys after the job interview and they are supposedly hiring a bunch of people so this is just plain rude and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• What are different types of network tools and how did you use them?   Answer Question

Security Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview

Series of phone and in-person interviews. The first step in the process was more of a phone screening than an interview. A more in-depth phone interview was next.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were relaxed. More of a conversation than a traditional interview. Talked about experience with policy review and setting performance measurements.   Answer Question

Frontend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewing recruiter and interviewing managers were nice, the interview process was fun and quick. Was given a challenging project to create a fairly heavily featured (for a coding project) YouTube browser. Final interview had a few gotcha style questions (eek) and received feedback very quickly afterwards.

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviews were lengthy, consisting of structured questions that gave plenty of room to expand and elaborate. There was a phone screen followed by 2 in person interviews that were very similar. Only 1 interview was with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you helped a direct report fulfill a career goal?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Louisville, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

the process is awful. Applied online. Interviewed two months later. Still getting the run around from the recruiters. have yet o interview with a manager. They need to remove these recruiters out of the process. They lack the skills needed to get candidates hired and play too many games. This is main reason companies miss out on great employees and get bad feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do I wan to work for Jack Henry/   1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Elizabeth, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email that next morning to see when I could do a phone interview. I had a 15-20 minute talk about my background, work history, work style and values. I was told that the hiring manager would contact me later that day or the next. She called me the next morning to delve deeper into my work history, and typical customer service oriented questions about my temperament and ability to handle difficult interactions with customers. She told me that I would be contacted soon for an in person interview. I received a call the same day and the interview was set for three days later. I dressed business casual, even though the normal dress code at the location is very casual. I researched the company and learned about what they value in their employees. The interview was with two managers, who each had a list of questions. They took turns asking, and sometimes did a follow up question if they needed further info. The interview went great, was actually fun like having a get-together with a couple of friends. I felt a connection and actually enjoyed the experience. They are looking for honesty, people who like to give back to the community, and someone who is upbeat and positive.

Interview Questions

• One time when you disagreed with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had an idea to improve a process at work. How did that go? What steps did you take in the process? Did you consider other methods/ideas, and how did you decide which was the best route to follow?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question

Settlement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter that lasted about 15 minutes. General questions about my background, experience, why I was interested in the job and why I was looking to leave my current job.

After my phone interview the recruiter emailed me saying they wanted me to take an excel test. I scored really well on it, like 98% or something. A couple of days later he called back to schedule me for an in person interview.

My interview in person was about 45 minutes with two managers. One manager was remote and interviewed me by video, which was new for me, so threw me off just a bit at first. There were a lot of behavioral questions but overall I "thought" it went fairly well but I never heard back from them at all. After a month I figured I obviously didn't get it. I just hate when employers take your time like that (especially when you have another job that you have to take off time from to go on these interviews) and don't even bother to let you know their decision. To me that's unprofessional. I don't expect a response for every job I apply for. But I do expect a response when I interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to find a unique way to overcome a challenge?

Tell me about a time you didn't succeed.   Answer Question

Statement Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview

started as a contractor for more than a year and half, then get hired to a full time position and i applied and been accepted, then i attended a lot of sessions to acknowledge me with the company .

Interview Questions

• have you run a machine before?   1 Answer

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

As a rehire I worked very closely with an HR representative who was very eager to move on several potential opportunities. After a long run through of sickness and vacation from the recruiter, I responded to his lack of communication in a very understanding manner. Although he continued to fail to return voicemails and emails for over two weeks; then he just never responded.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding work experience and time with JHA.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website. Had an initial interview with the person who is the manager of the position I applied for. Also was contacted by another HR person, who asked some questions and went over benefits. The manager then gave me a technical programming assessment, which was not that hard. The manager then scheduled a 1.5 hour group interview, but the actual interview only lasted 20 minutes. It was with the manager and two more senior managers. They asked typical interview behavioral questions.

I got the feeling that what turned them off was that I gaps in my employment. That is fine, but it seems like a waste of time to interview me and give me a programming test when you could have figure that out from the beginning. I benefited a lot from the technical assessment, because I learned C# in the process of doing the test.

The whole process was a bit clunky and inefficient, indicating to me a highly bureaucratic firm that interviews people inefficiently. If they gave me an assessment and time with their senior managers, only to reject me based on my resume, what does it tell you about the company?

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you have made and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you collaborated with a coworker.   Answer Question