Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 112 of over 112 interviews

Recruiter14%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Jack Henry & Associates

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates

Interview

Very friendly process. Company is more interested in the former project that you have done. The interviewer was very friendly and informative. There was very little coding questions, and the competition was not very high. I was on sight, and the building was nice.

Interview Questions
  • What have you done for your previous projects?
    Answer Question

Jack Henry & Associates

Application

I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates

Interview

Three rounds of interview including HR, the last one is in the main office in San DIego in the conference room. Panel interview questions with the team at least 2 management and 2 senior team members, They'll ask you how you handle or managing projects scenario, networking, team work and customer passion. Make sure to ask if you need to be on the phone to assist clients because it will not be acceptable to you if this is not your typical day job.

Interview Questions
  • Basic networking questions and troubleshooting.

Jack Henry & Associates

Application

I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates

Interview

Very quick and easy selection process. Interview over the phone and took about a hour. Questions they asked was very detailed. The questions were more so based on behavior type questions and experience “what would you do if “this” happened “ or “tell me about a time when you had to?.

Interview Questions
  • How do I feel like I benefit the role.

Jack Henry & Associates

Application

I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates

Interview

Not hard. Easy question. right to the point with your experience and what you can bring to the table . Nice manager and you are able to meet everyone you will work with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jack Henry & Associates

Application

I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates

Interview

Looked at previous projects and elaborated on my experience. Went well and conversed upon specifications of the position and how the company operates. Not a traditional technical style interview. Very efficient and doesn’t require peer reviewed programming

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Elizabethtown, KY) in Nov 2020

Interview

Process was rushed as hiring manager had set a seemingly unreasonable start date. I was pushed through a process of interviews and references in less than a week. My exclusion was seemingly based on information that was available from simply reading my resume or understanding my prior experience. My sense was that I was simply used to allow the hiring manager to claim he had seen a minimum number of candidates. Avoid this company.

Interview Questions
  • How does your experience compare to job requirements?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Dallas, TX) in Sep 2020

Interview

I initially received a generic rejection letter regarding my application, stating that I didn't have the specific skills required. One skill of "web/REST services" is so generic, that I have never seen someone list that specific skill. Another skill of '6+ years of C#' was deemed insufficient as I had only deliberately called out my experience of C# in one of my jobs that was ~2 years. I didn't specify the technologies I used for my most recent job of ~6 years where I did use C#. I was then asked to update my resume to reflect this. I thought this was odd, but I understand at some bureaucratic companies this can happen. I then had a video interview set up with the "Solutions Architect, Supervisor". Like most interviews it started off with same basic chit-chat and we then jumped straight into a technical interview, where most questions were fairly specific, but not too specific so that it was like a test in computer science where they are looking for keywords. After the technical questions I was given a coding assignment regarding REST services that was not overly complicated but complicated enough where you could spend several days or more working on to give a full picture of your abilities. It was at this point that the interviewer was going to end the interview. I had to ask to ask questions. They were mostly softball questions like "What's your development process like?", "What's your work life/balance like?", "How d you like working there?". I received fairly short replies that left me with very little insight into the company and the whole time it was like pulling teeth. You should never be asking candidates to spend their free time coding, or at least not something that can't be completed in an hour. This is a strong indicator that personal lives are not valued. At no point did anyone try to sell me on the company AT ALL. I understand that not everyone is a great interviewer, but c'mon, you have to spend some amount of time telling the candidate why it's in their best interest to work with/for you. The silver lining is that if the interview is at all indicative of the work environment I KNOW I would never want to work there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jack Henry & Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in Aug 2020

Interview

The 1st contact was made by a recruiter. He scheduled a phone screening. During the phone screening he explained what the job entailed and asked the typical "tell me about a time questions". He was very professional, energetic, and engaging. About a week later I was asked to move to the next stage of the process to interview with 2 managers via web teams video chat. During this waiting period I did my research on the company which I found employees gave positive reviews but this company also lacks diversity, which was a negative for me. However, I went through with the video chat interview which was held by 2 older Caucasian women and I knew I didn't stand a chance. I answered once again the typical call center questions "tell me about a time" but it was a very dry and non engaging interview. I didn't feel the same energy from them as I felt from the recruiter. I didn't look forward to an offer after that interview.. The next day I received the "thank you for your time" email as expected. I have over 13 years of call center experience dealing with proprietary information as well as co-own and operate a small property investment company. I assume my skin color, the tone of my voice, and my name don't match the needs of the company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake?
  • Tell me what frustrates you when talking to customers?
  • Have you ever accidentally gave a customer too much information?
  • What are your metrics for your most recent employer? Such as ACW, Quality, AHT, etc
  • Tell me about a time when you had an upset customer and how did you resolve it?
  • Tell me about a time when you worked with an unproductive team mate.
  • What's your favorite thing about working in a call center?
  • What's your least favorite thing about working in a call center?
  • What shifts would you prefer? Are holidays ok?
5 people found this interview helpful

Jack Henry & Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in Aug 2020

Interview

This company is seriously messed up. If they decide to interview you, they will have the hiring team reach out to you directly. There is no HR round (no discussion of expected compensation, benefits, etc.). There is also no information on what the company does and what it's like to work there. To me, this is an immediate red flag. During my interview, the tech lead dived into asking questions right away and they were basic OOP/C#/.NET questions. Once I answered all of them, he gave me a take home assignment to interface with Twitter's public API. When I noticed that it had a lot of requirements, I decided not to spend time on that. Considering the interview experience I had and the overall smug attitude of the interviewer and the lack of information on the company, I'd say Jack Henry has a lot more problems that a software engineer will have to deal with once they accept employment. I decided to withdraw my application. Save yourself time and look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Jack Henry & Associates

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in Jul 2020

Interview

It was an in person interview that lasted an hour. The interviewers were very nice! There were no questions that were unexpected. The position ended up being cancelled, so there was no offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 112 Interviews