Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.9

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tech Interview

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager and onsite interview with hiring manager and other manager. I never even heard back from these guys after the job interview and they are supposedly hiring a bunch of people so this is just plain rude and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• What are different types of network tools and how did you use them?   Answer Question

Security Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates.

Interview

Series of phone and in-person interviews. The first step in the process was more of a phone screening than an interview. A more in-depth phone interview was next.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were relaxed. More of a conversation than a traditional interview. Talked about experience with policy review and setting performance measurements.   Answer Question

Frontend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewing recruiter and interviewing managers were nice, the interview process was fun and quick. Was given a challenging project to create a fairly heavily featured (for a coding project) YouTube browser. Final interview had a few gotcha style questions (eek) and received feedback very quickly afterwards.

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviews were lengthy, consisting of structured questions that gave plenty of room to expand and elaborate. There was a phone screen followed by 2 in person interviews that were very similar. Only 1 interview was with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you helped a direct report fulfill a career goal?   Answer Question

Settlement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter that lasted about 15 minutes. General questions about my background, experience, why I was interested in the job and why I was looking to leave my current job.

After my phone interview the recruiter emailed me saying they wanted me to take an excel test. I scored really well on it, like 98% or something. A couple of days later he called back to schedule me for an in person interview.

My interview in person was about 45 minutes with two managers. One manager was remote and interviewed me by video, which was new for me, so threw me off just a bit at first. There were a lot of behavioral questions but overall I "thought" it went fairly well but I never heard back from them at all. After a month I figured I obviously didn't get it. I just hate when employers take your time like that (especially when you have another job that you have to take off time from to go on these interviews) and don't even bother to let you know their decision. To me that's unprofessional. I don't expect a response for every job I apply for. But I do expect a response when I interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to find a unique way to overcome a challenge?

Tell me about a time you didn't succeed.   Answer Question

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

As a rehire I worked very closely with an HR representative who was very eager to move on several potential opportunities. After a long run through of sickness and vacation from the recruiter, I responded to his lack of communication in a very understanding manner. Although he continued to fail to return voicemails and emails for over two weeks; then he just never responded.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding work experience and time with JHA.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website. Had an initial interview with the person who is the manager of the position I applied for. Also was contacted by another HR person, who asked some questions and went over benefits. The manager then gave me a technical programming assessment, which was not that hard. The manager then scheduled a 1.5 hour group interview, but the actual interview only lasted 20 minutes. It was with the manager and two more senior managers. They asked typical interview behavioral questions.

I got the feeling that what turned them off was that I gaps in my employment. That is fine, but it seems like a waste of time to interview me and give me a programming test when you could have figure that out from the beginning. I benefited a lot from the technical assessment, because I learned C# in the process of doing the test.

The whole process was a bit clunky and inefficient, indicating to me a highly bureaucratic firm that interviews people inefficiently. If they gave me an assessment and time with their senior managers, only to reject me based on my resume, what does it tell you about the company?

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you have made and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you collaborated with a coworker.   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

You wait in the lobby until you are called. I had to wait around twenty minutes before I was called. The supervisor came down to greet me and took me upstairs. As we were walking he mentioned to me that it was going to be an unconventional interview. He informed me that two people were on the phone waiting to speak to me. I'm still unsure as to who they were or the titles they hold within the company. But that part did throw me off a bit. So be prepared for that! He took me to a conference room and the interview process begin. For the most part you are asked a bunch of scenario based questions and most of the questions are typical questions you have probably answered in interviews before. There are no curve balls.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was the most proudest moment in your life and why?
      Q: What is the most complex problem you had to solve at work? How did you solve it?
      Q: Name a time where you over committed yourself.
      Q: What was one thing you enjoyed the most about your last job? What was the least?
      Q: Name a time where you had a disagreement with a fellow co-worker. How did you resolve it?
      Q: What is the most important thing you are looking for in a job?
      Q: What do you know about our company? Do you understand what you would be doing?   Answer Question

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application and was emailed relatively quickly by the hiring manager. We coordinated a day & time to meet (virtually). He set up a webex session and we discussed the position and various aspects for about 45 minutes. It was a very pleasant interview. The position was eventually filled after Thanksgiving with an internal candidate. The disappointing part, besides not being offered the position, was not hearing back after the interview. I had to reach out to them 3 times before hearing of their decision.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Valdosta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was over the phone the first time and then you had a face-to-face meeting. They would ask you your employment history, background and why you are looking to get on with said company. These questions were on the phone. Next, you had to go meet them in the office and would have an interview there.