Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website. Had an initial interview with the person who is the manager of the position I applied for. Also was contacted by another HR person, who asked some questions and went over benefits. The manager then gave me a technical programming assessment, which was not that hard. The manager then scheduled a 1.5 hour group interview, but the actual interview only lasted 20 minutes. It was with the manager and two more senior managers. They asked typical interview behavioral questions.

I got the feeling that what turned them off was that I gaps in my employment. That is fine, but it seems like a waste of time to interview me and give me a programming test when you could have figure that out from the beginning. I benefited a lot from the technical assessment, because I learned C# in the process of doing the test.

The whole process was a bit clunky and inefficient, indicating to me a highly bureaucratic firm that interviews people inefficiently. If they gave me an assessment and time with their senior managers, only to reject me based on my resume, what does it tell you about the company?

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you have made and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you collaborated with a coworker.   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

You wait in the lobby until you are called. I had to wait around twenty minutes before I was called. The supervisor came down to greet me and took me upstairs. As we were walking he mentioned to me that it was going to be an unconventional interview. He informed me that two people were on the phone waiting to speak to me. I'm still unsure as to who they were or the titles they hold within the company. But that part did throw me off a bit. So be prepared for that! He took me to a conference room and the interview process begin. For the most part you are asked a bunch of scenario based questions and most of the questions are typical questions you have probably answered in interviews before. There are no curve balls.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was the most proudest moment in your life and why?
      Q: What is the most complex problem you had to solve at work? How did you solve it?
      Q: Name a time where you over committed yourself.
      Q: What was one thing you enjoyed the most about your last job? What was the least?
      Q: Name a time where you had a disagreement with a fellow co-worker. How did you resolve it?
      Q: What is the most important thing you are looking for in a job?
      Q: What do you know about our company? Do you understand what you would be doing?
      Answer Question

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application and was emailed relatively quickly by the hiring manager. We coordinated a day & time to meet (virtually). He set up a webex session and we discussed the position and various aspects for about 45 minutes. It was a very pleasant interview. The position was eventually filled after Thanksgiving with an internal candidate. The disappointing part, besides not being offered the position, was not hearing back after the interview. I had to reach out to them 3 times before hearing of their decision.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Valdosta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was over the phone the first time and then you had a face-to-face meeting. They would ask you your employment history, background and why you are looking to get on with said company. These questions were on the phone. Next, you had to go meet them in the office and would have an interview there.

Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Huntsville, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview went well but never got a face to face interview. Everyone seemed really fine and hopeful yet they never asked me for another interview with no helpful responses.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Frisco, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very good. It started with the hiring manager emailing me to arrange a time to discuss the position. The interview began with the manager telling me more about herself, career history and position. We discussed my background, passion and desires for a future position. We had a follow up gotomeeting audio and video conversation with the product manager in the group. It was casual and comfortable even though questions were difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about explaining a new process to a client?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Louisville, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

from phone interview to face to face every employee has been very nice and a joy to talk with. Made interviewing less intimidating. The interviewers have been very encouraging, understanding, and patient. I really hope I get the job. This would be nice place of working…plus close to home for me.

Interview Questions

• If a disgruntled customer called what would you do?   1 Answer

Website Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates in May 2016.

Interview

This company has a full time recruiter on staff, that should have been a red flag immediatly. She is very rude and very pushy, even calling repeatedly until I answered the phone. I declined to proceed further into interview process.

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Interview

The technical recruiter interrupted my morning walk with a cold call. I reluctantly agreed to apply for the position. I wasn't looking for a new job. The interview went quite well, or so I thought. A couple of weeks later I was told I was no longer being considered for the position because I wasn't "technical". I have a bachelor's in computer science, and a master's in information systems. I also have 30 years of experience as a programmer, developer, and database administrator. In addition I have a number of technical certificatons. I'm even a certified IBM DB2 database administrator for z/OS. So, I was obviously confused about how I could have gone overnight from being "very technical" to not "technical".

Interview Questions

• How do you add an index to a very large table?   1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an employee send my resume to the department supervisor. Less than an hour later, I had a simple phone interview asking if I would be interested in the job. I was set up an interview for two days after that. The interview went good. I connected good with both of the women. The main interviewer said she would get back to me within a week. A week later, I hadn't heard anything so I emailed her and didn't get a response. About five days after that, I called the supervisor's phone number and left her voice mail. I never did get a response back from her. I was finally sent an automated email two weeks after my interview. Very unprofessional. Not happy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience where you disagreed with a boss or co worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question