Jack Henry & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monett, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Monett, MO).

Interview

They use the STAR technique - google it for detailed information. During an interview, they will ask you questions like tell me about a time this or that happened in the past and how you handled it. 80% of the situations presented are negative, so have examples ready. they want to be able to document the Situation, the Technique you used to overcome it, and the Result - be sure to provide all 3 components to each situational question even if you didn't have a positive outcome you are graded on coming up with complete STAR answers more than if the outcome was always rosey. but they wont tell you that per their HR department. All the questions are canned; managers are supposed to follow them. If they do, it is a pretty draining interview experience both for them and for you. But come with your past examples ready because if you pause too long they take points off. and DO NOT use the word 'would'! or the word 'we'. 'I did' do this is what they are looking for even though 'we would' is how a team player would naturally respond. Also be prepared to go through the same basic process with 3 managers or so either separately or all together.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled that. Tell me about a time you didn't agree with your boss and how you handled that. tell me about a time you didn't get along with co workers and how you handled that. sooooo many negative questions.   Answer Question

really had negative vibes about the culture of the company.

Several-various Interview

Interview

can be very lengthy from initial online application to final interview. Jack Henry uses performance based interviewing... instead of what would you do in this situation... give me an example of a time you were in this situation and what you did to resolve it. The most difficult part is the tag team interviewing that seems designed to wear you down to answer in the negative or about negative things... questions like Give me an example of a time you failed, what action did you take. Give me an example of when you had poor co workers on a team, how did you approach the problem. Give me an example when you had a conflict with your supervisor, and they were wrong - what did you do? Give me an example of an unrealistic deadline, how did you meet. Many of these types of kind of negative questions, (makes it hard to focus on being positive the way several are worded.) Honestly so many questions were this way it made the interview seem uncomfortable and kind of ... negative; certainly not a positive experience. Some of the interviewers also seemed uncomfortable but some explained they were using a script mandated for interviewing and could not deviate from it. Seemed exhausting for the interviewers and interviewees; if they are this determined to be negative in interviews.... made you wonder about the company in general.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you had a conflict with your supervisor, and they were wrong - what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In most cases there is not much negotiation room. Was told salaries are in ranges and most hires are expected to be at the bottom of the scale for that job so they have room to grow in the position without hitting the cap salary.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Monett, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then phone interview with Hiring manager, then panel interview in person with 3 managers asking for specific examples from my past as evidence of how I would perform.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were proud of an accomplishment and how that was received by your peers and managers.   1 Answer

Implementation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email that they were interested in an interview and I would be contacted in the coming weeks (was delayed due to Holidays). I then had a brief phone interview and we setup a face-to-face interview which was with three employees at the Springfield, MO location. The face-to-face interview lasted an hour and consisted of a wide array of questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took and chance at work that didn't work out. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They presented me with an acceptable offer. I accepted and a background check and drug test followed.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monett, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Monett, MO).

Interview

The interview process went really smoothly. I got a phone call asking to come in and allow them to get to know me a little better than what is just on my resume. When I got to the campus, everyone was welcoming and so helpful. I was expecting to have a one on one interview, but was surprised with a 4 on one interview. I got a call 4 weeks later asking for a second interview, to discuss what the position handles as well as a more detailed look into my background. That to was a four on one interview. I later got hired, and am thankful ever since.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked was where I see my self in ten years ? With this company that is a huge and important question. Especially if you travel, they expect a full commitment from you, as well as many years to follow.   Answer Question

Product Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an employee referral. Was interviewed and said would have a decision within 2 weeks. I had to call back and ask. Then the hiring supervisor said she didn't have my resume in front of her and asked if I could work both shifts. I could only do evenings during the week but could do both on the weekend temporary. She said she hoped she could get back to me soon. 2 days later still no call so I called back with no answer. Later that day I received a generated email saying that they went with another candidate. There were multiple postings of the job available. The email was generated with the wrong job I interviewed for as well. Not very professional. Also have 10 years working with JHA software.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer situation   1 Answer

Product Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for several of these openings. Had an interview and was told a decision would be made in 2 weeks. 2 weeks past and still hadn't heard back. I called and talked to the supervisor hiring. She stated she didn't have my resume in front of her and asked if I was available for both shifts, which in the interview I stated the night shift would work best through the week and either on weekends. She said that she wasn't sure where they were at on a decision and hoped to get back with me soon. I gave it a couple more days and tried again...no answer. I then get an email from a recruiter saying I didn't get the job. They had 13 of these open. It's very frustrating when I have over 10 years working with JHA software in the banking setting. I don't think how they handled this was very professional. I have been trying for years to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• How I handle an unsatisfied customer.   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Overland Park, KS) in February 2012.

Interview

Well planned and to the point. The interviewers knew what they were looking for. Apart from technical rounds, there were social rounds to judge the communication skills of the person.

Interview Questions

• What was the thing you did in your last job that helped you a lot?   Answer Question

Internal IT Technical Support II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Springfield, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

I have interviewed twice with JHA I applied for a position for the Springfield Missouri location which is about 25-30 minutes from where I live. I filled out countless applications for various different positions and did not get a single response. Finally I Emailed a recruiter in the department i was interested in and received a reply. He asked if he could speak with me the next day for about 30 min and I said sure. The next day we spoke about a position he said would fit my work experience very well and said he would email my resume and information to the hiring managers. about a week later on a Friday I was called and asked if i would be available the next Thurs. and i said yes. The interview went well and lasted about an hour.

The interview questions were very different from previous interview questions that i had been asked with different jobs. I found some of them somewhat negative and each one of them they seemed to want a long drawn out answer to. The next week I received another call from the same person i spoke with asking me if i could attend another interview at the Monet Location a week later. The Monett Location is about 2 Hours from where i'm located... Thought that was a little odd to ask me to drive all the way there, but said yes because I was very interested in the company. The second Interview went alright, I was not as comfortable as the first one. There was two people in this one and one of them was the same as the last interview.. the questions were about the same and seemed repetitive as the last interview. The new person did not talk much at all and asked very few questions, his phone was also ringing which made me feel uncomfortable. I did not get as good of a vibe at the second interview, which lasted about an hour also. I was told I would be contacted about a week or two later about my interview status.

Over two weeks later I still hadn't herd a word from JKA so I decided to call the person who was in touch and who originally set up the interviews. The phone was answered right away and a secretary ask who I was which i told them my name. They then told me the person was unavailable to speak to me, and asked if i would like to leave a voice mail, which i did. A week later i still hadn't been contacted so I decided to try contacting them again. I received the same run around for another 2 weeks. finally I emailed the original recruiter and they said the position had been filled...... I was not all that happy about the interview process and probably will not be applying again. I think JHA is a rewarding company but believe you have to know somebody in the department you are applying for to get accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and strength?
      Describe a difficult work situation/project and how you overcame it.
      Describe a situation where you failed at your job but learned from it.
      Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Henry & Associates (Seattle, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was just following up on my submitted resume. I recieved an opportunity to interview at that moment. I was met by

Interview Questions

• Just be ready for a behavioral style questions that ask you to demonstrate previous qualifying skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary base was very competitive no negotiation was needed.