Jack in the Box Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.0

To BE A Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delano, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Delano, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

They told me i need to be friendly to customers and have a great custumer service.I know that customers always come first.That the food always need to be hot and gresh.So it could have a great flavor and tasty.

Interview Questions

• If i had experience in working at fast food restaurants.   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Boise, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

Manager was incredibly nice, he had me fill out an application (I had applied online) then looked it over and asked me some basic questions (see below), then branched off into asking questions about some of the things I had mentioned in my answers. In terms of hiring me, he usually waits a couple days but he hired me at the end of the interview. We discussed wages, training, uniform, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't feel the need to negotiate a wage or anything, this will be my first job and he is starting me above minimum wage, so I'm pretty happy.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Management asked standard questions why should i hire you? what did you do at your previous job? why did you leave? do you have flexible hours? do you know how to use a register? are you comfortable with working a very long shift? do you have reliable transportation? are you comfortable working with irate customers?

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview

5 rounds of technical questions. Databases etc focus. First round was with the recruiter. Second round was with the hiring manager. Remaining rounds are with the technical leads and team members. It went very well.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was easy, I was promoted from within so they didn't ask me many questions. It was one on one and the process was easy. There was no training.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Fresno, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

So i got a call and was scheduled for a interview with the manager at the main place i applied at was very nice and cool and said he liked me and wanted to give me a second interview and that they needed people ASAP, so i was scheduled for the second interview at a different location with another lady about 20 people from different locations were there i came in 5 mins before unaware there'd be so many and i wasn't even told that or else i would have got their way earlier! And not have had to wait a hour and a half for the interview, so as i was waiting a hour i watched everyone get hired on the spot for their location but me and another guy were'nt offered anything all we got was oh we'll call you back if anything comes up like were some criminals that need a backround check first, im not bringing color into this because i've seen people of my color get jobs at jack n da box but us being the last two guys from two different locations get shrugged off was disappointing.

So lets get back to my interview i finally got called back i was dressed very nice but not over dressed the same as every other guy in there and all she did was grill me, i was looking to leave my first job and she kept talking to me trying to convince me to stay at my first job and how hard fast food is, i work at a warehouse we get heavy loads of stuff i been there for a year im trying to pursue school now and get into something lighter as i explained but all she did was treat me like a detective trying to solve a murder, and then told oh well i have your application ill talk to my managers and call you if we have anything like i was applying there it was just ridiculous! And if she's the one who decides who gets hired at every jack n da box in this city i will not even waste my time applying at another im done ill keep looking ill soon find something else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Mira Loma, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in for an open interview, and the manager took forever to talk to me, It was more of a hassle for her to do the interview, as if she didn't really want ti be doing it

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Lacey, WA).

Interview

I turned in a resume and was told to fill out and turn in the paper application. I got a call a few days later for an interview. I was interviewed by two of the managers back to back. I was asked if I had a food handler's card and said yes. Got a call a few days later saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 good things about yourself and 3 things you can improve on?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied from their website, and I got a call less than two weeks later to set up an interview. I came 5 minutes early, and the person who interviewed me really liked that. I was hired right after.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Honolulu, HI) in August 2016.

Interview

I talked to the manager and he asked a few questions. It was in the restaurant and was easy. After I had to sign a bunch of papers and read some stuff.