Jack in the Box Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.0

Regional Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

19 interviews, began within region then moved to Corp office in San Diego. then interviewed with present RVPs. Psychological profiled along with testing for problem solving. the interviews come rapid fire and they change pace often to keep you off balance. They flew me in the night before and I got to hotel at 11, my first interview was at 6am.

Interview Questions

• If an entire restaurant team quit or walked out what would you do? short term, long term, preventive plans?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Fresno, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

So i got a call and was scheduled for a interview with the manager at the main place i applied at was very nice and cool and said he liked me and wanted to give me a second interview and that they needed people ASAP, so i was scheduled for the second interview at a different location with another lady about 20 people from different locations were there i came in 5 mins before unaware there'd be so many and i wasn't even told that or else i would have got their way earlier! And not have had to wait a hour and a half for the interview, so as i was waiting a hour i watched everyone get hired on the spot for their location but me and another guy were'nt offered anything all we got was oh we'll call you back if anything comes up like were some criminals that need a backround check first, im not bringing color into this because i've seen people of my color get jobs at jack n da box but us being the last two guys from two different locations get shrugged off was disappointing.

So lets get back to my interview i finally got called back i was dressed very nice but not over dressed the same as every other guy in there and all she did was grill me, i was looking to leave my first job and she kept talking to me trying to convince me to stay at my first job and how hard fast food is, i work at a warehouse we get heavy loads of stuff i been there for a year im trying to pursue school now and get into something lighter as i explained but all she did was treat me like a detective trying to solve a murder, and then told oh well i have your application ill talk to my managers and call you if we have anything like i was applying there it was just ridiculous! And if she's the one who decides who gets hired at every jack n da box in this city i will not even waste my time applying at another im done ill keep looking ill soon find something else.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Fort Wayne, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

For this long term temporary assignment, I had two interviews. The first was with the HR person and the person I for whom I am filling in. The second interview was with both of them, along with the CEO of the company and the President of the company.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (San Diego, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

My recruiter set up a phone interview with the hiring manager which lasted about 45 minutes, then I was scheduled for an in-person interview which was in front of a panel of engineers and the hiring manager. Overall, it was a seamless process and a positive one.

Interview Questions

• What skillsets did I think I could bring to their team? How was I going to make a positive impact for their department in the first ninety days of employment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Behavioral interview

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview

They called me for a phone interview about a week or two after I applied. After the phone interview, I went in and interviewed with about 4-5 people. Everybody was really nice but the process is very draining. They use behavioral questions. The interview is over an hour

Interview Questions

• Almost all the questions are "Tell me about a time" type questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box in September 2009.

Interview

A lot of interviews with upper management, including panel presentation and interview (up to 5 people).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about previous work situations and how did you handle them (behavioral questions)?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

it was online then met face to face for interview; talked about odd things and then jumped into important questions; had their weird point of views, a bit aggressive and rude

To BE A Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delano, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Delano, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

They told me i need to be friendly to customers and have a great custumer service.I know that customers always come first.That the food always need to be hot and gresh.So it could have a great flavor and tasty.

Interview Questions

• If i had experience in working at fast food restaurants.   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Boise, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

Manager was incredibly nice, he had me fill out an application (I had applied online) then looked it over and asked me some basic questions (see below), then branched off into asking questions about some of the things I had mentioned in my answers. In terms of hiring me, he usually waits a couple days but he hired me at the end of the interview. We discussed wages, training, uniform, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't feel the need to negotiate a wage or anything, this will be my first job and he is starting me above minimum wage, so I'm pretty happy.