Jack in the Box Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2017

1.9

Regional Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

19 interviews, began within region then moved to Corp office in San Diego. then interviewed with present RVPs. Psychological profiled along with testing for problem solving. the interviews come rapid fire and they change pace often to keep you off balance. They flew me in the night before and I got to hotel at 11, my first interview was at 6am.

Interview Questions

• If an entire restaurant team quit or walked out what would you do? short term, long term, preventive plans?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Fresno, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

So i got a call and was scheduled for a interview with the manager at the main place i applied at was very nice and cool and said he liked me and wanted to give me a second interview and that they needed people ASAP, so i was scheduled for the second interview at a different location with another lady about 20 people from different locations were there i came in 5 mins before unaware there'd be so many and i wasn't even told that or else i would have got their way earlier! And not have had to wait a hour and a half for the interview, so as i was waiting a hour i watched everyone get hired on the spot for their location but me and another guy were'nt offered anything all we got was oh we'll call you back if anything comes up like were some criminals that need a backround check first, im not bringing color into this because i've seen people of my color get jobs at jack n da box but us being the last two guys from two different locations get shrugged off was disappointing.

So lets get back to my interview i finally got called back i was dressed very nice but not over dressed the same as every other guy in there and all she did was grill me, i was looking to leave my first job and she kept talking to me trying to convince me to stay at my first job and how hard fast food is, i work at a warehouse we get heavy loads of stuff i been there for a year im trying to pursue school now and get into something lighter as i explained but all she did was treat me like a detective trying to solve a murder, and then told oh well i have your application ill talk to my managers and call you if we have anything like i was applying there it was just ridiculous! And if she's the one who decides who gets hired at every jack n da box in this city i will not even waste my time applying at another im done ill keep looking ill soon find something else.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Fort Wayne, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

For this long term temporary assignment, I had two interviews. The first was with the HR person and the person I for whom I am filling in. The second interview was with both of them, along with the CEO of the company and the President of the company.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (San Diego, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

My recruiter set up a phone interview with the hiring manager which lasted about 45 minutes, then I was scheduled for an in-person interview which was in front of a panel of engineers and the hiring manager. Overall, it was a seamless process and a positive one.

Interview Questions

• What skillsets did I think I could bring to their team? How was I going to make a positive impact for their department in the first ninety days of employment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Behavioral interview

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview

They called me for a phone interview about a week or two after I applied. After the phone interview, I went in and interviewed with about 4-5 people. Everybody was really nice but the process is very draining. They use behavioral questions. The interview is over an hour

Interview Questions

• Almost all the questions are "Tell me about a time" type questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box in September 2009.

Interview

A lot of interviews with upper management, including panel presentation and interview (up to 5 people).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about previous work situations and how did you handle them (behavioral questions)?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box in February 2014.

Interview

The people I work with was a good crew for the time i was there until scool came.
    The manger was the best person i seen working there with me .

Interview Questions

• How long it take me to learn on hands.   2 Answers

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I had three interviews. The individuals that interviewed me were very high energy and were very focused. They focused on the guest and how do you fix problems of employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that you had to go into a new market and inflict instant change.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Escondido, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick interview right after I turned in my application. Was not completely expecting them to interview me right away. Did not receive call back, I had to call to see I was declined.