Jack in the Box Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

1.6

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Fresno, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

So i got a call and was scheduled for a interview with the manager at the main place i applied at was very nice and cool and said he liked me and wanted to give me a second interview and that they needed people ASAP, so i was scheduled for the second interview at a different location with another lady about 20 people from different locations were there i came in 5 mins before unaware there'd be so many and i wasn't even told that or else i would have got their way earlier! And not have had to wait a hour and a half for the interview, so as i was waiting a hour i watched everyone get hired on the spot for their location but me and another guy were'nt offered anything all we got was oh we'll call you back if anything comes up like were some criminals that need a backround check first, im not bringing color into this because i've seen people of my color get jobs at jack n da box but us being the last two guys from two different locations get shrugged off was disappointing.

So lets get back to my interview i finally got called back i was dressed very nice but not over dressed the same as every other guy in there and all she did was grill me, i was looking to leave my first job and she kept talking to me trying to convince me to stay at my first job and how hard fast food is, i work at a warehouse we get heavy loads of stuff i been there for a year im trying to pursue school now and get into something lighter as i explained but all she did was treat me like a detective trying to solve a murder, and then told oh well i have your application ill talk to my managers and call you if we have anything like i was applying there it was just ridiculous! And if she's the one who decides who gets hired at every jack n da box in this city i will not even waste my time applying at another im done ill keep looking ill soon find something else.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jack in the Box

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied from their website, and I got a call less than two weeks later to set up an interview. I came 5 minutes early, and the person who interviewed me really liked that. I was hired right after.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box in July 2016.

Interview

I saw an ad for jack in the box on Craigslist that led me to apply online at their website. Within a few days, I got a call to see if I was still interested in the the position. The next day they called to schedule an interview for the next morning at 9 am (today) . So, I got in there about 15 minutes early and had to wait for about 25-30 minutes at a table before the manager came out . When he interviewed me, he tried to explain the questions to me and help me understand how my answer was different from what I would have to do pertaining to the questions . After about 15 minutes of questions he explained everything to me and asked if I was interested still . (In my mind I wanted to say no but, I figured I give it a shot) So, I said yes and he spent five minutes discussing it in the back with his district manager and came back out to congratulate me and have me fill out the new hire paperwork . He sat with me and helped me with whatever questions I had or whatever I didn't understand . When it was over he told me to make sure I bring back my tb clearance and s.s. card and I could start tomorrow .

Overall, I think it was a good experience, other than, the wait and his attitude obviously due to stress and busy-like mindset and schedule. Based on my old job, I know I'm not going to be used to this type of work and I won't get good at it . But, I think this team member job would be great for others who are looking for an entry level job in the food industry to start a career .

Interview Questions

• What is my availability ?   1 Answer
    • What shift would I like   1 Answer
    • Do I live near by (will I be able to come in on-call on days off) ?   1 Answer
    • Why would I like to work there ?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe yourself ?   1 Answer
    • What is the first thing you notice when you walk into a restaurant ?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience in fast food ?   1 Answer
    • What was the duties of the previous employment ?   1 Answer
    • Why did I leave my old job ?   1 Answer
    • How do you ensure that everything is clean enough ?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you made a mistake at work and had to take ownership of it .   1 Answer
    • How do you handle angry customers ?   1 Answer
    • Is there ever a time where I went out of my way for a customer ? Ever done anything extra that wasn't a part of my responsibility?   1 Answer
    • Did you ever take a shortcut while working and got in trouble and had to be corrected for it ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Banos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Los Banos, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I asked an employee if they were hiring and he told me to come back in the morning when the manager was there so I did. Came back the next morning to get an application and he told me to come back at 2pm for an interview. He told me hes selective when hiring and that he gives short interviews. Asked me two questions and talked the rest of the time about what he likes in his employees, the importance of a clean store, and about the stress of sending his kid to college. I couldn't even get a word in after the two questions so all I could do was nod and say yeah. Honestly I felt like he was looking for more of a conversation than an interview. When he was done ranting he told me that if he called me by Saturday morning that means I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, give me a reason you would call in to get out of work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Only one question was asked and it was very easy. I dressed semi formal, made sure i looked good to ensure I had the best odds possible at the job.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview

The actual interview process was fairly short but the wait was longer than expected. It was a group interview with 6 other people done by the assistant manager. The manager did not feel like conducting interviews that day so we had to wait until the assistant manager got there.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The manager called me two hours before the interview time if I could come in for an interview. When I came in, I was told to wait at one of the tables of the restaurant.

The interview was very short, like 5 minutes long, and asked mostly as to why I applied to Jack in the Box. It went very smoothly and at the end I was told I was hired. I e-signed all the documents later that day and came in do to the training videos, which typically take around 6 hours, as I was told.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It was divided into 2 parts. The first interview asked about availability. The second part asked about your willingness to work. Actually waiting for the interviews took about 2 weeks total.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Honolulu, HI) in April 2015.

Interview

2 interviews. Passed the group interview and was called in to come into the store for a 1:1 interview with store manager. Passed the 1:1 interview and the same day filled out more papers & was scheduled the next week.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Jack In the Box menu item?   Answer Question
    • If you had a disagreement with a coworker how would you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you dealt with a upset customer.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Interview

Im bilingual i can speak or write both English and Spanish also . Great at customer service. Know cash handaling or how to operate any computer. Always punctual. Always with a positive attitude ready to work individual or with members . I have many work experience feeding the homeless people, preparing food, cleaning or brooming dirty areas, and also serving. Im also in a program called roc im a intern at kern federal school i shadow tellers, get to help members, do transactions, handle large amount of cash, work for drive thru, use coin machine, printer machine, or pick up calls. Been having perfect attendance since the beginning of school. I take thing's seriously, stay committed to work, and always ready to work. Always responsible for things also opened minded ready to help the company improve to better limits.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Being postive as a group always gives a better out go to thing's making it easy to decide.