Jackson Hewitt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jackson Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

1.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

first a quick phone interview. Then doing tax class on line or in classroom setting. then asked to come in and interview. typical questions. then they offer employment based on tax school performance.

Interview Questions

• what are you goals? what is your experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Ithaca, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I took the free tax prep course. I did well in the class and was hired shortly after the course was over. It seemed that the course was the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview conducted on the spot during a job fair. The interviewer asked about five questions total and made me a job offer on the spot. I went through a six weeks online training four days per week. Was not paid for the training; training was over tax laws, did not prepare for on the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: How long have you been doing taxes?   1 Answer
    • Q: What is your tax background?   1 Answer

Front Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Carrollton, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (New Carrollton, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I saw the position posted in Washington Post, faxed in my resume and was then called in for an interview by Office Manager. Was then called in for a second interview with one of the partners of the law firm.

Interview Questions

• To tell him something about myself and my experience.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Orlando, FL).

Interview

There's no interview. Just call them to say you want to take the class. You pay for the class and let them know you are interested in a store manager position. If there is one available and they like you they will give you a store to manage. If there isn't a store manager position available just wait because it's likely someone will quit in the middle of season so just make sure you are very reliable and make it known that you are available all hours all days to your district manager. When there is an opening you will be considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Sarasota, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Third party recruiter phone screen, followed up with several emails, which then led to a phone interview with the hiring manager. (I was not local to the position, but would have relocated.) The next step in the process would have been brought into the office in Sarasota to interview with the team there.

However, the hiring manager performed the interview while driving (he was using hands free), but the echo was horrendous. He only asked one question, which was very generic, didn't go into any specifics about the position at all, and called me by the wrong name, several times. It wasn't even close to my name, and I had corrected him, twice.

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Greensboro, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

brief but to the point did I have a Ptin, did I have previous experience, had i taken any tax classes o r JHnet training before, when was the last time I work for JH, and told to call the human resources for final word and whether they were hiring any more people.. i met prequalifications but tax season had begun.

Interview Questions

• if I could work right away.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Started "real" interview after making sure I could get a PTIN. Straight forward questions. They would contact you only if the office you apply for has vacancy. For small cities, only one to two preparers in one office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Basically they call you and do a phone interview. If you seem like a fit they pick you and set up some classes for you to take if not already certified.
    Basic interview questions asked.

Interview Questions

• When did you find yourself in a troublesome situation and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Easy and quick after taking classes. They will likely hire you if you have taken the class. Class can be hard but you just have to study and ask questions. Staff are helpful and will help if you ask. Be friendly and ask for help if needed. Taxes can be confusing.