Jackson Hewitt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jackson Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

1.7

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2015.

Interview

It was more informational than a normal interview where they ask about strengths/weaknesses etc. They were interested to see how much I could work; when and where. The interview was after I took the class.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with customer service? How do you like your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hobart, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Hobart, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Over the phone, I was in process of moving to Florida. I had to complete their tax prep course even though I'd already passed AFSP through the IRS so double testing and double CE credits which wasn't necessary

Interview Questions

• Pay expectations, ability to research tax questions on your own   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Springfield, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

The franchise manager conducted the interview and asked the normal interview questions, and explained the pay rate system and opportunities. She was laid back, but professional, patient and understanding and kinda worn out. They have a lot of hiring to do and the hiring doesn't take place until after the training which is like 2.5 weeks (December 15 -31) but the training schedule is nice and you get christmas week off and new years and you can work around your plans with the evening and day classes. But once you go through training, or find out its not for you, you don't have to accept the job offer if they give you one.
    The overall experience of this interview was pretty great.

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

was able to negotiate some time off even during peak. but pay is not particularly negotiable unless you have previous experience

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2015.

Interview

Informal. Talking back and forth. He described the position and all it entailed. It included information to study on-line and tests required to pass, ability to work with people in all kinds of moods, ability to remain cool under pressure. Was I ready to study hard? He asked what hours was I wanted to work and if I would be able to work extra hours during the last 2 weeks of tax season.

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to her office for the interview. She put me on a online exam first (it took 30 minutes!). Then she asked me more than 10 interview questions!!!!! And I was required to give an example to each question. How could I come up with so many examples? That's really a lot. It took much longer than I expected. Everyone says the interview of Jackson Hewitt is super short. Why the one I had was that long? Longer than necessary. It took 1h30mins!

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Hamden, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

They calling you, not make a lot a questions, everything by phone and email, then you have to complete an assessment, and then they confirm you are hire or not

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Fairfield, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Took pre-employment assessment. Then I got called for a phone interview. Then got the job. Started prepping for the 1 month Tax course. After completion, registered for the PTIN and CTEC. Immediately after that, I started working at a JH Kiosk in Walmart!

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in November 2015.

Interview

I had an informational phone call and then a formal phone interview. I was hired during the phone interview. Usually they have both a phone and in person interview but they needed to hire quickly. The interview was very informal. They put you at ease and ask about three questions.

Offiice Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weslaco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Weslaco, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I had to fill out an application them they did a criminal background then waited two before they called for an interview. They ceo from thr company interviewed me

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delaware, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Delaware, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Two of three interviewers had very little if any technical expertise and could not begin to control the interview, one person with a technical background called, seemed very knowledgeable but could not answer questions about job responsibilities, requirements etc.

Interview Questions

• None, I controlled the interview, I even asked what my responsibilities would be and wasn't given a concrete answer.   1 Answer