Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Applied online, Was called for an in person interview. Manager asked questions about my experience with taxes and customer service. Drug screening the next day. Started work as soon a drug screen came back

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to deal with a customer issue or complaint   Answer Question
  • What is your experience with taxes and/or accounting?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jackson Hewitt

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Responded to a Craigslist ad that was advertising Seasonal help for $13-$20 an hour. I thought that even $15.00 would be ok for the experience. I have completed dozens of tax returns, just not as a "paid tax preparer" Had in person interview. I walked into the office and it was dark and drab. There was a tax preparer with clients and the hiring manager was on the phone, "she yelled to me that she would be with me in a minute." it was like 20... (Unprofessional) Hiring manager's desk was about 8 feet adjacent to the other tax preparer and clients desk.( I thought where is the privacy????)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a client?
      What do you know about Jackson Hewitt.
      Tell me about a time you went above for a coworker?
      What computer programs are you familiar with?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Wales, PA

Application

I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (North Wales, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Ask your academic backgrounds and related experiences. Try to identify your skill sets and fit in for this position. There are also pre-job training before you really help a customer. PTIN is required.

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Ithaca, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I took the free tax prep course. I did well in the class and was hired shortly after the course was over. It seemed that the course was the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview conducted on the spot during a job fair. The interviewer asked about five questions total and made me a job offer on the spot. I went through a six weeks online training four days per week. Was not paid for the training; training was over tax laws, did not prepare for on the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: How long have you been doing taxes?   1 Answer
    • Q: What is your tax background?   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Easy and quick after taking classes. They will likely hire you if you have taken the class. Class can be hard but you just have to study and ask questions. Staff are helpful and will help if you ask. Be friendly and ask for help if needed. Taxes can be confusing.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to her office for the interview. She put me on a online exam first (it took 30 minutes!). Then she asked me more than 10 interview questions!!!!! And I was required to give an example to each question. How could I come up with so many examples? That's really a lot. It took much longer than I expected. Everyone says the interview of Jackson Hewitt is super short. Why the one I had was that long? Longer than necessary. It took 1h30mins!

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Hamden, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

They calling you, not make a lot a questions, everything by phone and email, then you have to complete an assessment, and then they confirm you are hire or not

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Fenton, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a very long interview, 1 1/2 hours, where I was given a test on my data entry and mathematical capabilities. I was asked questions to get a better feel about my character and personality as well as I was asked to demonstrate other competencies.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation at a past job that made you angry. How did you react and how did you address the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

No formal interview was conducted. I think they just judge by seeing who you are, talking to you when you come in to do the tax training. But, they also do judge off your scores on the training. If you do not pass the courses, you will not likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no formal questions.   1 Answer