Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Applied online, Was called for an in person interview. Manager asked questions about my experience with taxes and customer service. Drug screening the next day. Started work as soon a drug screen came back

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to deal with a customer issue or complaint   Answer Question
  • What is your experience with taxes and/or accounting?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jackson Hewitt

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Responded to a Craigslist ad that was advertising Seasonal help for $13-$20 an hour. I thought that even $15.00 would be ok for the experience. I have completed dozens of tax returns, just not as a "paid tax preparer" Had in person interview. I walked into the office and it was dark and drab. There was a tax preparer with clients and the hiring manager was on the phone, "she yelled to me that she would be with me in a minute." it was like 20... (Unprofessional) Hiring manager's desk was about 8 feet adjacent to the other tax preparer and clients desk.( I thought where is the privacy????)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a client?
      What do you know about Jackson Hewitt.
      Tell me about a time you went above for a coworker?
      What computer programs are you familiar with?
      1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Easy and quick after taking classes. They will likely hire you if you have taken the class. Class can be hard but you just have to study and ask questions. Staff are helpful and will help if you ask. Be friendly and ask for help if needed. Taxes can be confusing.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to her office for the interview. She put me on a online exam first (it took 30 minutes!). Then she asked me more than 10 interview questions!!!!! And I was required to give an example to each question. How could I come up with so many examples? That's really a lot. It took much longer than I expected. Everyone says the interview of Jackson Hewitt is super short. Why the one I had was that long? Longer than necessary. It took 1h30mins!

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Hamden, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

They calling you, not make a lot a questions, everything by phone and email, then you have to complete an assessment, and then they confirm you are hire or not

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Fenton, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a very long interview, 1 1/2 hours, where I was given a test on my data entry and mathematical capabilities. I was asked questions to get a better feel about my character and personality as well as I was asked to demonstrate other competencies.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation at a past job that made you angry. How did you react and how did you address the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

No formal interview was conducted. I think they just judge by seeing who you are, talking to you when you come in to do the tax training. But, they also do judge off your scores on the training. If you do not pass the courses, you will not likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no formal questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Harlingen, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I like this process, because at sometime I get nervous when it comes to interviews and sometimes I get discouraged when they can read my face or body language when I get nervous, and here I get to express my thinking and voice to the questions that questions that are being asked.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about the company.   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2014.

Interview

My interviewer did not even show up for my interview. I was interviewed (if you can call it that) by the front desk receptionist. I still have never met my manager. I suppose it was an easy interview, but had I known then what I know now, I would have recognized the haphazard interview as a red flag for how frustrating the rest of my brief employment here would be.

Interview Questions

• "Well, I don't really know anything about taxes; I just do the front desk. So I don't really know what to ask you. Is there anything you want to tell me?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was non-existent. I was sent an onboarding packet via email. That was it.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Buffalo, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process consists of questions regarding your customer service skills. There weren't much questions in regards to tax. I had a phone interview and an in-store interview. The person must know how to deal with customer, and have some sort of tax knowledge. If you have previously filed taxes for yourself, you will be set. Training will provide you with a better understanding of tax.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer