Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

1.7

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Preparer Interview

Interview

Applied by sending my resume by email to local office. Then received an email with tax class credentials. Got a phone call to come in for an interview and office procedures.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jackson Hewitt

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Everett, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online in the company's career portal and emailed a coworker to arrange a face to face interview with the district manager for Oct 20th followed by the background check and I-9 paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How was your season last year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Applied online, Was called for an in person interview. Manager asked questions about my experience with taxes and customer service. Drug screening the next day. Started work as soon a drug screen came back

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to deal with a customer issue or complaint   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with taxes and/or accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Responded to a Craigslist ad that was advertising Seasonal help for $13-$20 an hour. I thought that even $15.00 would be ok for the experience. I have completed dozens of tax returns, just not as a "paid tax preparer" Had in person interview. I walked into the office and it was dark and drab. There was a tax preparer with clients and the hiring manager was on the phone, "she yelled to me that she would be with me in a minute." it was like 20... (Unprofessional) Hiring manager's desk was about 8 feet adjacent to the other tax preparer and clients desk.( I thought where is the privacy????)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a client?
      What do you know about Jackson Hewitt.
      Tell me about a time you went above for a coworker?
      What computer programs are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Wales, PA

Application

I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (North Wales, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Ask your academic backgrounds and related experiences. Try to identify your skill sets and fit in for this position. There are also pre-job training before you really help a customer. PTIN is required.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in January 2017.

Interview

I didn't really have an interview I received a phone call asking when I can start and if I was still interested in the job. When I showed up for my first day I didn't meet the hiring manager like originally planned. Met her another day.

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Ithaca, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I took the free tax prep course. I did well in the class and was hired shortly after the course was over. It seemed that the course was the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview conducted on the spot during a job fair. The interviewer asked about five questions total and made me a job offer on the spot. I went through a six weeks online training four days per week. Was not paid for the training; training was over tax laws, did not prepare for on the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: How long have you been doing taxes?   1 Answer
    • Q: What is your tax background?   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Easy and quick after taking classes. They will likely hire you if you have taken the class. Class can be hard but you just have to study and ask questions. Staff are helpful and will help if you ask. Be friendly and ask for help if needed. Taxes can be confusing.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to her office for the interview. She put me on a online exam first (it took 30 minutes!). Then she asked me more than 10 interview questions!!!!! And I was required to give an example to each question. How could I come up with so many examples? That's really a lot. It took much longer than I expected. Everyone says the interview of Jackson Hewitt is super short. Why the one I had was that long? Longer than necessary. It took 1h30mins!