Jackson Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jackson Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Bio Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Laboratory.

Interview

I interviewed for a Biostatisticain position at Ouyang lab. A main person, who shall be referred as he, in the lab conducted the interview which lasted more than 80 mins, the longest phone interview I have ever had.

I want to warn Biostatisticians. He basically was interested in me ideas how to solve certain problems more than hiring. In fact in the end of the interview he asked me to send him a research plan detailing a problem and how to solve it!. It was clear for me that he was not interested in my application but rather on how to squeeze ideas out of me. He was taking notes all the time.

Imagine he rejected my candidacy one day after the interview although I mastered every question he asked. His questions were completely related to my CV and nobody knows my CV more than I do.

My advice to you, conduct the interview but don't give away your ideas. If he is interested in your work that much, then he should invite you out there at his lab for an on-site interview.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Laboratory (Farmington, CT).

Interview

I had one HR phone interview, then one on-site interview, and got the offer the same day. Everybody was very friendly, I had a great time talking to the professors and discussing the projects.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, outline projects, which methods I would use, why do I want this position.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Laboratory in April 2017.

Interview

Very nice and casual. Asked the general interview question before moving on to the more technical questions about genetics, experiences in lab and working with mice, knowledge of procedures and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• If you were to explain RNA Splicing to someone who does not know science, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bar Harbor, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jackson Laboratory (Bar Harbor, ME) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in late October 2016, heard back about a month later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of typical questions like "Why do you want to work here," "What do you think an animal care technician does," etc.

Heard back a couple of weeks later that I was invited for an in-person interview at the Bar Harbor facility. I've never interviewed for a large company before, so I was a little surprised when I found out that I would not be doing one, but multiple interviews. I talked with the recruiter first, then the hiring manager, then with a couple of different groups of supervisors/managers from various departments. Lots of questions about the nature of the job and whether or not I would be OK with doing all of the tasks required. Everyone was very nice and I never really felt uncomfortable.

I left feeling fairly confident, but received an email about a week later saying I didn't get the job. Still, overall I had a positive experience and will possibly reapply in the future.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Laboratory.

Interview

I had a skype interview a few days after I filled the application. Less then one week, I was informed to take a on-site interview. The on-site interview followed the formal procedure, meeting with superviser and lab members one-by-one, giving a presentation for 1 hr, then talking with HR people. It took a whole day. About 3 days later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• If you are applying for a research position, they would like to know what you did in the past in detail and see how your expertise would match the position.   Answer Question

In Vivo Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Laboratory.

Interview

Long and slow. The interview process is 4 parts: phone with recruiter, in person with recruiter, in person with management, and in person with potential coworkers. You are also required to "scrub in" to the lab for the last stage to get a feel for the facility. You get a tour of the place, which is nice.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bar Harbor, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Laboratory (Bar Harbor, ME) in May 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and casual. I passed the phone interview in which I was asked standard interview questions; ie where do you see yourself in 5 years, what are your strengths, how used to lab work are you, etc. Flew me out to an in-person interview where the principal investigator described the available projects and then followed up with a tour. Great staff, quality equipment and facilities

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Laboratory.

Interview

The interview process was long (three months) and included a trip to Bar Harbor, ME. They seem to want to understand your skill set, personality type and if you will fit well with the team. All good things but again, long.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Laboratory (Farmington, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

was contacted for a phone interview and then later called back to arrange an in-person interview at the lab. That in-person interview consisted with mini-interviews with supervisors, me giving a talk on my research experience, and had a long interview with the primary investigator. The in-person portion was a full day.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of something professional that you're most proud of?
      What's an example of a time when you messed up at work or things went really wrong?
      How did you react to it? What did you learn from it?
      How would you handle a difficult coworker who is behaving in a poor or bad manner?
      Why you choice our company ?
      Answer Question

In Vivo Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Laboratory (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Hired via Aerotek and converted after three months. First interview is with Aerotek recruiter. Second interview is with study directors and directors. Third interview is with PIs and RAs. These are all on-site interviews and no phone call interview. I waited one day for the reply of the second interview. But the final offer I waited for almost two weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1. Self introduction
      2. Question related to experience (like dosing)
      3. 5-year goal