Jackson National Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jackson National Life Interview Questions

Updated Dec 25, 2017

2.6

Software Developer Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson National Life.

Interview

I first saw them at the career fair and gave them my resume. They had very quick turnaround time and had me fill out an online assessment. The assessment wasn't technical, it just asked me about things like my work habits. Then I had an initial phone screening that went over my resume.

UI Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson National Life.

Interview

there was a phone screening and then after the phone screening was another phone interview and then it was the offer, very pleased with everything pertaining to the compnay so far

Information Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson National Life in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on the company's website & had an interview two weeks later. Just the first HR round. Lady was talking about the position & the company. I got a rejection email a day later. Mind you, I have a year of experience in the field & I am directly studying in it. I don't know what they expect an intern to have, honestly.

Interview Questions

• Just questions about why you applied to the company & what you've done at previous jobs & school.   Answer Question

Business Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life.

Interview

Personality Test with MS Excel test then phone interview. With that, you had basic interview questions, but the main problem was, to start off the phone call, the interviewer was just rude. She showed no emotion and acted like she was better than everyone. Recruiters need to remember: YOU ARE THE FACE OF THE COMPANY TO START OUT!

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with MS Excel and using Pivot Tables?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson National Life in September 2017.

Interview

Call with a recruiter. Pretty easy a standard behavioral interview. Call with my boss. Asked me questions about my past experience, work experience and academic experience. Recruiter was extremely helpful and friendly.

Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Lansing, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Entire process took one month from time of submitting application. HR contacted me to complete a 30-minute math & vocabulary test and personality survey, and then HR conducted a phone screening about 10 days after I applied. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager the following week, then a final presentation and interview about 10 days later, which allowed me one week to prepare my presentation of a business case for a project. After I presented, the asked about eight behavioral questions and their notes templates indicated they expected to hear the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you negotiated successfully for something.   1 Answer

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Franklin, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter then was asked to take a writing assessment, which consisted of creating three pieces of content. This took a lot of time and ultimately was a waste of my time.
    Advise to Jackson Recruiters - don't give someone an assignment that will take them hours to complete when all they did was pass the phone screen. Wait until they've gone through the interview process, then ask the top five candidates to devote their time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

phone interview about basic personal information and goals followed by on site interview pertaining to the role. Met with groups of two who asked very different questions. First team was managers from the position followed by 2 folks from HR.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a reconciliation you have made in your past   Answer Question

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Lansing, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and got an email about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled within the week and lasted about 30 minutes. The interview questions were pretty much spot on from what other people have posted about their interview experiences.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (East Lansing, MI).

Interview

If you are a foreign student, don't even bother to apply for jobs at Jackson. They only want to hire people who can "stay longer". Apparently they assume that everyone is going to stay for decades without leaving. But the truth is, people would leave if there were opportunities. There is definitely a discrimination against foreigners at Jackson. Please be aware of that. Jackson likes to hire internally, which means that foreigners will not even have chances to get internship there since you can't stay afterwards anyway.

Also Jackson has a very sloppy HR department. My name was spelled WRONG in the email I received from HR. Absolutely no feedback when I tried to follow up. And the irony is that applicants should never make spelling mistakes in their writings. Also HR calls in at a DIFFERENT time that was agreed on, PLUS 8 minutes LATE. What a horrible experience.

Application stops immediately once they know you do not have a green card. Even if you have all the skills and qualifications, they do NOT value them at all. I do not know how a company becomes one of the Fortune 500 when their standard is not hiring talents.