Jackson National Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.6

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Lansing, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and got an email about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled within the week and lasted about 30 minutes. The interview questions were pretty much spot on from what other people have posted about their interview experiences.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (East Lansing, MI).

Interview

If you are a foreign student, don't even bother to apply for jobs at Jackson. They only want to hire people who can "stay longer". Apparently they assume that everyone is going to stay for decades without leaving. But the truth is, people would leave if there were opportunities. There is definitely a discrimination against foreigners at Jackson. Please be aware of that. Jackson likes to hire internally, which means that foreigners will not even have chances to get internship there since you can't stay afterwards anyway.

Also Jackson has a very sloppy HR department. My name was spelled WRONG in the email I received from HR. Absolutely no feedback when I tried to follow up. And the irony is that applicants should never make spelling mistakes in their writings. Also HR calls in at a DIFFERENT time that was agreed on, PLUS 8 minutes LATE. What a horrible experience.

Application stops immediately once they know you do not have a green card. Even if you have all the skills and qualifications, they do NOT value them at all. I do not know how a company becomes one of the Fortune 500 when their standard is not hiring talents.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with ill-informed HR-recruiter. The position for which I interview has a fairly specialized skill set and operating environment - the state and federal government. The recruiter, very obviously, was unfamiliar with government relations and public affairs. For example, I had to explain the gold-standard win of having the congressional staff of relevant committee M.C. call for timely policy development input. I went at it a couple of different ways, but it was apparent she didn't get it. She was taking notes to present to hiring manager. Really must question the accuracy of her notes when she had no knowledge of the field. It would be like me trying to take notes to qualify a HR person for a HR job. Very poorly managed process.

Interview Questions

• What salary do you expect for this role?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Poor communication. Would wait weeks between confirmations. Then one sentence email rejection after third round panel interview. Standard questions, not too many "tell me about a time when..." which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your email campaign success/experience and why did it work, not work.   Answer Question

Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Nashville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and received a call the next day. After several phone interviews (2 of which the person that was supposed to call never called), I received an offer to interview in person at their Nashville location. I was told to arrive at 12, but no one acknowledged me until 1. I then waited another 15 minutes until my first interview. After that I sat in a waiting room for 30 minutes until my 2nd interview with a panel. The entire process seemed like I was a forethought and I was told some bad information going into the interview

Sales Interm Interview

Interview

The process was a simple one they came to recruit from my university. So that allowed for me to gain a better feel for the company and the people that work there. The managers are great and they real engrained the companies values and traditions throughout the interview process.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jackson National Life.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of the week, the next day I was asked to take a personality test and a typing test. Next, an HR Specialist had called me and explained the position, the starting salary, and asked me a few questions about where I've worked and my experience with Microsoft Excel. The next day I received a call to schedule an interview. And was offered the position at the end of the interview.

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life.

Interview

I had the Phone interview. The interviewer did not asked me many questions. He told me that he is forwarding the report to management and I will receive a call the following week. I did not received any call despite of following up with him.

Interview Questions

• Did you handle db2 or Sybase database too? How many servers did you had?   Answer Question

Strategic Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Lansing, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Everyone was really nice. Gave me time to think about my answers and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say! I applied online and was moved on to the next process the day after. The next day they scheduled me for an interview and hired me on the spot. Super speedy process!

Project Analyst Interview

Interview

I directed to complete an online assessment, Wonderlic reasoning and personality, as well as a ProveIT excel evaluation. I recommend really researching HOW the ProveIT test works. I knew how to complete the functions it was asking for, but it did not like my clicks (or lack thereof) to get to the end result. Just be aware, and hopefully you'll do better than me!