Jackson National Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2018

2.6

Strategic Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Lansing, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

Initial typing test along with a basic personality test. Followed up with a 15minute phone interview/ basic job overview. A 50minute in person interview with a SSA manager followed with basic situational questions. Job offer given at end. Background check along with drug testing required afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to provide assistance to a coworker and what was the result   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson National Life.

Interview

I first saw them at the career fair and gave them my resume. They had very quick turnaround time and had me fill out an online assessment. The assessment wasn't technical, it just asked me about things like my work habits. Then I had an initial phone screening that went over my resume.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson National Life in December 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for time to discuss the position. Discussed the position. The recruiter advised they would be in contact in the next few days to tell me next step or not moving forward, but heard nothing. Finally, roughly a month later and a few weeks after seeing the position removed from their job page, I received a generic email saying they are not moving forward with application. With the lack of professionalism shown in the recruiting process, I would not recommend wasting your time on this organization. They appear to be shopping for good deals on employees, not the right people in the right place.

Interview Questions

• If your current employer made you an offer to stay, would you? Or would you accept our offer?   Answer Question
    • What is your current salary and desired salary?   Answer Question

UI Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson National Life.

Interview

there was a phone screening and then after the phone screening was another phone interview and then it was the offer, very pleased with everything pertaining to the compnay so far

Information Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson National Life in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on the company's website & had an interview two weeks later. Just the first HR round. Lady was talking about the position & the company. I got a rejection email a day later. Mind you, I have a year of experience in the field & I am directly studying in it. I don't know what they expect an intern to have, honestly.

Interview Questions

• Just questions about why you applied to the company & what you've done at previous jobs & school.   Answer Question

Business Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life.

Interview

Personality Test with MS Excel test then phone interview. With that, you had basic interview questions, but the main problem was, to start off the phone call, the interviewer was just rude. She showed no emotion and acted like she was better than everyone. Recruiters need to remember: YOU ARE THE FACE OF THE COMPANY TO START OUT!

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with MS Excel and using Pivot Tables?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson National Life in September 2017.

Interview

Call with a recruiter. Pretty easy a standard behavioral interview. Call with my boss. Asked me questions about my past experience, work experience and academic experience. Recruiter was extremely helpful and friendly.

Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Lansing, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Entire process took one month from time of submitting application. HR contacted me to complete a 30-minute math & vocabulary test and personality survey, and then HR conducted a phone screening about 10 days after I applied. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager the following week, then a final presentation and interview about 10 days later, which allowed me one week to prepare my presentation of a business case for a project. After I presented, the asked about eight behavioral questions and their notes templates indicated they expected to hear the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you negotiated successfully for something.   1 Answer

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Franklin, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter then was asked to take a writing assessment, which consisted of creating three pieces of content. This took a lot of time and ultimately was a waste of my time.
    Advise to Jackson Recruiters - don't give someone an assignment that will take them hours to complete when all they did was pass the phone screen. Wait until they've gone through the interview process, then ask the top five candidates to devote their time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jackson National Life (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

phone interview about basic personal information and goals followed by on site interview pertaining to the role. Met with groups of two who asked very different questions. First team was managers from the position followed by 2 folks from HR.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a reconciliation you have made in your past   Answer Question