Jacobs Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.7

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Applied directly through website; non technical interview. It was over skype, and the manager + HR were in the room, but not in view of the camera. Basically, it is clear to me they like to hire excited interns who have demonstrated interest in their field of study outside of school. For me, that meant club involvement.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer
  • Describe a time you worked on a team   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Jacobs

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me and set up a phone interview where they asked me about my past experience and why I wanted to work for them. Then I got a call back asking me to come into the office for an interview. When I went all they did was introduce me and show me around the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview last around an hour. I interviewed with two engineers. Their interview process was average and forgettable. They did not impress me during the interview. I had to ask most all of the questions. They look at GPA above all else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had been in contact with Jacobs Engineering for 6-9 months prior to having an in person interview in their Bellevue Washington Office. It had been communicated to me through these conversations prior to travelling to Washington, that they were very interested in me but needed to make sure that what I was looking for in terms of career type, compensation, etc. would be possible so as to not waste either parties time. In January 2017 I was asked to come out to Seattle, a trip which I paid 100% of the costs for, to meet in person and discuss opportunities which they were interested in me for. I agreed to come out to Seattle, a trip that required around $750 in flights and rental cars, as well as 2 days of personal time off from my current employer. The whole experience was incredibly unorganized to the point that I wasn't even given concrete times to interview until 8:00pm the night before my interview. They had also set up another interview for me, in which I was given 1 hour notice to get to the opposite side of the greater Seattle metro area for a lunch meeting with a project manager.

The Bellevue interview was an incredible waste of my time. The first question asked was "What do you even want to do at Jacobs?", which my few answers were quickly beat down and compared to how the interviewer had way more experience than I did, and that my experience in those areas isn't relevant. As the interview went on, I was informed multiple times within the first 5-10 minutes that I don't have any experience they are interested in, and that I really don't fit the type of applicant they would consider for employment. I have a professional engineering license with 6 years of industry experience, and after a 60-90 minute interview was informed that they could maybe bring me in as a junior project inspector, which is essentially a new graduate position, and in my opinion a professional slap in the face. I was essentially only look for a Project Engineer type position, which with my licensing / experience is an appropriate level within an organization to target.

I have no problem being told that a company is not interested in me for employment, but the issue I have with Jacobs is that they directly informed me that they didn't want to waste my time, and that is exactly what they did. To ask me to fly out to Seattle, on my own dime, to just tell me that I am not what they are looking for is incredibly unprofessional. That conversation could be handled over a phone call, or honestly a rejection email. This interview cost me around $1500 including travel expenses and lost time costs.

Interview Questions

• What do you even want to do for Jacobs?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

They were getting to know me. They asked me about my past experience and classes. They also asked how did I hear about the company and why I wanted to intern there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was as they weren't interested in me as much as they were about filling a slot & getting paid for it but their sole customer.

Pay offer was poor & no sense of advancement.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

interview at the career fair , phone call, interview at the office

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a friend. I was called and set up an interview with three levels of management at once. The next day I visited the office and talked with some of my future coworkers. I was offered the job a week later. Then it was at least two weeks before HR and I could come to a deal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a personality confict you had and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Vacation time was off the table for negotiation. Salary is the only variable. They took my first offer, which was a 20% increase over my last job. They were still working on their process at the time though, so there was a lot of delay finalizing the paperwork. They have that together now.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Mumbai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

okayish, it was long process and too many candidates on the same day. good questions were asked and interviewers were skilled knowledgeable people. wish the process was quicker cause this took full day

Interview Questions

• on project, urself, plc and dcs, asked about my college life   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

One technical test and one-on-one interview