Jacobs Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jacobs Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Jacobs

2.9

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

They contacted me and set up an interview where they asked me about my past experience, my studies, why I wanted to work for them and about the projects I have worked in the past. When I went all they did was introduce me and show me around the office.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jacobs

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then got a reply after many weeks saying that i got invited to an assesment day on Novemeber 2016. It consisted of a group excersie followed on by an hour interview with senior directors with technical questions involved. very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• 4 competency questions and 2 technicals very basic   3 Answers

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Croydon, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Introduction made, brief overview of Jacobs and what they do. Specification of what the job entails and what it requires. A review of my CV to see if I had the necessary skill set for the job. A question and answer session about my CV followed by a series of competency questions. A technical question was asked to test my understanding of simple civil engineering principles and how one would apply theoretical knowledge to a real life situation.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 interview where a brief presentation of the company, clients and ethics. You are then asked a combination of experience verification questions, competency based questions and a written exercise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you carried out a cost benefit analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Prepare to be asked questions based on the job application itself. Listen to the opening presentation because you will be asked later ''what do you know about the company''. They will be taking notes whilst you speak but do not feel discourage, maintain eye contact. Most importantly, make sure you have good questions to ask at the end graduate performance review etc

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Croydon, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

My interview was at the Croydon office for Graduate Highways Engineer. The office has a friendly and welcoming environment.

The interview consisted of 6 competency-based questions ("Tell me about a time when you ___") and a Highway technical question.

I would highly recommend revising all the questions presented on Glassdoor as that enabled me to be more prepared for some of the questions asked. Also do some research on the company, remember your experiences thoroughly and prepare questions to ask at the start and end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to change your plan/ method mid-project. How did you react?   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I just submitted my cv and cover letter through jacobs website and then ten days after online application they called me and invited for an interview. One of the graduate engineers made a 15 minute presentation about company and current projects. I had a small tour in the office. Two head engineer of the department attended to interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about relevant experince.   2 Answers

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I launched the online application though company website. After around 3 weeks, received notification for video interview on vieple. it consisted 4 questions.secondly, panel interview, thirdly background check. Lastly, reference check

Interview Questions

• how you know about jacobs, what position are you applying for and why   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a 15 minutes presentation about the company and the graduate program by two interviewers. After that we had a 15 minutes group task about building sustainable houses and we had to present it. Finally we had around one hour long 1:1 interview with 5 competency based questions and 2 technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you had to manage your time effectively.   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I have a phone call, then an assesment center, after that one interview face to face with two engineers. After a couple of weeks I knew the result, it was really easy and straighforwad, I was recommended by a friend.

Interview Questions

• whay do you want to join jacobs?, how do you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Very good interview process, easy and straight forward, just an online application and interview. The interview consists of 1 group exercise and then a 2 to 1 or 1 to 1 interview. Both went extremely well and questions are pretty generic in the sense they are to test your competancy, just answer truthfully and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• When have you missed a deadline?   1 Answer