Jacobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Electronics Calibration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

i was scheduled for an interview and then had a family emergency. I asked to reschedule and they told me that "due to my inflexibility, i would not be considered.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted application, never heard from them again. It is a big hole where applications are poured into, you get an email confirming receipt, and then nada. When you reach out to key people, they are too busy to be bothered.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

Submitted an application directly through their site. Within 3 minutes they sent an email stating that after careful review I was not selected. Three minutes...careful review??? They clearly have lost their human touch.

CND Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

This sounds crazy, but they found me on LinkedIn, had one job interview over the phone, and then sent me an offer. If you get a job with a security clearance it could take you a while before you start. I accepted the job in April and could not start until July because I was waiting for my security clearance.

Interview Questions

• I don't know... they really spent a lot of time 'selling' me on the job and explaining my duties.   Answer Question

Learning & Talent Manager Interview

Interview

Thorough set up of interviewing with full team. Not enough alignment internally on common view of "ideal" candidate. Not everyone equally invested on the need for the role or for an external hire in this case.

Interview Questions

• Why Jacobs? Why this role?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience that contributes to your decision to interview for this role?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview last around an hour. I interviewed with two engineers. Their interview process was average and forgettable. They did not impress me during the interview. I had to ask most all of the questions. They look at GPA above all else.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had been in contact with Jacobs Engineering for 6-9 months prior to having an in person interview in their Bellevue Washington Office. It had been communicated to me through these conversations prior to travelling to Washington, that they were very interested in me but needed to make sure that what I was looking for in terms of career type, compensation, etc. would be possible so as to not waste either parties time. In January 2017 I was asked to come out to Seattle, a trip which I paid 100% of the costs for, to meet in person and discuss opportunities which they were interested in me for. I agreed to come out to Seattle, a trip that required around $750 in flights and rental cars, as well as 2 days of personal time off from my current employer. The whole experience was incredibly unorganized to the point that I wasn't even given concrete times to interview until 8:00pm the night before my interview. They had also set up another interview for me, in which I was given 1 hour notice to get to the opposite side of the greater Seattle metro area for a lunch meeting with a project manager.

The Bellevue interview was an incredible waste of my time. The first question asked was "What do you even want to do at Jacobs?", which my few answers were quickly beat down and compared to how the interviewer had way more experience than I did, and that my experience in those areas isn't relevant. As the interview went on, I was informed multiple times within the first 5-10 minutes that I don't have any experience they are interested in, and that I really don't fit the type of applicant they would consider for employment. I have a professional engineering license with 6 years of industry experience, and after a 60-90 minute interview was informed that they could maybe bring me in as a junior project inspector, which is essentially a new graduate position, and in my opinion a professional slap in the face. I was essentially only look for a Project Engineer type position, which with my licensing / experience is an appropriate level within an organization to target.

I have no problem being told that a company is not interested in me for employment, but the issue I have with Jacobs is that they directly informed me that they didn't want to waste my time, and that is exactly what they did. To ask me to fly out to Seattle, on my own dime, to just tell me that I am not what they are looking for is incredibly unprofessional. That conversation could be handled over a phone call, or honestly a rejection email. This interview cost me around $1500 including travel expenses and lost time costs.

Interview Questions

• What do you even want to do for Jacobs?   1 Answer

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jacobs (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

My interview with Jacobs was great. The hiring managers were extremely nice and since it was my first actual interview they were very understanding and relaxed. I would recommend this company to others

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on line. The process took about 4 weeks. I was contacted by email to go for an in person interview in Boston, MA office. I was interviewed by three engineers one of which is the manager. The interviewer were very friendly and nice. We went over my resume and asked me if i'm willing to relocate.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in August 2016.

Interview

Initially, I applied online and was contacted two days later about coming in for an interview. I wasn't in town at the time so I set up a phone interview instead. This interview was with the hiring manager and was quite pleasant. He asked me to come in for an office tour and personality-test based interview. I paid my own way to fly in since I was out of state and had really good vibes from the manager and overall what my role would be. I met with two managers a couple weeks later and overall had a very pleasant experience with them. I felt VERY confident about receiving an offer.

Two weeks went by without a peep. They told me I would hear back from them within two weeks, so I remained patient. 2 weeks and 1 day later I sent a follow up email asking where they were in the interview process. I did not receive a response.

A week later, I emailed the recruiter asking what their travel reimbursement policy was for interviewees. She asked the hiring manager (the one who interviewed me) and he said nope, sorry. So he didn't have the courtesy to respond to my email or offer to fly me out. The first one is what really irritated me though.