Jacobs Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jacobs Process Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

First you do a phone interview. Next, you get called in and talk to the hiring managers. After, you will speak with 4-5 fellow engineers individually and they will ask you about anything from school to work experience to your work ethic in general. Very nice and professional people and they want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• What was your senior project about and how did you contribute?   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Very relaxed and straight forward. I interviewed with 4 current employees of varying levels in the company. Getting to speak in a somewhat informal manner with a vp helped me learn a great deal about the company and what to expect.

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I applied around Feb and interviewed in March. They took three weeks to respond with an offer. The interview was 6 hours long. The HR department was in contact within 3 weeks to inform me it would be another 2 weeks. They called 1 week later and made an offer. There was no negotiation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jacobs (Long Beach, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I met with Jacobs at a school career fair and handed in a resume. They later contacted me for an interview. The interview was very conversational, and was around 2 and a half hours long. I interviewed with five people: first session with one, second with two, third with two.

Interview Questions

• They asked a very broad spectrum of questions. Mostly reviewing your resume, and experience. No technical questions. They were all very nice people, none were awkward, they just want to get a feel for who you are and what you're capable of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Lakeland, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by an in person interview less than two weeks later. Interview was held in a conference room with hiring manager and multiple senior technical personnel. General questions included 'Why do you want to work in this position for this company? How will you help this company? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?'.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies and interests?   1 Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Greenville, SC) in July 2011.

Interview

Web application was through company website. I received a generic acknowledgment of receipt of resume.
    I received a telephone response 12 months after applying online. Call was from a corporate recruiter asking if I was still interested and gave me a brief overview of the job description and location. We agreed on a follow-up interview by a department engineer several days later.
    Telephone interview with manager was pleasant and covered technical topics, not very specific, more related to past experiences and job descriptions. Interview answered my questions very openly.
    Request for an onsite interview came by telephone several days later. Local HR department made all the arrangements for flight, hotel and rental car. They were open to a flight time change that I requested. They flew me in the night before, reserved a room for me in a nice business hotel close to the office, and provided a rental car.
    Interview was in the morning, between 9am and 11:30am. First by an HR person who had briefly reviewed my resume, but did not know it well. Next interview was by the hiring manager, followed by another superior level manager and finally by someone at my same level. All interviews were private, one-on-one and very friendly. Interview concluded by a wrap-up by the hiring manager.
    After the interview there were several telephone calls within days gauging my interest. The hiring manager called when it was clear a job offer was pending to assure my availability and assuring me he was waiting for executive approval on the formal offer.

Written offer came in a letter attached to an email with a one-week deadline for acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were technical in nature, but within the typical job knowledge for the position and not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was higher than what I had privately set as a minimum salary. I asked for a 4th week of vacation instead of the 3 offered. Declined. I asked for a delay in my start date by two weeks. Accepted. I asked for help in relocation costs. They offered to pay for full service moving company (Canada to USA) up to a maximum cost (about $16K) and $1000 cash payment for incidentals. They also paid for a rental car for one month and hotel costs for 1 month during transition.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with about 8 interviewers, including managers and experienced engineers.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are related to fundamental knowledge on chemical engineering.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Houston, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

You have a series of 4 people interview you out of the department with the final person being the department manager. He usually gets feed back from those that interview you before he enters the room so he knows whether he wants to hire you or not usually when he walks in. You usually hear back in with in two weeks with and offer letter or a thanks but no thanks letter.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult challenge that you have had in your working career?   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leiden (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Leiden (Netherlands)) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially meet representative of Jaocbs Engineering at a career fair. This was followed by sending in the application to the HR department. After a gap of approx 1 month, the application was forwarded to a recruitment agency for initial screening which included a Skype interview. After a gap of aprox. 1 month, the results of the interview was announced following which the dates for the final interview with the company was decided.
    The interview process included two separate interviews with a process engineer and the deputy manager of the process engineering department.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions. The interviewers had a list of questions to ask from.   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was two stage interview and both through the phone: first one was mostly HR questions. The one who interviewed me was a wise and patient person: sometimes I could not come up with an answer due to interview pressure and he just accepted. After one week they contacted me for the 2nd interview, and it was completely technical: lots of questions.

Interview Questions

• Name relief scenarios
      The allowable pressure drop in PSV inlet line
      Re limitation for laminar flow in the pipeline, and how viscosity has effect on it
      How to follow up an email   Answer Question