Jacobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.6

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Canberra (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was Interviewed by 3 people in their head office. They didn't provide any background information about the job so I was not able to prepare myself for the interview. The process revolved around a recruitment company and them, most of the information I obtained was via the recruitment agency.

Interview Questions

• Probed with background questions and asked a lot of technical questions in relation to the task they had in mind they didn't really ask much about my knowledge of Jacobs.   1 Answer
    • One question that was repeated over and over was ethics.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Interview was arranged via an ad on the SEAONC job board. In person interview was over two hours long. The interviewers never asked me any question about my total engineering background. They believe that the projects you worked on 14 years ago make you the engineer you are today. I had other more relevant projects that benefitted the organization than those fro 14 years ago. No technical questions were asked to test the applicants. I felt humilted because they personally attacked me over my work history. The office said they had lots of people working there yet the cubicles were not even furnished.

Interview Questions

• There were NO unexpected questions. There were difficult questions that were more like personal attacks.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs in January 2007.

Interview

long and tedious, more paper work than any company in the past

Interview Questions

Negotiation

stubborn

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I had to meet four people from different levels.
    CEO, HRD, HRD Europe Area, IT Manager Europe.
    All interviews were planned at least one week before.
    The whole process lasted for two months.

Interview Questions

• Why do we have to choose you, and not other candidates?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Mumbai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

okayish, it was long process and too many candidates on the same day. good questions were asked and interviewers were skilled knowledgeable people. wish the process was quicker cause this took full day

Interview Questions

• on project, urself, plc and dcs, asked about my college life   Answer Question

Graduate Transport Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jacobs (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply online with CV and Cover Letter.
    and after them they informed that I am in a shortlist they would like to talk to………
    and arrange the time with them………and they did presentation in campus as well……and Get informed to an interview.

Interview Questions

• 1 an experience of teamwork   Answer Question
    • 2 an experience of doing a research for sth?   Answer Question
    • 3 a time when u running out of time?   Answer Question
    • 4 a time when u beyond your expectation?   Answer Question
    • 5 technical questions:
      a map with railway and road network,choose the best one and give reasons   Answer Question
    • 6 general questions:interested area?why jacobs?why this job?   Answer Question
    • 7 CV based questions:ask a few internship experience? talk about some skills in cv?   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

There was a Panel Interview
    Two to Three Senior Staff Members from the Engineering Department and/or Project Management
    Each Asking their own set of interviewing questions
    After the interview you are introduced to other engineers where you are able to sit with them and see what type of work they are involved in. This is where they narrow down which candidates they would like to make an offer to later on because they are seeing first hand how they interact with staff etc etc

Interview Questions

• Describe what Engineering Experience you may have
      Why do you want to Intern here
      Tell us what you know about this company   Answer Question

Graduate Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Friendly environment, kind people but a demanding interview,you have to be prepared well for both competency and technical questions. A deep undestanding of basic principles of PM was crucial for the successful candidates. Finally situational judgement questions were included at the last part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Which project management stage is most crucial.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not even negotiaged. Salary and benefits were above the national average

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Croydon, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Introduction made, brief overview of Jacobs and what they do. Specification of what the job entails and what it requires. A review of my CV to see if I had the necessary skill set for the job. A question and answer session about my CV followed by a series of competency questions. A technical question was asked to test my understanding of simple civil engineering principles and how one would apply theoretical knowledge to a real life situation.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jacobs (Alexandria, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard Interview Process. Group panel interview can potentially happen. Informative and challenging questions. Detail oriented but concise responses expected. Expect the unexpected. Be prepared to express yourself clearly and creatively.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you faced multiple challenges with colleagues and a deliverable?   Answer Question