Jacobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jacobs (Tampa, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks for an in person interview. Interview consisted of a panel of four interviewers asking various questions related to IT. I followed up with an email thanking the lead interviewer for the opportunity and was received a formal offer within a week.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me and set up a phone interview where they asked me about my past experience and why I wanted to work for them. Then I got a call back asking me to come into the office for an interview. When I went all they did was introduce me and show me around the office.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online then was contacted through email by a recruiter. Had an in person interview with 4 other designers. The follow up interview was a video chat with some of the staff who you would be answering to. Both mainly talked about portfolio and the design process that was used for the projects. Very easy going, talked a lot about what computer programs I preferred and skill set relating to said programs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jacobs? What would be your definition of an integrated studio?   Answer Question

Instrumentation Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Mumbai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview is taken by Head of the department that is in my case Instrumentation and a Senior Engineer, First general questions are asked about your previous experience, the project you have worked on and etc. Then more technical questions are asked regarding your background then the some examples are asked to check practical knowledge. At the end your given a chance to ask details about job profile and company, also about project you are going to put on

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were asked like how wiring is done from Field to Control Room   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Mumbai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

okayish, it was long process and too many candidates on the same day. good questions were asked and interviewers were skilled knowledgeable people. wish the process was quicker cause this took full day

Interview Questions

• on project, urself, plc and dcs, asked about my college life   Answer Question

Documentation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

They interview me on the job site, ask me a couple of questions like no interest in fill the position!, none of the questions relates with the job description. No clue why they called me.

Graduate Transport Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jacobs (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply online with CV and Cover Letter.
    and after them they informed that I am in a shortlist they would like to talk to………
    and arrange the time with them………and they did presentation in campus as well……and Get informed to an interview.

Interview Questions

• 1 an experience of teamwork   Answer Question
    • 2 an experience of doing a research for sth?   Answer Question
    • 3 a time when u running out of time?   Answer Question
    • 4 a time when u beyond your expectation?   Answer Question
    • 5 technical questions:
      a map with railway and road network,choose the best one and give reasons
      Answer Question
    • 6 general questions:interested area?why jacobs?why this job?   Answer Question
    • 7 CV based questions:ask a few internship experience? talk about some skills in cv?   Answer Question

Learning & Talent Manager Interview

Interview

Thorough set up of interviewing with full team. Not enough alignment internally on common view of "ideal" candidate. Not everyone equally invested on the need for the role or for an external hire in this case.

Interview Questions

• Why Jacobs? Why this role?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience that contributes to your decision to interview for this role?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had been in contact with Jacobs Engineering for 6-9 months prior to having an in person interview in their Bellevue Washington Office. It had been communicated to me through these conversations prior to travelling to Washington, that they were very interested in me but needed to make sure that what I was looking for in terms of career type, compensation, etc. would be possible so as to not waste either parties time. In January 2017 I was asked to come out to Seattle, a trip which I paid 100% of the costs for, to meet in person and discuss opportunities which they were interested in me for. I agreed to come out to Seattle, a trip that required around $750 in flights and rental cars, as well as 2 days of personal time off from my current employer. The whole experience was incredibly unorganized to the point that I wasn't even given concrete times to interview until 8:00pm the night before my interview. They had also set up another interview for me, in which I was given 1 hour notice to get to the opposite side of the greater Seattle metro area for a lunch meeting with a project manager.

The Bellevue interview was an incredible waste of my time. The first question asked was "What do you even want to do at Jacobs?", which my few answers were quickly beat down and compared to how the interviewer had way more experience than I did, and that my experience in those areas isn't relevant. As the interview went on, I was informed multiple times within the first 5-10 minutes that I don't have any experience they are interested in, and that I really don't fit the type of applicant they would consider for employment. I have a professional engineering license with 6 years of industry experience, and after a 60-90 minute interview was informed that they could maybe bring me in as a junior project inspector, which is essentially a new graduate position, and in my opinion a professional slap in the face. I was essentially only look for a Project Engineer type position, which with my licensing / experience is an appropriate level within an organization to target.

I have no problem being told that a company is not interested in me for employment, but the issue I have with Jacobs is that they directly informed me that they didn't want to waste my time, and that is exactly what they did. To ask me to fly out to Seattle, on my own dime, to just tell me that I am not what they are looking for is incredibly unprofessional. That conversation could be handled over a phone call, or honestly a rejection email. This interview cost me around $1500 including travel expenses and lost time costs.

Interview Questions

• What do you even want to do for Jacobs?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview last around an hour. I interviewed with two engineers. Their interview process was average and forgettable. They did not impress me during the interview. I had to ask most all of the questions. They look at GPA above all else.